Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #46
bavarian OP
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possu
Collect my new bike this Thursday, it's big, it's orange & has more than one cylinder.

Hope to test ride it this weekend in Wales & in early May on a local run before riding it to Sort. Shoulder should be okay (hopefully).
Traitor. I'll inform BMW headquarters that one of their employess is having an illegal affair.
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #47
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian
Traitor. I'll inform BMW headquarters that one of their employess is having an illegal affair.
Waste of time, I'm the only employee at the dealership who actually owns a BMW, the rest own a variety of Jap bikes.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #48
bavarian OP
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possu
Waste of time, I'm the only employee at the dealership who actually owns a BMW, the rest own a variety of Jap bikes.
Something's awfully wrong here. Guess they need some adjustment at headquarters here.
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #49
GSaar
Representing Deutschland

Oddometer: 211
Gruss aus dem schoenen (ahem) New Jersey. Komme urspruenglich aus dem Saarland, hab in Nuernberg studiert.

Kennt sich jemand mit Motorradmieten in Deutschland aus? Ich bin im Mai eine Woche dort und waere lieber auf zwei als vier Raedern unterwegs.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #50
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Oddometer: 1,629
Hi y'all! German, living in Georgia / US of A. Just curious, is there an ADVrider community around Hamburg? If so, do you guys / gals get togther at some local hang out?

In Atlanta we've got the Vortex http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119144 at Little Five Points. Would like to hook up next time I'm over in the ole country.

Cheers !
TomTom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #51
bigmac_78
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
So, I´m from Hamburg.
But whether this is allready a community, I would really doubt.
Is there someone else from the north?!?
bigmac_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #52
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac_78
So, I´m from Hamburg.
But whether this is allready a community, I would really doubt.
Is there someone else from the north?!?
Cool What kind of bike do you ride and what riding do you do, i.e. dual sport, touring etc.

Living in Atlanta, I'm blessed to have the Blue Ridge Mountains to the north and coastal area within 4 hours to the east (Atlantic) and south (Gulf of Mexico)

This was taken last year somewhere in Yukon, during our Alaska trip. In the meantime I have sold the Dakar...

...creek crossing in West Virgina...

My girl is from Hamburg, that's why I was wondering if you guys have something like an "...ADVrider community".
...one is a start, isn't it?

These are some of the regular folks of the Atlanta area ADVrider group...

TomTom63 screwed with this post 04-19-2008 at 03:09 PM
Old 04-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #53
bigmac_78
Adventurer

Quoting myself:
Quote:
I´m here, sitting around in the north.

Maybe some more information:
Motorcyle: BMW R1150 GS
Interested in: Football (FC St. Pauli ), motorcycling (ah, surprise) and different outdoor activities (camping, canoeing, fishing...)
One is a start...
But I´m pretty shure that there are more from northern Germany that just didn´t answer yet.

I´ve got a BMW 1150 GS but first since february. Before, I was owning a Suzuki GSX750F. I´ve just started to be interested in overland riding.
I´m planning on a trip to Sweden in July and maybe that would be a start for a tour around the Baltic Sea via Finland, the Baltic States Poland and back to Hamburg next year.
I´m working for my doctorate in biology (equivalent to PhD) and that is usually not the time in your live when you have got much money and sparetime... So maybe I have to wait for the time afterwards to do the long trips.

So you´ve got the Blue Ridge Mountains and we have got the Harz (ask your girl for more details ) and Scandinavia in a 4h range.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 AM   #54
erdferkel850
Un-Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Wink another Kraut

...here.

Hello, just wanted to sign in as well.
I'm currently located in the Ruhrgebiet near Dortmund and Bochum but I'm going to move into the Bergisches Land region, since I found a job in St. Augustin and my fiancé will work in Wuppertal, so we'll look for something in the middle.

Glückauf
Ralf
Old 04-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #55
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:

One is a start...
But I´m pretty shure that there are more from northern Germany that just didn´t answer yet.
So you´ve got the Blue Ridge Mountains and we have got the Harz (ask your girl for more details ) and Scandinavia in a 4h range.
So, how do you like the GS? I grew up in a familie of "BMW nuts" My dad and my mom were riding BMW's. I'm originally from Beckum / Westfalen. I move to the US 23 ago. I have been riding for 29 years, various italien, jap and german bikes.

Touring is my favourite riding. Work just gets in the way...

I can imagine the scandinavian route would be somewhat similar to Alaska / Canada. Last year was my first Alaska trip. We shipped the bikes to Anchorage and rode the Alaska Hwy to the end (or beginning) back to Atlanta. Some 5,000 miles in 3 weeks. It was awsome.

This year a buddy of mine on his 1150GS and I on my GSA will go from Atlanta up to Prudhoe Bay and back. From Fairbanks it's some 500 miles gravel on the Dalton Hwy. I'm really excited about that trip . We'll leave on July 18th for 3 weeks.

My riding buddy is originally from Luebeck. He has been living in the US for some 10+ years.

Good luck for your doctorate

TomTom63 screwed with this post 04-20-2008 at 05:38 AM
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 AM   #56
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdferkel850
...here.

Hello, just wanted to sign in as well.
I'm currently located in the Ruhrgebiet near Dortmund and Bochum but I'm going to move into the Bergisches Land region, since I found a job in St. Augustin and my fiancé will work in Wuppertal, so we'll look for something in the middle.

Glückauf
Ralf
Hello Ralf,
well, Beckum, my former home town, is about 45 minutes from Dortmund on the A2. Good luck with your new job .

If I do the "half-way-living-thing" with my fiance, I'll be getting wet feet in the Atlantic... But, we are working on a solution. Not sure yet what that will look like. She may be moving over here (US) or I will be going back to Germany... .

In the later case, it's good to know there are some ADVrider folks out in Germany. After 23 years in the US, I have lost my social network in Germany completely.

Thomas
Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #57
bigmac_78
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.REX63
So, how do you like the GS? ...
This year a buddy of mine on his 1150GS and I on my GSA will go from Atlanta up to Prudhoe Bay and back. From Fairbanks it's some 500 miles gravel on the Dalton Hwy. I'm really excited about that trip . We'll leave on July 18th for 3 weeks.

Good luck for your doctorate
Thanks! I really like the GS! I don´t think I will change my motorcylce in the near future...

I had to use Wikipedia fo Prudhoe Bay:
"Nach der Volkszählung aus dem Jahre 2000 gibt es nur einen Haushalt in der Stadt, der aus einem Ehepaar mit zwei Söhnen und einer Tochter besteht. Neben diesem einen Haus gibt es nur Wohncontainer für die Mitarbeiter des Ölförderunternehmens, die zum Großteil aus anderen US-Bundesstaaten oder direkt aus Alaska stammen."

500 miles on gravel: I keep my fingers crossed that you will have dry weather conditions on that part of the trip.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #58
TomTom63
Motorradfahrer

Quote:

I had to use Wikipedia fo Prudhoe Bay:
"Nach der Volkszählung aus dem Jahre 2000 gibt es nur einen Haushalt in der Stadt, der aus einem Ehepaar mit zwei Söhnen und einer Tochter besteht. Neben diesem einen Haus gibt es nur Wohncontainer für die Mitarbeiter des Ölförderunternehmens, die zum Großteil aus anderen US-Bundesstaaten oder direkt aus Alaska stammen."
Ohne Zweifel, die Reise ist das Ziel . Ich versuche meinen Kollegen noch davon zu ueberzeugen die Motorraeder von Atlanta wenigstens bis Seattle zu verschicken, da die gesamte Rundreise sonst 11,000+ Meilen (~18,300 Km) sind. Wir haben nur 3 Wochen zeit, da darf nicht viel schief gehen. Das Stueck von Atlanta bis Seattle ist eh nur Interstate. Richtig schoen wird es ab Seattle Richtung Norden.

Prudhoe Bay und Inuvik sind die ultimalen ADV Ziele in Nordamerika. Es fahren jedes Jahr eine Reihe Leute hin. Man trifft sich immerwieder an Tankstellen, in Restaurants und Motels along the Alaska Hwy. Die Kameraderie ist fantastisch. In Prudhoe Bay (eigentlich Deadhorse) gibt es noch das Arctic Caribou Inn. Wir haben schon Reservierung .

Ich kann mir vorstellen, dass das aehnlich in Skandinavien und Nord Africa ist. Ich wuerde gerne mal die Paris - Dakar Rally-Strecke abfahren... Who knows, maybe soon...
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #59
IvesOel
Go slow and win the rally

Oddometer: 22
Not Alone

Hey Thomas,

A really new information about your future.
Hope you will have a great ride and please bring some pics with. My fridge is full of beer ( I mean German beer ;-)) and we will have a lot of time to drink the stuff.

Uwe

Oelde, the famous graveyard in Europe
Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #60
MikJogg
Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
another blackforest guy...

Hallo,anybody at the "Touratech Travel Event" in Niedereschach 13-15.06.08 ?

Gruß Michael
Attached Images

...and winter
MikJogg is offline   Reply With Quote