BDKW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #137
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFO
new pics of the other version??
Probably Mon/Tues . The 'mock up' is basically done, but we're still messing around with the detail.
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #138
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Well, this is the third model in the KLR offerings ( the XS twin) and is largely a twin headlight version of the original XS. The 'non beak' version (we're calling it the 'Phoenix twin', because it was the first item to emerge from us after our workshop fire in Oct !! ), will be in production from next week and this one a couple of weeks later.

As indicated before, all three share the same screens and Carbon dash options and will come in all the KLR OEM colours plus white.

Ian B screwed with this post 12-20-2010 at 04:54 PM
Old 04-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #139
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

More angles

Old 04-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #140
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

And here's a reminder of the other one

Old 04-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #141
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

And the original XS

Old 04-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #142
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,052
BRAVO!

Price on the daul XS? I'm shopping for a KLR right now and will be adding the dual XS into my purchase price

The KLR is no longer an ugly duckling
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #143
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
I think KLRs are ugly, all the add on fairings are ugly, and I know I'm ugly, so what the hell? If it works I'll eventually have to have it.

One recommendation? make the fender seperately replaceable from the fairing. If I broke a fender (and I will), and had to replace the whole shebang I would'nt do it. I would just put the stocker back on.

Someone posted at the front of this thread a pic of the Tengai, and asked when replica Tengai plastic would be offered. Now THAT I would buy in an instant! The Tengai is by far the only good looking KLR. In fact, I think the Tengai looks better than a KLR or BMW. I never liked the color schemes, but the plastic looks cool. And it looks functional, although I've never ridden one. Are there any Tengai owners around who can attest to the functionality?
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #144
JAFO
displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer: 3,974
+1 on the Tengai. Been looking for aftermarket plastics that look like that...
JAFO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #145
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
BRAVO!

Price on the daul XS? I'm shopping for a KLR right now and will be adding the dual XS into my purchase price

The KLR is no longer an ugly duckling
Thanks ! The twin XS is $470 and the Phoenix twin (beakless) is $420

Both come complete and ready to go in all the OEM colours + white, with the lights fitted and a plug and play wiring loom that also has two extra fused terminals in the fairing for other 'accessories'.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #146
Scoddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Sweeeeet

That's some fine work there, guys! I've been hoping for something like this, and more so for something like this that falls into a KLR inspired budget--so I'll be waiting to hear about pricing. So....turn signals? Where they be? The inner fender I see--necessary? Included?
Congratulations on coming through with a cool product that people are excited about!

-Scott-
Scoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #147
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas
I think KLRs are ugly, all the add on fairings are ugly, and I know I'm ugly, so what the hell? If it works I'll eventually have to have it.

One recommendation? make the fender seperately replaceable from the fairing. If I broke a fender (and I will), and had to replace the whole shebang I would'nt do it. I would just put the stocker back on.

Someone posted at the front of this thread a pic of the Tengai, and asked when replica Tengai plastic would be offered. Now THAT I would buy in an instant! The Tengai is by far the only good looking KLR. In fact, I think the Tengai looks better than a KLR or BMW. I never liked the color schemes, but the plastic looks cool. And it looks functional, although I've never ridden one. Are there any Tengai owners around who can attest to the functionality?
We did consider splitting the molds to enable replaceability, but the structure changes and we felt it might get too heavy. As it stands, all three fairings weigh less than the OEM parts they replace.So,we then decided to produce the Phoenix (beakless one), which retains your OEM fender. Although it's largely a styling choice, I guess we felt that solved the split part issue and it's cheaper.

Incidently, although we have never had to supply one yet, the cost of a replacement fairing without lights , screen and hardware would be less than half the cost of a new one.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #148
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoddy
That's some fine work there, guys! I've been hoping for something like this, and more so for something like this that falls into a KLR inspired budget--so I'll be waiting to hear about pricing. So....turn signals? Where they be? The inner fender I see--necessary? Included?
Congratulations on coming through with a cool product that people are excited about!

-Scott-
Thanks Scott ! You're right, the indicators arn't on either one in the pictures. They attach at the 'waist', in virtually the same place as the OEM fairing. Holes are predrilled to take either the OEM indicators or aftermarket.

Inner fender is included on the twin XS and obviously not necessary on the Phoenix (beakless one)
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #149
boxorox
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
ummm... Where do i get in line for the Phoenix twin? That is sweet and I've got a set of USD style forks for my KLR waiting for me to figgure out how to nicely mount Inserments and lighting (was planning to go the buell ulysses route)

Any word yet on weather the accessory fuse panel will be included? If so how many spare slots? Also does it mount up to the stock brackets on the stear tube?

I can't wait! Keep up the good work!!
boxorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #150
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Now that the parts are in production, we'll move this over to Vendors.

Great work, Ian!!

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote