ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #4351
SaDoW
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 79
2 questions please ....

First ... I am going to install a new Cam chain Tensioner How many newton it is recomended? 12nm ? 14nm ??


and second ...

in my Nx Dominator250 i dont have the plastik that goes around the flashers where can i find it ?


SaDoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #4352
Grestil
Doing it wrong
 
Grestil's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Saint Paul, Texas
Oddometer: 299
The torque value for the cam chain tensioner doesn't appear to be listed in my fsm. It seems to list every other bolt and nut with the exception of these 2 bolts. There is a link to the fsm on the first page of this thread. You may want to see for yourself as I may have missed something.

I would use a piece of weathersripping to replace the foam rubber above the dash. I found some at the local hardware store that had glue on one side. I intend to spray painted it black, peel off the backing and stuck it on. I have yet to install it but it it should fill the gap nicely and look nearly original.

I have no idea where you could get new plastic bits for the blinker mounts. Mine are missing as well. Watch ebay for them. They may be available from the dealer but reading this thread has left me with the impression that the plastic bits are no longer available.
__________________
'97 BMW F650ST
'82 XL500
'89 NX250

Grestil screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 07:22 PM
Grestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #4353
thirstybuck
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: NA
Oddometer: 80
NX250 parts

I do not have the original headlight for my NX and the cowl has had all of the tabs broken off of it from its tour as a back-woods bike. What ideas do you have or do you know of to replace the headlight and the cowl? I like the look of the africa twin/ax-1 if that helps. Does one of the online superstores have something that works with the side fairings?
Show me whatcha got.


TB


EDIT: I have been stalking ebay but I haven't found any headlights.
thirstybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #4354
larry31
Back Roads Explorer
 
larry31's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstybuck View Post
I do not have the original headlight for my NX and the cowl has had all of the tabs broken off of it from its tour as a back-woods bike. What ideas do you have or do you know of to replace the headlight and the cowl? I like the look of the africa twin/ax-1 if that helps. Does one of the online superstores have something that works with the side fairings?
Show me whatcha got.


TB


EDIT: I have been stalking ebay but I haven't found any headlights.
Do you still have most of the parts that have broken tab's etc.?
If you do, maybe you can repair them. Metal can be welded. You'd be surprised at the workmanship of some shops.
Then again, some of these guys are butchers. Check them out before handing your parts over.

I've been successful in repairing my headlight cowl.
http://powers31.info/tips_maint.htm (see last item on page.)

My brush guard was split pretty bad. I did a repair that came out quite good.
Just take your time and don’t rush through the job.

Local auto parts stores that supply auto body shops can be a good source of supplies and sometime help.

larry31 screwed with this post 07-31-2011 at 01:39 PM
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM   #4355
thirstybuck
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: NA
Oddometer: 80
L31,
The problem is more that I do not have the correct headlight and with the one I have the plastics will not come together properly. If I had a replacement headlight I could rebuild tabs and such w/epoxy and brackets but I have not been able to locate one. I contacted Zeph4x as he has one posted for sale on page 1 but I have not heard from him. So, I figured I would just go for another headlight setup altogether.

Does anyone know if the nx650 and the nx250 use the same headlight? I looked up the part number and the difference is the middle digits. A possibility?

33100-KW3-671 – NX250
33100-MN9-671 – NX650





Quote:
Originally Posted by larry31 View Post
Do you still have most of the parts that have broken tab's etc.?
If you do, maybe you can repair them. Metal can be welded. You'd be surprised at the workmanship of some shops.
[FONT=Helvetica]Then again, som
thirstybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #4356
larry31
Back Roads Explorer
 
larry31's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 253
NX parts

Thirstybuck

Suggestion: Try other years in your search. My 1989 and 1990 bikes appear to be identical.
I beleave the NX's were same from 1988-1989-1990 here in the States.
Only difference I can see is color and graphics. That can be corrected by having a shop custom mix paint for you, I had my local auto supply do that for me.
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #4357
TheRadBaron
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Oddometer: 431
Rear brake light switch

I'm in the process of getting my NX back into street legal condition. Does anyone have a spare rear brake light switch that I could buy? Thanks.
__________________
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. -Tacitus
TheRadBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #4358
Huck369
Huckster
 
Huck369's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Somerset, KY
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstybuck View Post
L31,
The problem is more that I do not have the correct headlight and with the one I have the plastics will not come together properly. If I had a replacement headlight I could rebuild tabs and such w/epoxy and brackets but I have not been able to locate one. I contacted Zeph4x as he has one posted for sale on page 1 but I have not heard from him. So, I figured I would just go for another headlight setup altogether.

Does anyone know if the nx650 and the nx250 use the same headlight? I looked up the part number and the difference is the middle digits. A possibility?

33100-KW3-671 – NX250
33100-MN9-671 – NX650
I think my parts bike has a good headlight, the mounting brackets are bent some, but could be straightened...
$50 if you want it...(plus shipping)
(let me know nd I'll go make sure it's good, and grab some pictures)

I don't have any good plastics though

Pal Pay works for me.
__________________
Huck
Street 04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2013 Honda NC700X
Dirt 05 Honda CRF230
Dirt/Street 08 Yamaha XT250
Huck369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #4359
Huck369
Huckster
 
Huck369's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Somerset, KY
Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadBaron View Post
I'm in the process of getting my NX back into street legal condition. Does anyone have a spare rear brake light switch that I could buy? Thanks.
I think they are pretty much standard on any Honda, if that helps
__________________
Huck
Street 04 Moto Guzzi Breva 750
2013 Honda NC700X
Dirt 05 Honda CRF230
Dirt/Street 08 Yamaha XT250
Huck369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #4360
valvecrusher OP
tractus pro pensio™
 
valvecrusher's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Dos Circlos
Oddometer: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRadBaron View Post
I'm in the process of getting my NX back into street legal condition. Does anyone have a spare rear brake light switch that I could buy? Thanks.
I'll check my spare parts, and let you know if i find one...i have a few boxes, that i'm not TOTALLY sure WHAT all is in there...

there might be one in there, there might not...
__________________
Honda NX250??
I prefer to ride, and when i do, it's 'un Equi

valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #4361
ravenranger
rave
 
ravenranger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: az
Oddometer: 1,515
I have both an NX250 and an NX650 and the headlights look identical. Don't know if the mounts are somehow different (have the cowls on) but, upon a cursory inspection, the shapes and sizes are the same.
__________________
1989 NX250
2006 ST1300A
2006 Aprilia Caponord
ravenranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #4362
firecat318
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 30
For those that have used GPS on their NX250's - how do you go about hooking up a 12 volt adapter to power the thing when you're riding? I have a standard 12 volt outlet with 2 wires leading out of it, but I've never wired anything before and have very little knowledge in the field of electricity. Is it okay to simply loop the wires around the battery terminals and tighten them down or do you have to hook the wires up somewhere else?
firecat318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #4363
ravenranger
rave
 
ravenranger's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: az
Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat318 View Post
For those that have used GPS on their NX250's - how do you go about hooking up a 12 volt adapter to power the thing when you're riding? I have a standard 12 volt outlet with 2 wires leading out of it, but I've never wired anything before and have very little knowledge in the field of electricity. Is it okay to simply loop the wires around the battery terminals and tighten them down or do you have to hook the wires up somewhere else?
I have one of these connected to my battery.

That's a battery tender ring terminal harness (http://batterytender.com/accessories...l-harness.html)

I then have a battery tender female cigarette adapter. (http://batterytender.com/accessories...e-adapter.html)

That allows me to plug and unplug the cigarette adapter at will and use the SAE connector on the battery tender ring terminal harness to charge the bike when needed. This also gives me a fused circuit.
__________________
1989 NX250
2006 ST1300A
2006 Aprilia Caponord
ravenranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #4364
larry31
Back Roads Explorer
 
larry31's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 253
Wireing a GPS

I would connect a relay from battery to a connector of your choice, through a fuse, to supply power to the GPS. ( Relay contact – to – connector. ) ( Other relay contact to fuse then to battery.)

Wire the relay coil to a switched wire on the bike. ( Any ignition switched wire should do.)
The other end of the relay coil can be connected to a good ground point on the bikes frame.

Here are a few links to my setup. May or may not be of help?
Maybe give you some ideas.

GPSMAP60CSx on a NX250
http://powers31.info/gpsmtg_GPSMAP60CSx.htm

GPS Nuvi750 on a GoldWing 1800
http://powers31.info/gpsmtg_nuvi750.htm

NX250 with a Nuvi 550
http://powers31.info/NX250_Instrumentation.htm
larry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #4365
firecat318
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 30
This is what I have purchased: http://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPPS-1...1M4JFQVHNKV9CV

Again, I have no experience wiring anything and simple words like relay, fuse, and circuit are difficult for me to understand. I would purchase that battery tender but I have already purchased this and don't want to waste it, although if it won't work I have no other choice.
firecat318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014