Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008, 12:24 AM   #61
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445
Arkansas / Missouri is looking better and better.
some of the most fucked up shit Ive ever heard of happened or came out of arkansas. im stayin away from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
IDAHO
"This is Idaho, maam, we do pretty much whatever we want to here."
ya dont say? I will have to include Idaho in future job searches..
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #62
jaydee1445 OP
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,849
There are still places in the Ozarks the police won't go. I like the mindset of the hill folk there. KC and St Louis have a bunch of asshats trying to dictate to the rest of the state but they are standing up and fighting the Libs.
I think Idaho has the largest continuous wilderness in the country which sounds good, I just don't think I could stand the winters.

Anyway this is way off topic it should be in florida love it or leave it.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #63
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445
There are still places in the Ozarks the police won't go. I like the mindset of the hill folk there. KC and St Louis have a bunch of asshats trying to dictate to the rest of the state but they are standing up and fighting the Libs.
I think Idaho has the largest continuous wilderness in the country which sounds good, I just don't think I could stand the winters.

Anyway this is way off topic it should be in florida love it or leave it.
true enough, sorry for the hijack. I'll be leavin as soon as job opportunity allows.

yea im sure thats some rough winters up there. but ya know, you can always put another layer of clothes on, but you can only take so many off..
Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #64
jeanmarcfla
KTM Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Here is the answer from the AMA

Thank you for using the “Contact Us” feature at www.AMADirectlink.com to share your concerns regarding Florida HB-137 and SB-802.

You’re correct – both bills have been amended in committee and differ from their introduced versions. The reckless operation provision remains; the exceeding the speed limit provision was raised from 30 mph over to 50 mph over; and language was added to require that both wheels remain on the ground at all times (brief exceptions provided) and the license tag must be securely mounted (no flip-up tags).

We remain concerned with the language that requires a rider to remain on the seat at all times. As you know, surmounting obstacles requires the rider to stand on the pegs/floorboards for a brief moment (this technique is taught in the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course). We have written to the sponsors of HB-137 and SB-802 to point this out. Further, we believe the prohibition on flip-up license tags should be treated as nonmoving infractions, subject to the same penalties already provided for an obscured license tag on other vehicles.

You can review the history and text for HB-137 at http://www.flsenate.gov/session/index.cfm?BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Mode=Bills&SubMenu=1&Year=2008&billnum=137 and for SB-802 at http://www.flsenate.gov/session/index.cfm?BI_Mode=ViewBillInfo&Mode=Bills&SubMenu=1&Year=2008&billnum=802.

Note that the committee substitutes for both bills are posted on the Florida Legislature links above.

Thanks again for contacting us and for your many years of membership support.
jeanmarcfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #65
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,497
Some One Call Ama.. Oh Wait :p
Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #66
Southernmost_Paul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Ok I understand they've passed "Something" but haven't seen what the final version looked like. Anyone know?
Southernmost_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote