Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #676
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc mad View Post
please excuse my horrendous photoshop skills but i had to see what it'd look like

Alot more like a rally bike IMHO!! Paint the black parts red to match!
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #677
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Oddometer: 1,379
Shame i can't afford the fairing at the moment, I think it looks good with the shopped lights in there, it'd look even better if the lights were at the right angle

hey ian, do you have a front on shot of the fairing, would be easier to add the lights to it
Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #678
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Shame i can't afford the fairing at the moment, I think it looks good with the shopped lights in there, it'd look even better if the lights were at the right angle

hey ian, do you have a front on shot of the fairing, would be easier to add the lights to it
Your wish is my command, but I'll have to get hold of the bike again to get one. Now you guys are just trying to show me up !! (and doing very well at it !) Excuse my ignorance, but is a dual light setup available for this bike ?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #679
mootsuno
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Your wish is my command, but I'll have to get hold of the bike again to get one. Now you guys are just trying to show me up !! (and doing very well at it !) Excuse my ignorance, but is a dual light setup available for this bike ?
Touratech has them.

Over $800 for the dual spark bikes
and over $400 for the single spark models.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...0GS-2-Spark-05
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #680
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Quote:
yep, i have the tt light setup on my bike, was very spendy when i bought it (its currently around 600 / $1000 here, damn you guys in the states are getting a deal on that light ) but i'd just won some money on the lottery so it didn't matter so much, It's a good unit but i would not buy one out of my own hard earn cash as it's way to expensive for what it is. Perhaps you could design a twin light unit for the 650 ian, should not be too hard and it'd be cheaper than from touratech, a fair few people would be interested in those i'd think.

Not trying to show you up , honest. I'm pretty sure i'll be buying one of the fairings later in the year and just wanted to get a better idea of how it'd look with the twin lights. Next time take pics from every possible angle
Old 02-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #681
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
yep, i have the tt light setup on my bike, was very spendy when i bought it (its currently around 600 / $1000 here, damn you guys in the states are getting a deal on that light ) but i'd just won some money on the lottery so it didn't matter so much, It's a good unit but i would not buy one out of my own hard earn cash as it's way to expensive for what it is. Perhaps you could design a twin light unit for the 650 ian, should not be too hard and it'd be cheaper than from touratech, a fair few people would be interested in those i'd think.

Not trying to show you up , honest. I'm pretty sure i'll be buying one of the fairings later in the year and just wanted to get a better idea of how it'd look with the twin lights. Next time take pics from every possible angle
Yep, considering nearly all our units have twin headlights, I don't really know why it didn't occur to me at the outset. Your quite right though, A twin headlight fairing would be around $500-$550 ( +$170 for HID) and nowhere near the TT cost although it would almost certainly mean replacing the stock instruments, but it doesn't sound like too many guys would be bothered by that.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #682
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootsuno View Post
Touratech has them.

Over $800 for the dual spark bikes
and over $400 for the single spark models.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...0GS-2-Spark-05
That thing draws 115 watts with an HID? They claim the HID draws more power than the halogen and the whole unit uses up most of the bikes available power.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #683
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder View Post
That thing draws 115 watts with an HID? They claim the HID draws more power than the halogen and the whole unit uses up most of the bikes available power.
Nah, touratech usa are talking out of their arse on that one, the high beam hid is a 35 watt unit, might take 90 on startup but it drops down to 35 when running. I've had 4 35watt hid lights burning on my dakar at the same time with no running or charging issues at all. Total draw with all 4 burning is 140 watts, the dakar alternator is a 400 watt unit (with abs) so there's plenty of power left to run the bike.

Quote:
Yep, considering nearly all our units have twin headlights, I don't really know why it didn't occur to me at the outset. Your quite right though, A twin headlight fairing would be around $500-$550 ( +$170 for HID) and nowhere near the TT cost although it would almost certainly mean replacing the stock instruments, but it doesn't sound like too many guys would be bothered by that.
I reckon you could make a unit to just replace the stock headlight unit itself. It's only held in place by three pop in studs that also serve as the aim adjustment.

pic from the tt installation manual

The arrows are pointing to the mounting studs on the oem light, touratech use the same mounting system for their light. I think you could also use the same mounting system for your unit.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #684
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,804
Quote:
it would almost certainly mean replacing the stock instruments, but it doesn't sound like too many guys would be bothered by that.
I think you're right. At least when it comes to the riders on these forums.

Maybe you could team up with Trailtech and sell a fairing, twin headlight and Trailtech Vapor computer kit

I know my Touratech computer tops the OEM instruments in every way (even if you have to send it to Germany to replace the battery....)

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 AM   #685
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
Nah, touratech usa are talking out of their arse on that one, the high beam hid is a 35 watt unit, might take 90 on startup but it drops down to 35 when running. I've had 4 35watt hid lights burning on my dakar at the same time with no running or charging issues at all. Total draw with all 4 burning is 140 watts, the dakar alternator is a 400 watt unit (with abs) so there's plenty of power left to run the bike.

I reckon you could make a unit to just replace the stock headlight unit itself. It's only held in place by three pop in studs that also serve as the aim adjustment.

pic from the tt installation manual

The arrows are pointing to the mounting studs on the oem light, touratech use the same mounting system for their light. I think you could also use the same mounting system for your unit.
That headlight is the 2005-up one yeah ?

Think my earlier one is more rounded. I know the TT one for the early models is different at least. A buddy of mine bought a pair early on and had to go back to stock now after about 7-8 years because they were all rusted and worn out.

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 02-05-2011, 04:48 AM   #686
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

yup, it's the 2005 and up model, uses the 'delux' version hella micro de's on a ally backplate, been on the bike for about 4 years with no noticable corrosion issues and i ride pretty much all year round. Shame your buddy had to go back to stock, who makes the lights in the early models? the hellas are magnesium bodies so they are still in great shape as is the ally backplate.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #687
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
yup, it's the 2005 and up model, uses the 'delux' version hella micro de's on a ally backplate, been on the bike for about 4 years with no noticable corrosion issues and i ride pretty much all year round. Shame your buddy had to go back to stock, who makes the lights in the early models? the hellas are magnesium bodies so they are still in great shape as is the ally backplate.
His was this in the picture below. Design's no good when you need silver stickers to keep it from melting....(he tried and it did). Doesn't say who made them for TT. They're only halogen projectors and they're going for about NOK4000 over here now (US$650). The newer ones for 2005- are NOK8500 (US$1400).

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 02-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #688
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
I think you're right. At least when it comes to the riders on these forums.

Maybe you could team up with Trailtech and sell a fairing, twin headlight and Trailtech Vapor computer kit

I know my Touratech computer tops the OEM instruments in every way (even if you have to send it to Germany to replace the battery....)

Not a bad idea. We must have already indirectly sold a lot of Vapors to DR650 guys who fit the Lynx

Ian
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #689
Alex4218
n00b

Oddometer: 3
09 KLX 250S Fairing

Hello Ian,

I have visited your website and really like the look of the Lynx Fairing. However I own a 2009 KLX 250S, recently upgraded to a 350. I'd love to install the Lynx Fairing onto my bike. Have you ever had a customer with a similar request? Any information you can provide would be great. Thanks.
Alex4218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #690
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex4218 View Post
Hello Ian,

I have visited your website and really like the look of the Lynx Fairing. However I own a 2009 KLX 250S, recently upgraded to a 350. I'd love to install the Lynx Fairing onto my bike. Have you ever had a customer with a similar request? Any information you can provide would be great. Thanks.
There have been a few fitted to the KLX and here's a pic of one of them. I can't recall exactly which kit we used for this, so you will need to contact us via our site and we can sort out which one fits best. We had to get this one painted green, because we can't actually mold this colour to a close enough match. Looks pretty cool though !
Attached Images