User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #16
Timtiger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Hi Geoffl

I think maybe a 200cc Vespa has the same road presence as a pushbike on SIngapore roads. As I mentioned, A KTM 990 with a louder than standard pipe has been a far better experience.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 AM   #17
Banx007
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hey Bro,
If u have decided to bring the bike over to Singapore, look for this Persons. They could help with bringing over the bike plus almost all of the touring bikes in Singapore and SouthEast Asia Knows them. I cut and copy the address from another Forum.

M-Technik is located at
51,Paya Ubi #05-08
Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Singapore 408933
Tel No: 6844 8973
Fax No: 6234-2773
Email: mtechnik@singnet.com.sg
http://www.m-technik.net/

The shop usually manned by Mr Chan, Mr Eris & Mr Chua.

They carry the following products;
-Hepco becker
-Wunderlich
-Various brands OEM parts
-Safari tanks
-Wilbers suspensions
-STR riding gears
-Laser exhaust
-LeoVince exhaust
-K&N airfilters
-At-Asia.org merchandise
-various other stuffs.

Also service/maintain bikes,mainly touring bikes & provide free tour consultation/advice if you need it..

Touring guide
They also have maps 4 sale,some are free maps donated by members;
-cambodia, MHS, Laos, Vietnam, Koh Samui, Hatyai, Singapore, etc...

Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat - Noon ard 2Pm - 7pm +/-
Sun - Close
Public Holidays - Call to check b4 gg down
Banx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 AM   #18
joshua_tr33
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtiger
I think maybe a 200cc Vespa has the same road presence as a pushbike on SIngapore roads. As I mentioned, A KTM 990 with a louder than standard pipe has been a far better experience.
Hi mate,

how's it going? i'm based in malaysia and looking to see if i can buy a KTM elsewhere and ship it over. any details that you can share on that?

a 990 adv retails for AUD 30k here.

thanks
joshua_tr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
Xomaman
AKA: Critter

Oddometer: 29
Hey very good thread here. I will also be posted in Singapore in a few months and was wondering what the best dual sport bike to bring might be. My taxes and COE will be covered by my employer, so the cost and model does not affect me as much.

I enjoy dual-sport and road touring. I was hoping to ride in Malaysia and take trips up to Thailand as well.

I was considereing a 1200 GS, but I thought it might actually be too big there and given the lack of support from the BMW dealer I read here I'm not so sure.

Would a 650 be better? There are a few new Kawasaki Versys 650 I could buy new, it's like a Suzuki V-strom.

What about a Buell Ulyses there? Would the Harley place be reliable for parts and work?

What's popular there as far as parts, shops that are good, etc.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!

Why don't they just make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?
Xomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #20
Fustercluck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Has anyone had any dealing with this shop in Singapore?

ADVENTURE ON WHEELS

Blk 541 #01-1044
Jurong West Avenue 1
Singapore 640541
1993 Ducati 888/SPO
Fustercluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
cstay66
n00b

Oddometer: 2
japanese bikes are more popular here in singapore due to its cost, after sales service and support.

if cost is not an issue to you, 1200 gs or adventure, ducati, triumph etc are readily available. services are good too.

dont worry about parts and service, many workshops here are competing to give their best to the growing biking community.

1200cc is not that big in singapore. we have stx, fjr, harley, ducati on the road everyday. though in city traffic, you may find yourself easy on smaller cc. but who cares. big bike rules and draws greater attention from other traffic users. mid-size bikes like 600cc-650cc-750cc are common with singaporeans due to economical and safety reason. i am currently riding a weestrom.

as for bike touring, biking trips, log on to www.singaporebikes.com and join us for touring to malaysia and thailand. some even go to cambodia and laos. many other bike clubs and websites on bikes and bikings too.

they are many riders who organise such trips for free, just for the love of biking. i love malaysia and thailand.

come. you will fall in love with singapore, malaysia and thailand too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xomaman
Hey very good thread here. I will also be posted in Singapore in a few months and was wondering what the best dual sport bike to bring might be. My taxes and COE will be covered by my employer, so the cost and model does not affect me as much.

I enjoy dual-sport and road touring. I was hoping to ride in Malaysia and take trips up to Thailand as well.

I was considereing a 1200 GS, but I thought it might actually be too big there and given the lack of support from the BMW dealer I read here I'm not so sure.

Would a 650 be better? There are a few new Kawasaki Versys 650 I could buy new, it's like a Suzuki V-strom.

What about a Buell Ulyses there? Would the Harley place be reliable for parts and work?

What's popular there as far as parts, shops that are good, etc.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated!
cstay66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 AM   #22
Xomaman
AKA: Critter

Oddometer: 29
Thanks Cstay66! Sounds like a plan! I look forward to going there.

If a 650 is a good size there maybe that's what I'll get. I don't ride too fast anyway and would rather have the longer distance capability on a smaller cc bike with good fuel consumption. The Japanese bikes are generally very reliable.

I once rode about 3,000km on a Honda Phantom 250cc up in Thailand and was amazed at how reliable it was and good on gas. It lacked power, but I just could not kill that thing. Sometimes for an hour at wide open throttle! It was an already beat-up rental too.

If you have a weestrom that's a very good sign! That was one of my choices but we don't have any locally here. There are a few new Versys I looked at that might make a good long distance bike there as well as a good nimble bike in the city.

What's your thoughts on the Verys there? I saw on the Singapore bikes board that there are a few there.

Why don't they just make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?
Xomaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #23
bikermice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
There are a few Versys here in Singapore. My guess is less than 20 units on our roads here. It's a good bike from what I can gather, but most local riders has some negative impression of kawasaki, mostly due to the lack of spares/spport readily available by the local agent. The only common Kawasaki here are mostly the bigger ZXs and that's about it. KLR? Never get to spot one so far. The most popular Japanese brand here will be Honda, followed by Yamaha, Suzuki, and lastly Kawasaki. Get the Versys if you like it, there is always the alternative way of ordering your parts online, like I did mostly for my DL650. It's not that a brand new machine needed so much spares anyway.

I think the Honda Phantom that you had in Thailand was a 200cc 4-stroke, the older model was a 150cc 2-stroke which had better power. Both being made in Thailand too. This is a bread and butter model here in Singapore too, pretty reliable machine.
bikermice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #24
bikermice
Adventurer

Known of this shop here but did not have any dealings with them so far. What are you intending to get from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fustercluck
Has anyone had any dealing with this shop in Singapore?

ADVENTURE ON WHEELS

Blk 541 #01-1044
Jurong West Avenue 1
Singapore 640541
Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #25
Fustercluck
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikermice
Known of this shop here but did not have any dealings with them so far. What are you intending to get from them?
I ordered an Airoh Stelt helmet and paid for it via Paypal 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was told it was in stock and would ship that day. I even paid for so called super express 3 day shipping and I still don't have the helmet. I am getting alot of false promises. I will give the guy a chance to make it right but I don't want anyone else to have the same problems if he indeed is not good to deal with.
1993 Ducati 888/SPO
Old 07-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #26
bikermice
Adventurer

Wow that sucks, I guess you got to keep pressing them or else ask them for a refund and forget about the helmet. Will take note of their reputation, thanks for the info.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #27
Fustercluck
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikermice
Wow that sucks, I guess you got to keep pressing them or else ask them for a refund and forget about the helmet. Will take note of their reputation, thanks for the info.
Will let you know how it shakes out. I will see if he makes it right as I know mistakes can happen.
1993 Ducati 888/SPO
Old 07-13-2008, 08:26 PM   #28
cstay66
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xomaman
Thanks Cstay66! Sounds like a plan! I look forward to going there.

If a 650 is a good size there maybe that's what I'll get. I don't ride too fast anyway and would rather have the longer distance capability on a smaller cc bike with good fuel consumption. The Japanese bikes are generally very reliable.

I once rode about 3,000km on a Honda Phantom 250cc up in Thailand and was amazed at how reliable it was and good on gas. It lacked power, but I just could not kill that thing. Sometimes for an hour at wide open throttle! It was an already beat-up rental too.

If you have a weestrom that's a very good sign! That was one of my choices but we don't have any locally here. There are a few new Versys I looked at that might make a good long distance bike there as well as a good nimble bike in the city.

What's your thoughts on the Verys there? I saw on the Singapore bikes board that there are a few there.

versys is readily available here. a good run for dl 650 and a strong contender.

strommy is a small community here. the last round up on the singapore bikes forum is about less than 30 pcs. should be more than 30 pcs on the road in singapore.

we had a hard time to gather all strommers here cause everyone is busy with their work. but we had a forum in sbf to share our love for this bike and biking: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...=1#post4440484

versys is gaining popularity with its newer and slimmer look.

weestrom is getting old, and to some it's ugly.

to me, weestrom rocks.

cstay66
Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #29
Fustercluck
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Will let you know how it shakes out. I will see if he makes it right as I know mistakes can happen.
This guy is the worst kind of crook. I have never had a bad experience dealing with any motorcycle accessory dealer anywhere in the world until I dealt with this crook. Stay away from this guy unless you want to lose your money.
1993 Ducati 888/SPO
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #30
kmax
Kruzer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
This guy is the worst kind of crook. I have never had a bad experience dealing with any motorcycle accessory dealer anywhere in the world until I dealt with this crook. Stay away from this guy unless you want to lose your money.
hey Fustercluck, how does it turn out ?

i've heard some stories about this shop and would you care to share with us ?