User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #886
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
Happy to hear the results...

Great to hear of your findings Ian... look forward to hearing more progress on the Lynx LED upgrades in the coming months.

Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #887
MtnRider2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Ian thank you so very much for taking the time in testing and writing that out. I would offer my KLR services but I lack the 90+ MPH through the woods at night I do know that eventually I will end up with one of your setups on my KLR just a matter of when......if find the funds

Thank you again for illuminating the ADV way

Sam
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #888
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
Ian thank you so very much for taking the time in testing and writing that out. I would offer my KLR services but I lack the 90+ MPH through the woods at night I do know that eventually I will end up with one of your setups on my KLR just a matter of when......if find the funds

Thank you again for illuminating the ADV way

Sam
Yes, were my thoughts as well !! BTW, if you ride the 'newer' model KLR, we've got something nice and new coming up in the new year
Old 12-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #889
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

Oddometer: 385
Anyone fit a Lynx or something else to a KTM 525 EXC?
Graniteone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #890
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteone View Post
Anyone fit a Lynx or something else to a KTM 525 EXC?
Yep, there's quite a few 525 EXC's with Lynx fairings out there The 690 Lynx kit fit's straight on. However, the main issue is lack of electrical power. It's not so much the overall output, but the feed to the OEM light needs to be converted from A/C power to DC as is the case now on the newer 500 EXC (which the Lynx 690 kit also fits). Twin HID's are a must for the low power draw.

Cheers Ian
Old 12-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #891
MtnRider2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Yes, were my thoughts as well !! BTW, if you ride the 'newer' model KLR, we've got something nice and new coming up in the new year
No unfortunately I'm slower than even the new bike....but does having two '05's count?
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #892
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,268
Wow didn't think I would find a thread like this here. Awesome.

similar to MtnRider2, I also have a Gen I KLR and am looking to upgrade to a fairing from Britannia. Finances are definitely my biggest struggle as I'm trying to upgrade other parts as well this winter. Only had the bike since June.

Also, my buddy has the lynx on his DR650 and loves it. To be honest, im pretty jealous. Haha. He recently cracked the lens when he took a spill a few weeks back and hasn't found a replacement. Do you have an email or phone number i could pass along to him??

Thanks
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #893
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinroach View Post
Wow didn't think I would find a thread like this here. Awesome.

similar to MtnRider2, I also have a Gen I KLR and am looking to upgrade to a fairing from Britannia. Finances are definitely my biggest struggle as I'm trying to upgrade other parts as well this winter. Only had the bike since June.

Also, my buddy has the lynx on his DR650 and loves it. To be honest, im pretty jealous. Haha. He recently cracked the lens when he took a spill a few weeks back and hasn't found a replacement. Do you have an email or phone number i could pass along to him??

Thanks
Glad you find the thread informative, I've been amazed how many emails have poured in regarding the lighting and the new KLR 'E' model fairing.

As for the older model KLR, it looks like this coming year will be the last for the existing Phoenix fairing, although we do plan a Lynx kit for the older model and the new one, for those who may want to 'minimalize' the front end of their KLR.

All of the component parts of the Lynx are available as replacement for your mate.

Email me anytime : britanniacomposites@shaw.ca
Old 12-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #894
gwhis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Question Gray DR650

Do you offer a color match Lynx for the gray DR650 ?
DR650 DRZ
gwhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #895
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhis View Post
Do you offer a color match Lynx for the gray DR650 ?
Never thought about doing that and it really depends on whether we can match it in our gelcoats. For example, we used to be able to match the gelcoat to the Yellow, but unfortunately the piment was discontinued Is the gray a '13 model colour ? If so, I have to go to a Suzuki dealer tomorrow, so i'll check it out. It would certainly look good if we can

I'll report back

Ian
Old 12-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #896
gwhis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Gray 13 DR650

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:
Never thought about doing that and it really depends on whether we can match it in our gelcoats. For example, we used to be able to match the gelcoat to the Yellow, but unfortunately the piment was discontinued Is the gray a '13 model colour ? If so, I have to go to a Suzuki dealer tomorrow, so i'll check it out. It would certainly look good if we can

I'll report back

Ian
Yea, I have a 2013. Thanks for checking into this for me. If you need something that color, I took the stock hand-guards off and can send them to you. I have a gray Acerbis tank and want to keep with the gray color scheme as much as possible.
DR650 DRZ
gwhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #897
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhis View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Yea, I have a 2013. Thanks for checking into this for me. If you need something that color, I took the stock hand-guards off and can send them to you. I have a gray Acerbis tank and want to keep with the gray color scheme as much as possible.
I hear you and I agree it would look much better matched. We'll have no problem matching that. I'll check out our local place and hopefully grab a panel to match it and if so, we'll have it matched by the end of the weekend.

So, you can take it as a 'Yes' and thanks for offering a hand guard if we can't find a panel locally.

If you are thinking of getting a Lynx ordered before the end of our promotion ( 31st) just email me britanniacomposites@shaw.ca and I can handle the order manually.

Cheers
Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #898
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
This sounds interesting.
I am looking forward to seeing it.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:51 AM   #899
HuskyMike
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Ian, do you have anything for the Husqvarna Terra 650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HuskyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #900
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
I hear you and I agree it would look much better matched. We'll have no problem matching that. I'll check out our local place and hopefully grab a panel to match it and if so, we'll have it matched by the end of the weekend.

So, you can take it as a 'Yes' and thanks for offering a hand guard if we can't find a panel locally.

If you are thinking of getting a Lynx ordered before the end of our promotion ( 31st) just email me britanniacomposites@shaw.ca and I can handle the order manually.

Cheers
I can now confirm that the DR650 'Gray' has now been matched and will be a colour option from now on

Ian