User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #721
jaywoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
DR650 Lynx

Here’s the layout I did for my DR650 with Lynx HID. With just a few rides under the belt, I'm very happy. With all of my kilometres done on country roads, the HID is chalk & cheese compared to the standard DR650 head light. That alone, for me, is worth the cost of the unit.
From left to right; Grip heater switch, Trail Tech Vapor and original neutral, indicator & high beam status indicators.

jaywoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #722
Propfrwrd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Well done!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #723
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywoo View Post
Here’s the layout I did for my DR650 with Lynx HID. With just a few rides under the belt, I'm very happy. With all of my kilometres done on country roads, the HID is chalk & cheese compared to the standard DR650 head light. That alone, for me, is worth the cost of the unit.
From left to right; Grip heater switch, Trail Tech Vapor and original neutral, indicator & high beam status indicators.

That's a really neat instal . It's not easy getting all that stuff in behind the dash and you've left yourself plenty of room for a GPS if required,

Ian
Old 12-01-2011, 02:19 AM   #724
urbangypsie
KLR Hobo

Oddometer: 24
I just got mine in the post on the weekend and love it! The install was pretty easy. I didn't have a hacksaw to cut the headlight frame down, so i just bent it back with a crowbar. It took some time because that also bent the dash support holes back too, but I eventually found a compromising spot. The twin lights look so cool and are incredibly bright compared to the rubbish stock bulb. I also love the rally style tall dash. My project over the next few days is to paint the bike. (I seem to try something new every year) I can't wait to take her for a spin in the new year!
Attached Images

2002 KLR 650
1977 CB750K
1990 KLR 650

Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand~2006
Canada-Panama~2009
urbangypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:20 AM   #725
urbangypsie
KLR Hobo

Oddometer: 24
And the dash
Attached Images

2002 KLR 650
1977 CB750K
1990 KLR 650

Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand~2006
Canada-Panama~2009
urbangypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #726
DragoSapien
RAD

Oddometer: 88
Anyone know about there website, or are these farings still being made.
DragoSapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #727
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoSapien View Post
Anyone know about there website, or are these farings still being made.
The KLR fairings are still being made, but will discontinue before the spring. All backup parts will still be available beyond that.

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/i...d=57&Itemid=56
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #728
tim007
Banned

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
The KLR fairings are still being made, but will discontinue before the spring. All backup parts will still be available beyond that.

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/i...d=57&Itemid=56
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

what about the other fairings ???
tim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #729
wheatwhacker
It's raining here

Oddometer: 2,864
I got one of these fairings for my KLR 650 a few months ago. It has transformed the bike completely.
Installation was reasonably easy and the supplied wiring harness made the wiring very easy.
I have ridden the bike down to central America and have never enjoyed riding the bike as much as I have since the installation of this fairing.
Everybody I meet is admiring the bike, not a common thing for a KLR :)
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #730
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim007 View Post
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

what about the other fairings ???
Sorry, I need to clarify things and we are DEFINITELY still making fairings !!

The long running XST ( with the beak) is changing to 'special order' status and will discontinue as an 'off the shelf' item. The reason for this is that it continues to cause excessive stress to the KLR's weak headlight frame and so we will only be offering it where someone is doing a major re-build and making up their own headlight frame and dash and replacing the OEM instruments etc. We are doing such a build for a guy in the Netherlands who is fitting one to a KLX 650 ( major project !)

The Phoenix will continue and frankly is both better and cheaper to fit straight onto the standard A model. So the KLR is certainly not forgotten !

Other news is that we have a new Mirage 3 fairing nearly ready for the 1200 GS BMW's, which resembles the Mirage 2 for the 650/800, but with some new improvements including a carbon finish dashboard. Should be available in Feb.

Many thans to everybody for their ongoing support and interest and wishing you all a very happy Xmas and successful New Year !

Cheers

Ian
Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #731
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Other news is that we have a new Mirage 3 fairing nearly ready for the 1200 GS BMW's, which resembles the Mirage 2 for the 650/800, but with some new improvements including a carbon finish dashboard. Should be available in Feb.
can't wait to see it
Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #732
rc mad
Physycotic gecko

Oddometer: 1,384
hey Ian, did you ever reconsider doing anything for the single bmw f650's?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #733
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc mad View Post
hey Ian, did you ever reconsider doing anything for the single bmw f650's?
Yes, I've thought about a 're-worked' Lynx for the single, but wanted to inspect the new 'Dakar' ( or whatever they call it) from BMW to see if there is enough commonality in forks/triple clamps and front fender to design one to fit both the older and newer models.

It's next on the list once the Mirage 3 is up and running,
Old 12-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #734
tim007
Banned

Oddometer: 470
hey there i have a dr350 and i am thinking i want to get this for my dr350.. now that said the stock light was attached to the forks and turned the light.. if i were to get one of these fabulous products should i try to mount it to where it stays stationary when the handle bars are turned ( like a klr) or should i mount it like the stocker somehow where it turns with the forks??????

thoughts and concerns ??? feel free to p.m. me the answer if you wish as im not always in the vendors thread
tim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #735
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim007 View Post
hey there i have a dr350 and i am thinking i want to get this for my dr350.. now that said the stock light was attached to the forks and turned the light.. if i were to get one of these fabulous products should i try to mount it to where it stays stationary when the handle bars are turned ( like a klr) or should i mount it like the stocker somehow where it turns with the forks??????

thoughts and concerns ??? feel free to p.m. me the answer if you wish as im not always in the vendors thread
The Lynx works well:

But - you either need to swap your upper tripletree to one with bolt-in risers, or make an adapter/mount as I did:

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote