Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #947
clickmaster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Man View Post
HI IM NEW
LET ME SHARE OUR RIDUNG ADVENTURES IN THE PHILIPPINES
This shot was taken on route to Mt. Pinatubo in Luzon.
One of the largest volcanic explosions for years.

Nice Iron dude!
clickmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #948
clickmaster
Adventurer

[QUOTE=Saboteur;18385174]Thank you for the warm welcome Sir Hercules. Nice to know that you've been to my town in Cervantes. That Tagudin to Cervantes Road is now all concrete. Really nice road if I may say. I just hope that the Tadian to Cervantes road, Tadian to Bauko road, and the infamous longest bridge will be completed soon so that the Cervantes to Sagada route would be a breeze.

For starters, here are some photos from my QC - Vigan - Cervantes - Baguio - QC ride last December...

My ride buddy Xavier

The views are absolutely stunning!
Thanks for sharing
Old 04-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #949
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotz View Post
Cool pics :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?msf0ti
Welcome to the Philippine Adventure thread Sotz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickmaster View Post
Nice Iron dude!

Weclome too clickmaster!

That was the picture of the late Arnold "Wildman" Aquino in a Mt. Pinatubo ride.

I am glad both of you found your way to this thread!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #950
clickmaster
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Welcome to the Philippine Adventure thread Sotz!

Weclome too clickmaster!

That was the picture of the late Arnold "Wildman" Aquino in a Mt. Pinatubo ride.

I am glad both of you found your way to this thread!
well, Im really glad I found this forum.
Thanks man!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #951
Jigo
Westbound

Oddometer: 76
Great scenes. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #952
clickmaster
Adventurer

[QUOTE=hondav2;18359082]

Hire bike from Kiwi and we were off to explore the Island

Old Church at Maria

We got lost and found this lovely place , 2 ladies washing cloths and there kids swimming in the river

Then we found the Cambughay Falls

We stopped at Coco Grove Resort for lunch , cheapest room 2,800p a night

Mackey the parrot

The service was excellent

Mango Shakes

Fish for sale on side of road

I just loved the luggage racks here

Driver forgot he had to go up a hill with this load on

Our ferry to Bohol

Ever had cattle class sleeping

More later[/QUOT

Nice ferry boat, soo clean but it looks small.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #953
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Wicked Bohol

Found these pics in a bar on Pungloa

These ladys were struggling to drink this rocket fuel so I decided to help them , cant remember leaving the bar .

New fast ferry to Cebu was No1

The CR even worked and had a seat , not many ferrys here like that.

Next post Bantayan Island
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #954
dunesnstars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Greetings from Virginia Beach!!

Mpowers (another ADV inmate) and I are planning on a trip to the Philippines mid-May. Our plan is to spend 3 days in Manila. Then visit some of the countryside on a 3-4 day motorcycle trip. After that fly to Palawan for another 4 days then back to Manila for the last 3 days before flying back to the States.

I was born in Manila and lived there until I was 12. But never have I visited outside of that area. I've been to Tagaytay, Baguio, and the many resorts within 3-4 hours of Manila.

Mpowers has never been there. We both enjoy riding motorcycles. So we thought it would be a great way for me to experience the Philippines first hand and for mpowers to have a pretty cool adventure!!

By the way, here's a picture of my custom Kawasaki 650r ninja that I converted to dual sport. His name is ENja and I love my bike!

Obviously, I will be leaving ENja in the states so we will need to rent an off road bike. Not a scooter but a KLR or equivalent.

If you had 3-4 days to spend touring around the countryside, what would your itinerary look like??? I trust you ADV gurus over there would have some excellent ideas.

Salamat po and really appreciate all your input!
The rush from riding on two wheels... priceless.
dunesnstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #955
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunesnstars View Post
Greetings from Virginia Beach!!

Mpowers (another ADV inmate) and I are planning on a trip to the Philippines mid-May. Our plan is to spend 3 days in Manila. Then visit some of the countryside on a 3-4 day motorcycle trip. After that fly to Palawan for another 4 days then back to Manila for the last 3 days before flying back to the States.

I was born in Manila and lived there until I was 12. But never have I visited outside of that area. I've been to Tagaytay, Baguio, and the many resorts within 3-4 hours of Manila.

Mpowers has never been there. We both enjoy riding motorcycles. So we thought it would be a great way for me to experience the Philippines first hand and for mpowers to have a pretty cool adventure!!

By the way, here's a picture of my custom Kawasaki 650r ninja that I converted to dual sport. His name is ENja and I love my bike!

Obviously, I will be leaving ENja in the states so we will need to rent an off road bike. Not a scooter but a KLR or equivalent.

If you had 3-4 days to spend touring around the countryside, what would your itinerary look like??? I trust you ADV gurus over there would have some excellent ideas.

Salamat po and really appreciate all your input!
Its a pity your time here is so short , you will go home and be planning your next trip back, Im based at Bantayan Island when here and my main transport is a mountain bike , keeps me reasonably fit and you see so many things that you would miss on a motorbike . Enjoy your time here .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #956
dunesnstars
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Its a pity your time here is so short , you will go home and be planning your next trip back, Im based at Bantayan Island when here and my main transport is a mountain bike , keeps me reasonably fit and you see so many things that you would miss on a motorbike . Enjoy your time here .
Yes it definitely a bummer. I checked out Bantayan Island. Wow, it's beautiful. Saw an amazing house that just sold for a great deal 6.5MM. Would have seriously considered jumping on that! Looking at pictures of the islands makes mpowers and I wonder why we live in the States!

Are you familiar with moto rental places that allow you to drop off somewhere else? And you might be partial but how do you feel about Palawan and Boracay? The more I've looked in to it, it's looking very commercialized and not to mention, overpriced.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #957
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 405
Dunesnstars,

Several of the contributors to this thread fit the category of ADV "guru" much better than I do but having vacationed and been on a few rides in the Philippines, I can offer a little information.

If you are planning to rent on Luzon, Nice-Bike in Angeles City is the only rental business I know of, at least for larger bikes. Roland, the owner has a large selection of bikes, including Honda Transalps and at least one Honda Dominator. I rented a nice Transalp for 10 days in late March of this year and the cost was under $30 US/day. Rented a Dominator last year but the Transalps are better all-around bikes.

I'm sure you will need to return the bikes to Angeles.

From Manila (Pasay City), you can catch either a 5-Star or Victory Liner bus to the Dau terminal at Angeles that is a 100p tricycle ride from Nice-Bike. The bus trip is approx. one and a half hours but barely costs more than the tricycle fare! From Angeles, virtually anyplace in central or northern Luzon is within reach within 3-4 days. If you haven't yet been to Sagada or Banaue, I highly recommend that region of Luzon for (very) twisty and scenic riding.

I believe that one of the contributors to this thread has a rental and tour business based in Dumaguete, on Negros Island. KLRs and smaller bikes are available there. I don't know what is available on Palawan so maybe someone else can help you with that query.

Small bikes are also available at Lapu-Lapu near the Cebu airport and on Bohol.

For your friend who has never been to the Philippines, riding there will be an eye-opening experience to say the least! My first trip there was at age 52 with only one and a half years' total riding experience and I survived a week of riding just fine, though, so it can be done! My advice...don't allow yourself to skimp on protective gear, just in case...

Terry
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #958
dunesnstars
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Terry, thanks for all the info! The reason why I suggested the Dumaguete to Cebu route on the moto is mainly due to the fact that I've never been in that part of the country (and my cousin suggested to start our 2-wheeled trip from there). Heading to Palawan (or another island) after the 3-4 day moto trip will be without a motorcycle. It will be purely for relaxation and a chance to be lazy for awhile.

We read up on the Northern Luzon trip via this forum. Mpowers suggested that route in fact. By the way, the friend is my husband and we have travelled some outside of the states. Hopefully we will fair as well as you have!! I wonder whether we should bring our rev-it gear and helmets from home? Seems bulky but I can't imagine putting on used stinky ones from the rental shop. Yikes!

That's again for all the info Terry. Now the Dumaguete ADVers need to post!

dunesnstars screwed with this post 04-21-2012 at 10:33 PM
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #959
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 405
One trip to the Philippines had me hooked and the most recent trip was number four, just a little over a year from the first visit! Like Toddy said, you and your husband will want to plan for a return trip!

In regard to the helmets and gear, it's a bit of a hassle to carry it as baggage but it's worked out fine. What I have done is to carry my helmet, gloves and riding pants in a carry-on, just in case any checked baggage is lost or delayed. Wearing a jacket and boots through airports hasn't been too uncomfortable, though it's nice to have slippers for the plane. On my first visit, my checked bag was lost by the airline for 12 days out of a 14 day trip, so this strategy was a good one. There haven't been any problems on subsequent flights to the Phils.

I highly recommend modular helmets. You will appreciate the ability to easily speak with locals during brief stops and for cooling off, sipping water, etc.

Ingat ka palagi and enjoy! There is no other place like the Philippines!

Rackemcrackem screwed with this post 05-16-2012 at 07:59 AM Reason: grammar
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #960
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,304
I live in th Philippines and go back to Seattle every other year or so. I ride a Honda XR 200 in the Philippines and a DR 650 in the States.

I carry my riding gear back and forth, pack the boots, pants, jacket, etc. and carry my helmet. Only once in Seattle was I questioned about the helmet. I said, it is a hat, do you want me to wear it? I was told, "No you can just carry it."

You can pick up a good helmet at a very reasonable price here. It will not have a Snell Approval, but still. Your other gear you had better bring.

When planning a trip to the Philippines realize that you will be probably not do the daily miles that you would in the states, etc. Traffice tends to move at a slower pace, and overtaking tends to take longer. And many of the roads have
lots of curves.

I think one can find some of the nicest riding anywhere in the world here in the Philippines. But, your fellow motorest will
keep you on your toes. You will never run out of great things to see and people to meet.
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote