User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #1471
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Im back in the Phills

I have been here nearly 3 weeks now but havnt had much internet so just caught up on this thread . Great to see ride reports being posted especially Rider Rako .
I arrived in Cebu at 4am and went to MBs Garden Inn the home of Outsiders motorcycle club . I got a room till 3pm and also had Bacon and Eggs . I was catching ferry to Calbayog that evening so couldnt stay longer. When I asked for my account it was only 250p for room and breakfast so I gave 500p and said put the change in tip jar. I really get treated well at MBs . When I arrive its just like going home.
After arriving at Calbayog it was a race to get seat on Jeepney to Allen then another Jeep to Lavezares . My girlfriend was waiting there with the family boat which we took to Macaret Island a 1hr 30min trip . We stayed at Villa Amor on Biri Island for a week then travelled to Tacloban , Villaba, pumpboat to Bogo on Cebu , then ferry to Bantayan Island . 1st job here was fitting my home made brake pads to my mountain bike . Weather is great at Santa Fe , they have done a great job of rebuilding after Typhoon . Cheers Toddy
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #1472
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiPHadventure View Post
Hey! Great to know I have fellow northerners here! I grew up in Baguio and I'm an Ilocano also. Awesome!
Kei, nice to know that you are an Ilocano too

Where's the pic that you owe us?

- raj
Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #1473
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
I have been here nearly 3 weeks now but havnt had much internet so just caught up on this thread . Great to see ride reports being posted especially Rider Rako .
I arrived in Cebu at 4am and went to MBs Garden Inn the home of Outsiders motorcycle club . I got a room till 3pm and also had Bacon and Eggs . I was catching ferry to Calbayog that evening so couldnt stay longer. When I asked for my account it was only 250p for room and breakfast so I gave 500p and said put the change in tip jar. I really get treated well at MBs . When I arrive its just like going home.
After arriving at Calbayog it was a race to get seat on Jeepney to Allen then another Jeep to Lavezares . My girlfriend was waiting there with the family boat which we took to Macaret Island a 1hr 30min trip . We stayed at Villa Amor on Biri Island for a week then travelled to Tacloban , Villaba, pumpboat to Bogo on Cebu , then ferry to Bantayan Island . 1st job here was fitting my home made brake pads to my mountain bike . Weather is great at Santa Fe , they have done a great job of rebuilding after Typhoon . Cheers Toddy
Glad that you are back Toddy, enjoy your stay as usual

-raj
Old 05-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #1474
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,349
Wicked Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj914 View Post
Glad that you are back Toddy, enjoy your stay as usual

-raj
Salamat Raj , I will try again to load pics , so hard to get Internet Explorer to work with ADV Rider and Smugmug at the same time .

Villa Amor Biri Islands

Santa Fe evening at beach

Sensets Bantayan Island

Main St Santa Fe at night . Best place to drink is at the Hardware Store .

Sunsets last night

It was a slow job loading these pics .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #1475
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 394
Fantastic pics, as always, Toddy! Glad to see that you're back in las Pilipinas!
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #1476
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 138
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj914 View Post
Nice Pics Rgon I miss the mountains, I was born in baguio. Yes I am an Ilocano :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiPHadventure View Post
Hey! Great to know I have fellow northerners here! I grew up in Baguio and I'm an Ilocano also. Awesome!
thanks raj you, keiP and all ADV riders are welcome in my garage -anytime of the year

regards
Old 05-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #1477
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 138
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Salamat Raj , I will try again to load pics , so hard to get Internet Explorer to work with ADV Rider and Smugmug at the same time .

.... job loading these pics .

ooopps where's that thank you button? ..... nice landscape photo , thanks for sharing

rgon
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #1478
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice pictures and scenery Toddy! Smugmug does a good job
Old 05-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #1479
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgon View Post
thanks raj you, keiP and all ADV riders are welcome in my garage -anytime of the year

regards
And you are also welcome in my place when you get to Manila

-raj
Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #1480
riderako
125cc rider

Oddometer: 31
rgon, thanks for sharing your shots from the Cordilleras. You're doing it right with a CRF250.. some of those trails would be too much for my underbone. Toddy, welcome back! I wanted to include Cebu and Bohol during my Philippine Loop because of the pictures you've posted in here. Alas, due to budget constraints I would have to do a separate trip for those islands (maybe next year). I forgot to share this. While I was heading for Negros, I was keeping in touch with a personnel of Dumaguete Port. When he learned I was going there on a bike, he asked if I know Herc. I felt bad to be the one to share the tragic news. The name Hercules really seems to be synonymous to adventure rides.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 AM   #1481
riderako
125cc rider

I have a few more pictures to share. I did say Philippine Loop after all. So for 9 days, I did Laguna > Mindoro > Aklan > Panay > Iloilo > Bacolod > Dumaguete > Dapitan > Oroquieta > Ozamis City > Iligan > Marawi City > Cotabato City > Koronadal > GenSan > Davao City > Tagum City > Tinuy-an Falls > Hinigaran > Surigao del Sur > Surigao City > Leyte > Samar > Bicol > Laguna

I had to work for 2 days then I continued with the trip. North Luzon Loop this time. I left Laguna at 2am then > NCR > Bulacan > Baliuag > Gapan > Cabanatuan > San Jose City.

By 7AM I'm at the Nueva Ecija arch

By noon, i was in Cagayan Valley and stopped at Magat Dam

the heat was almost unbearable but I kept pushing until I reached Tuguegarao City via Enrile by 1PM. I didn't feel like having lunch so I just kept riding until I reached the end of the road.... in Aparri!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:20 AM   #1482
riderako
125cc rider

At this point I have been riding for over 13 hours and some 600 kms. i rested while watching the confused tidal currents of the sea as it meets the freshwater from the mighty Cagayan River.

It's only 4:30Pm and that's still too early to call it quits for the day. I got back on the bike and headed for Ilocos. I almost wet my pants when I found myself all alone in the twisty, mountain roads of Claveria and Sta Praxedes. I reached Patapat Viaduct by 8PM. I quickly got myself a room in Blue Lagoon and went for a stroll in the beach

Riding 800 kms the previous day is not an excuse to not get up early. Took a few minutes enjoying the sunrise in Patapat

It was nice to see a few dozen windmills being erected in Burgos

I still made a lot of stops even if I promised myself to just ride through Ilocos. One of those stops is Paoay Church. I was hoping to visit all four Baroque churches on the list of World Heritage Sites in the Philippines

By noon, I was in Vigan. There were too many people so I didn't stay long.. I only snapped a few pics including Bantay Bell.

I was hungry and realized I never eat a lunch during this trip. I thought to myself: Why start now? So, I continued riding...
Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #1483
riderako
125cc rider

In Santa Maria is another World Heritage Site.. The Santa Maria Church.

At this point of the ride, The Pacman and Bradley were duking it out in the ring. I parked the motorcycle by the beach and watched a few rounds while cooling down with a halo-halo.

In order for my Philippine Loop to be official, I need to go up Baguio City. I took the easiest route and went up via Bauang.

It got dark and cold pretty fast.. soon enough, it was raining hard.

Wet gloves and wet shoes are never good when riding in Baguio.

I took Marcos Higway on the way down..
Old 05-10-2014, 02:41 AM   #1484
riderako
125cc rider

Boy, is this thing huge or what?! This is a nice consolation since I didn't get to see any eagle statue when I was in Davao City.

I like trees but sometimes, they get in the way of a nice view.. This is Agoo Church in La Union.

It's only 6PM and normally, I would just head back to Laguna but since I still need to go to Alaminos, Pangasinan, I would have to stay at a hotel for one more night then complete the trip the following day.

Another church caught my attention. This one is in San Fabian

I found a hotel in Dagupan.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:57 AM   #1485
riderako
125cc rider

Here's Lingayen Church to start the last day of this trip.

Some wacky traffic enforcers in Alaminos, the home of the Hundred Islands

I made my way down to Zambales then Subic and Olongapo City.. Me likey!

Someone pointed me in the wrong direction and I ended up inside SBMA. this is perhaps the only place in the Philippines were traffic rules are actually observed.

I found my way out then headed for Pampanga then Bulacan. As expected, Calumpit Bridge is still not passable so I took the "ferry" ride to the other side. Of all the 8 water crossings I made for the Philippine Loop, this was the shortest and most terrifying of all

I'm never comfortable riding in Metro Manila but the last of the 4 Baroque Churches happens to be in Intramuros so I had no choice but to look for it.. San Agustin Church to complete the UNESCO World Heritage sites

I took it easy the rest of the way back to Laguna. I was home by 7PM and I had to report to work again that night.