Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #5821
fikse
All-season-rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCR View Post
I am satisfied with the tire BT45
4 NX250 are with BT45
Nice. I have had several Bridgestones formerly (BT20, 21, 90 and more) and have been quite happy with them, though expensive. On the NX I use ContiTrailAttack in front, and a Pirelli Diablo Scooter rear. Front tyre is very good (but a bit too wide, 110/80), rear (130/80-16) is OK on dry but slippery when wet. At the moment I use studded Heidenau Snowtex / Silica winterreifen, now the winter with ice and snow is here
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #5822
scrambler66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
alternativ headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46 View Post
Howdy gents. Bad luck has befallen myself and my poor NX in the form of a deer at 60 MPH. I've fared decently with a concussion and sprained ankle.

The bike not as well.

This sucks . NX250 parts are extremely rare and thus expensive, even in Europe. But maybe now it’s time to get rid of the heavy and fragile headlight and get something more affordable and lighter, for instance from a Kawasaki KLX. The speedo fits exactly around the steering lock and it even has a tachymeter.

scrambler66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #5823
scrambler66
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCR View Post
Hello to all

I'm new

I live in Switzerland

Sorry I do not speak English, but I translate with Google

I have 4 NX 250

3 of my NX 250 I mounted a shock WILBERS

1 NX 250 HYPERPRO spring

I'm just the road

Front tire: BRIDGESTONE BT45 100/90/19 H

Rear tire: BRIDGESTONE BT45 130/90/16 H

Chain: DID 520 X-Ring

Gears: 16 X 43 (perfect for me)

I thank you for the information found on this forum
Hey, I though I`m the only NX250 collector around - at the time beeing, I got 4 of them, too:

NX250 in badly used condition (by me )
XL250 degree in mint condition
AX1 badly mistreated by previous owner
NX250 for spare parts

If German is one of your native languages, you may want to take a look at the German forum www.hondadominator.de – which has a nice NX250 subforum
Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #5824
valvecrusher OP
tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer: 1,711
Doesn't one of the old 80s/90s Honda CBR's use the NX headlamp glass assembly?

CBR600, or CBR1000 Hurricane?
Maybe it was the VTR 250, or the VFR 750?

seem to recall this odd fact coming up at some point in the past.......

I'm positive one of those(or a different one) old Hondas used the exact same glass assembly, same mounts etc..

but cannot verify which specific one at this time...
and my local Honda dealer closed a while back, so no 'behind the Honda parts counter' access, currently..

valvecrusher screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 05:43 PM
valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #5825
VWBajaRacer
n00b

Oddometer: 6
After much hacking, bloody knuckles and cussing i finally got that GSXR shock on the bike. and i must say it made a HUGE difference. i can actually jump the bike now. (on a negative side the dampening is still to soft for serious acrobatics, both rebound and compression) i had to hack the hell out of the air box (no worries it was bad already, was broken and sucking in air on the clean side of the filter, glad i caught it) ill post pictures soon. but now my dilemma is i cant for all hell figure out how to put a proper air filter on the bike. the reservoir of the shock wont let me run the filter backwards so i gotta go up. im thinking of getting a flexible air hose and run it up and over the reservoir to whats left of the air box and put a filter in there but i feel that the rubbing against the reservoir is gonna hole the tube. i cant put a straight to carb one either because i ain't got the space, straight from the carb it MUST go up to clear anything.
VWBajaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #5826
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,997
Dang be those deer, I lost a friend to one this year.
I am very glad you got out of that one in good shape.
Too bad the nixie really got dinged up.
I don't think I have any of the parts you are looking for unfortunately.

I may have a set of stock pegs though. I will look.
PM if you need em.
Also what front tire is that?

a big thanks to all for the the contributions to the thread lately
lots and lots great info
hats off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyowillys46 View Post
Howdy gents. Bad luck has befallen myself and my poor NX in the form of a deer at 60 MPH. I've fared decently with a concussion and sprained ankle.

The bike not as well. I'm looking for a headlight, front fender, rear taillight lens, and stock handlebar. Surprisingly found the a replacement left side cowl on Ebay. Any help would be great.
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #5827
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,085
That's a MEFO Explorer on the front wheel. Pretty happy with it. It's a pretty high mileage tire.

Quite a few folks have PMed me regarding parts. I'm very grateful. The right side peg looks to be repairable and I think the only part I'm out now may be the rear taillight lens. Since I have to replace the right side cowl, and BikeBandit is out of stickers, I'll probably end up reproing the stock "HONDA" and "NX250" stickers. Just in case anyone is interested.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #5828
ArthDuro
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,997
Ah yes the explorer thanks
Repros - I still probably have the honda files kicking around somewhere when I was printing my masks.
+ momento mori +
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #5829
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Would anyone here be interested in a complete CR85 front end already set up to bolt onto an NX250? Bearings, triple clamps, etc....all done and it works nicely.

I may be purchasing another NX and plan to part it out, just gauging interest.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #5830
fikse
All-season-rider

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
Would anyone here be interested in a complete CR85 front end already set up to bolt onto an NX250? Bearings, triple clamps, etc....all done and it works nicely.

I may be purchasing another NX and plan to part it out, just gauging interest.
Any hint regarding $$?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #5831
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
Ah yes the explorer thanks
Repros - I still probably have the honda files kicking around somewhere when I was printing my masks.
You've already got printable files for the stickers?
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #5832
audioworks04
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I am in need of a left side tank shroud due to my beloved nx being knocked over by a bear at the cabin we stayed at on our last trip to Colorado. Would prefer an blue 89, but any color would do. Also need a new set of decals if anyone has any on file or extras.
audioworks04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #5833
polarized
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 23
21" front wheel

I found a cheap 21" DID rim for the front I want to put on the nx but I'm not sure about the spokes...

Are they universal or are there honda specific ones out there?

I've never touched spokes before, is this something I should have someone else install who has some knowledge?
polarized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #5834
RollingJ
The mud in your eye

Oddometer: 234
21" front tire conversions are a little more difficult than swapping the rear for a 17", not withstanding lacing up a new rim and hub if you have never done it before. Add the price of the rim and the spokes and you may want to look at other options. Do NOT use Moose spokes. OEM or Buchanan spokes are the way to go, and it will be a custom job.

Let's think about tire clearance for just a minute. The 21" won't fit under the stock fender/forkbrace. I went with a supermoto fender mounted under the lower triple tree, which required removing the front brake crossover and fitting a SS braided brake line. I then had to have two inches added to the sides of the fork brace because the handling was horrid without it (my local welder did a great job for $20). On full compression the brace spreads the sides of the fender but the top does not smash into the triple. It's very close, though. I also added a 1" spacer to the top of the fork springs to preload the springs as they are super soft.

If you are still in, I have a 21" front wheel off of a 96xr250l I am parting that fits great. You will need a your old brake disc and bolts or a new one with new bolts. PM me if you are interested.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #5835
scrambler66
Gnarly Adventurer

21 '' conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingJ View Post

Let's think about tire clearance for just a minute. The 21" won't fit under the stock fender/forkbrace.

Depends on the tire dimension. 3.00-21 and 90/90-21 have a much wider diameter; some 2.75-21 and 80/90-21 may fit under the original fork brace. But I haven’t tried real knobby tires of this dimension

but I prefer to go with the 90/90-21 and without the fork brace – I never missed it, since once you get used to, you automatically compensate the twisting of the fork when braking hard. And I agree, it’s way too expensive to build a customized wheel since all front wheels from XL350/600, XR250 and from older XR600 (with 15mm axle) will fitt plugandplay – same 240mm brake disc. And some decent fork springs would always be a good idea, not only offroad

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=5298