Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #901
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMike View Post
Hi Ian, do you have anything for the Husqvarna Terra 650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never managed to get hold of one to look closely at what's needed, but I'm working on it right now with someone who is looking for one also and we're flicking photos back and forth. Doesn't look like it will be a problem once I've identified the parts needed for the kit, although it's possible that the front fender is best replaced with a 630 one to save hacking the OEM about too much.

Cheers Ian
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #902
Reeksy
high state of hiatus

Oddometer: 844
Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere ... but it's quite a big thread

Is it possible to get the fairing for a WR250R without the windshield?

Cheers

Reeksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #903
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,623
It will probably look better with something covering the base fairing, when my windshield broke long ago, I cut the bottom of a black plastic dish drainer ($8) and mounted that on the fairing, you could cut your plastic piece down to where it didn't extend over the top of the fairing.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #904
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeksy View Post
Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere ... but it's quite a big thread

Is it possible to get the fairing for a WR250R without the windshield?

Cheers
Yep, a few guys have ordered them without screens and no slots cut in the fairing. It's actually surprising how much wind protection you get with just the fairing. If you wanted to order one this way, then you can just add a note in the 'comments' box on the order page, or just email me separately. Saves $40 of the fairing price.

Cheers Ian
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #905
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,041
Anyone combine a lynx fairing with highway dirt bike gear's over size top clamp that has the endurance computer and billet holder?

It's there enough room?

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk
rickypanecatyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #906
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Anyone combine a lynx fairing with highway dirt bike gear's over size top clamp that has the endurance computer and billet holder?

It's there enough room?

It will probably depend on the height of your bar risers. If you can email me with the height of your bar risers and which bike it is, I can let you know if the fit will be OK.

Ian britanniacomposites@shaw.ca
Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #907
Wadester
Rides a dirty bike

Oddometer: 1,800
Quote:

It's there enough room?

Here's a reference for you - DR350S with original instruments relocated to Lynx dash:

I did have to use a set of riser/setback/adapter blocks. And I wound up needing to clearance the corners of the HWDB clamp-bar blocks to remove some interference.

This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic. (Originally Posted by Human Ills, 7/1/14)
Wadester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #908
dionbilt
energetic beginner

Oddometer: 202
I see a couple of KTM's in here, does anybody have any pictures or info on mounting one to a 01-07 KTM EXC? love the look of this product, reminds me of the 640 Aventures
dionbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #909
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionbilt View Post
I see a couple of KTM's in here, does anybody have any pictures or info on mounting one to a 01-07 KTM EXC? love the look of this product, reminds me of the 640 Aventures
Yes, there have been a number of Lynx's fitted to the EXC's of that vintage and the current KTM 690 Lynx kit fits straight on. HOWEVER, the big issue is both stator power and that the OEM headlight circuit is AC, not DC. It's just about possible to run the Lynx HID's with the existing stator, but the OEM light circuit needs to be switched to DC to 'trigger' the Lynx wiring harness's relays. All in all, the bikes need a staor upgrade to run the Lynx really ( and any other decent lights for that matter )

Cheers Ian
Old 02-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #910
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

New KTM 950/990 fairing

After many hours of work and investigation into lighting, here is our latest offering for the KTM 950/990 Adventures called the Voodoo.

]

This is a complete change from our previous offerings and in particular, the change to a different headlight combo. It features a 50w HID 60mm Hella projector low beam paired to the very powerful Baja Designs Squadron LED as the high beam. It's a very powerful pairing, way in advance of our existing models and with the low beam remaining on when the Hi is switched as with all our models.

The fairing incorporates our usual sliding screen system, so Hi speed highway riding is completely transformed, perhaps more so than any other fairing we have done, given this iconic bike's hi speed capability. Slid down, the fairing height is a touch lower than the stock screen it replaces. Not shown ( because we haven't got it yet !) is a GPS platform mounted on the inside of the fairing above the stock instruments, which can also accommodate additional switching etc.

The unit will come complete with everything needed for an easy install, a choice of clear or tinted screen and priced at $850 USD, it be available at the end of the month.

This fairing is the first of a number of different versions starting with one for the newer model KLR, which will be available in a months time but will feature lower spec lighting and a lower cost.

Although not new as such, there is now a Lynx kit for the SE950 KTM and here are the two of them together

Cheers Ian
Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #911
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,778
For the KLR,will the lower spec lighting be much better than the factory reflector housings?
I ask because the 2008 and up reflector housings are pretty darn good,especially for a bike that size and really good after installing a HID kit into the factory housings.
I wonder if it wouldn't be a good option to offer a kit with just the adjustable windshield setup that works with the factory light housing ? Or both ways.Either way it's nice to see options for the newer KLR.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #912
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,622
Quote:

It's there enough room?

I'm using Ian's Lynx , a set of DRZ Forks, Fat bars in a 2" Rox riser, under Paul's (HDB's) Vapor billet holder top clamp and hand guards.
No fitment issues at all and everything works A+++.

Sorry for the poor pictures... I found a couple kinda showing things from my last ride report. I still need to find the close ups of my setup, I've misplaced them somewhere on SmugMug.

Maybe you can zoom in on these?...

Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #913
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
For the KLR,will the lower spec lighting be much better than the factory reflector housings?
I ask because the 2008 and up reflector housings are pretty darn good,especially for a bike that size and really good after installing a HID kit into the factory housings.
I wonder if it wouldn't be a good option to offer a kit with just the adjustable windshield setup that works with the factory light housing ? Or both ways.Either way it's nice to see options for the newer KLR.
We obviously have the KLR here and maybe I'm spoiled, but I would go as far as to say the lights are 'adaquate' and certainly better than the older model. The lights planned for the KLR version will be slightly more powerful, but much better focused than the OEM unit. We did play around with the idea of a screen only system, but frankly, it still looked like a street bike and we would lose the benefit of the shared parts with the KTM fairing, so there would probably only be $100 difference between a unit without new lighting and a unit built around the existing lights. I know looks are not generally at the forefront with the KLR, but when they are side by side, the new fairing will make it look like an adventure bike whereas the OEM looks like a street bike with a high fender.

Anyway, there will be more on this over the next few weeks and I also forgot to mention that there will also be a Lynx kit for the KLR as well, for those wanting the front end stripped off altogether for the 'minimalist ' approach.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #914
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,622
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
We obviously have the KLR here and maybe I'm spoiled, but I would go as far as to say the lights are 'adaquate' and certainly better than the older model. The lights planned for the KLR version will be slightly more powerful, but much better focused than the OEM unit. We did play around with the idea of a screen only system, but frankly, it still looked like a street bike and we would lose the benefit of the shared parts with the KTM fairing, so there would probably only be $100 difference between a unit without new lighting and a unit built around the existing lights. I know looks are not generally at the forefront with the KLR, but when they are side by side, the new fairing will make it look like an adventure bike whereas the OEM looks like a street bike with a high fender.

Anyway, there will be more on this over the next few weeks and I also forgot to mention that there will also be a Lynx kit for the KLR as well, for those wanting the front end stripped off altogether for the 'minimalist ' approach.
I'll have to post this info up over on KLRWorld as soon as you have things all ironed out. I'm sure a few would be excited to switch over. There are three of us within 200mi here sporting Britannia fairings.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM   #915
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post

This is good to hear.Down the line sometime I may go this stripped down route(Lynx) on my 2008,But right now I am mostly touring on it so I like the fairing.
Im looking forward to seeing the new products soon.
You are doing a great job on your products by the way,and Jettin Jims bike is representing your Lynx very well.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote