User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #931
kurahousu
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello

Has anybody fitted any rally gear with lynx fairing? Is there enough room for roadbook holder, odometer(e.g. ICO Rally VR). If someone has fitted these things please post some pics! :)
kurahousu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #932
Muramasa57
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Jim,
The screen is an MRA X-Creen Sport that I bought from twisted throttle. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride with it yet as I bought it right before it started snowing. It is a clip on so you can take it off in the woods if you want, if you feel more confident with a drill you can bolt it on as well. Twisted throttle has some videos on their site showing how it adjusts if that would help you out more.
Muramasa57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #933
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muramasa57 View Post
Jim,
The screen is an MRA X-Creen Sport that I bought from twisted throttle. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride with it yet as I bought it right before it started snowing. It is a clip on so you can take it off in the woods if you want, if you feel more confident with a drill you can bolt it on as well. Twisted throttle has some videos on their site showing how it adjusts if that would help you out more.
That looks like a neat extension for the taller guys. I'm not sure when you got your Lynx, but the screen height was increased by 2" last October as standard.

Cheers Ian
Old 02-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #934
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurahousu View Post
Hello

Has anybody fitted any rally gear with lynx fairing? Is there enough room for roadbook holder, odometer(e.g. ICO Rally VR). If someone has fitted these things please post some pics! :)
I'd be interested to see if someone has done this also. The dash is ABS plastic, and I'm not sure I'd trust it to hold a large road book in race conditions. It holds a GPS and instrument cluster ok, but much more than that might be pushing it.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #935
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurahousu View Post
Hello

The Lynx has been fitted with Rally instruments before and it is certainly strong enough. I don't have photos, but can give you the dimensions of the face of the dash : 9" top to bottom of flat face, 7" wide at the top, 10" wide at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Ian B
Old 02-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #936
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muramasa57 View Post
Jim,
Thank you for the information, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
That looks like a neat extension for the taller guys. I'm not sure when you got your Lynx, but the screen height was increased by 2" last October as standard.

Cheers Ian
Hmmm that's really good to know! My screens are both from 2012, do you have the taller screen in smoke as well? And any additional width?

Thanx a lot,
Jim
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #937
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Thank you for the information, much appreciated!

Hmmm that's really good to know! My screens are both from 2012, do you have the taller screen in smoke as well? And any additional width?

Thanx a lot,
Jim
No wider, just taller. If you want more width ( and the same height as the new Lynx screen), the Mirage 2 screen fits and that's about 1 1/2" wider. The only downside is that more width means more vulnerability in a fall. All available tint or clear.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #938
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
No wider, just taller. If you want more width ( and the same height as the new Lynx screen), the Mirage 2 screen fits and that's about 1 1/2" wider. The only downside is that more width means more vulnerability in a fall. All available tint or clear.
Great info... Thank you! I will measure my screen and email you about options. How long has this Mirage 2 been in your arsenal? Perhaps that's the screen I got from you the last time around. I will go measure it now.

Thanx again,
Jim
Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #939
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,047
Ian I need a complete motorcycle dash makeover!

I'm the one that asked recently about combining the Lynx with the bigger Highway Dirt Bikes top clamp/vapor computer.

Here's my present "dash:"

And another night time shot with my broken odometer:

So at the present time, my lighting sucks (you can see the remainder of the messes of the myriads of things I've tried), my digital gauge is broken, my top clamps don't really match the bottom clamps, I've got headlight wires and buttons everywhere, my key is hard to get to and I really like to clean the whole mess up.

I'm open to other suggestions, but what I'm thinking now is:

1. Highway dirtbikes Top Clamp with
- vapor computer & their billet holder
- relocated ignition key (grind off original)
- switches to turn off head light and for auxiliary lighting
- 12 volt outlet

2. Lynx fairing with Hella 90mm Xenon Low beam + 90mm Xenon Hi-Lo headlamp.

So do you think that would be compatible Ian? Any better ideas? I suppose much of the stuff I wanted to mount to the Highway dirtbikes top clamp I could mount to the Lynx dash?
My first thought on that though was on my really hard rides in the jungle I'd probably take the dash off.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #940
rkappius
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
trouble with Lynx on 2014 690 Enduro

I've mounted up my new Lynx with HID on my sparkly new 690 Enduro R, but the HIDs won't stay on. The low beam fires, flickers for a few seconds and then goes out. High beam same deal.

Neat observation is that my ABS light is on now, but I haven't had a chance to ride it since I got it from the dealer a week ago. 27 total miles, stuck-on ABS light, non-functioning headlights.

Anybody have suggestions on what to check on the headlight front? Emails to Ian and the Brittania site have gone unanswered.
rkappius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #941
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkappius View Post
I've mounted up my new Lynx with HID on my sparkly new 690 Enduro R, but the HIDs won't stay on. The low beam fires, flickers for a few seconds and then goes out. High beam same deal.

Neat observation is that my ABS light is on now, but I haven't had a chance to ride it since I got it from the dealer a week ago. 27 total miles, stuck-on ABS light, non-functioning headlights.

Anybody have suggestions on what to check on the headlight front? Emails to Ian and the Brittania site have gone unanswered.
Hmmm he's must be away from his pc for a bit... always a quick response for me.
Something is crossed up in the wiring, will do some research and report back.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #942
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,643
HID ballasts have to be connected directly to the battery if I remember my install correctly.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #943
AustinJake
TE450-KLE-FXDWG

Oddometer: 3,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkappius View Post
Neat observation is that my ABS light is on now
Not that this is your problem but it might be related....

When I installed my HIDs, and then hit the High beam, the surge from the ballast to light up the high beam bulb would travel into my speedo to illuminate the blue, high beam indicator, and reset my tripometer, every time I hit the high beam. My solution was to disconnect the wire to the high beam indicator/speedo and the problem was solved.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #944
rkappius
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJake View Post
HID ballasts have to be connected directly to the battery if I remember my install correctly.
Been there done that. Carefully routed everything to the battery as instructed. At least the wiring harness supplied with the lynx was connected to the battery. The connections hit the relays first, then to the ballasts.

I thought I saw something in another post about AC vs. DC on a 690. Certainly nothing in the paperwork from Ian about it.

Just reaching out for answers. Supposed to be decent this weekend and I'd love to take my bike out. But right now it's regurgitating wires from the front. Very unsightly.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #945
rkappius
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post
Hmmm he's must be away from his pc for a bit... always a quick response for me.
Something is crossed up in the wiring, will do some research and report back.
Thats what I'm expecting too, Ian had been very responsive. But I contacted him first on Saturday about this and still no response. Probably away having fun.