ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
grinder96 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
ESP suspension in La Cresenta?

I was in there shop for my XR a couple of years ago, but found a stock replacement. Their shop impressed me so I took my KLR shock to them and they have had it over a week and not touched it yet. George said he "has higher prioritys right now" and will try yo get to it in a few days (thats what he said a few days ago!). Not something I would say to one of my clients!

Anyone have work done by them? Are they worth the wait? I am thinking of getting my shock back and just going to Works performance and calling it done!

Input appreciated!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
2old2race
I wana ride

Oddometer: 1,114
This is were I went. $390.00 to do the shock. If I had not given Jay the wrong shippiing address I would have had my stuff back in a week. He's in Idaho http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=36

Jay Jobes [jobesfzr@yahoo.com] (easiest way to get in touch with Jay)

Bob
'08 KLR650
'07 Tiger 1050 - Gone
'98 XR440 - Getting a frame up rebuild
'89 XR250 - Needs a Lic Plate

2old2race screwed with this post 04-03-2008 at 08:23 AM
2old2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 5,009
I kind of got the same treatment when I first went there. I was patient, and on subsequent visits, I have gotten my stuff done quicker. Maybe he is just swamped with work
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
posole vato
Vato Loco

Oddometer: 641
Thumb Esp

Yes, george, from esp, has been servicing my bikes for 3yrs....

the last thing i had'em do was put new tires on my crf.....

he has also worked on my 950adv and both my 640 advs...

all could say is that his service and work is impecable!!!!!

here's his link
www.mysuspension.com

09 KLR 650
05 Honda CRF 450X
posole vato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,238
I tried to get him to do my 640A forks and shock, but upfront, George told me that he can't do it for for the next 3 weeks, and at least 1 week to do my suspension.

Heard he does a quality job, but swamped. Just like a restaurant, long lines outside mean good food (or small dining area).
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #6
posole vato
Vato Loco

george don't ..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
I tried to get him to do my 640A forks and shock, but upfront, George told me that he can't do it for for the next 3 weeks, and at least 1 week to do my suspension.

Heard he does a quality job, but swamped. Just like a restaurant, long lines outside mean good food (or small dining area).
like you cause he don't make me wait dat long!!!!!!!! and you're right.... he does good work!!!!!!

did you also know he help honda design the suspension for the xr400???

09 KLR 650
05 Honda CRF 450X
Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #7
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,611
I've had George work on my kid's CRF & my XR. Great guy. Normally if you drop your dirt bikes off on Mon he has them back by Fri.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
grinder96 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I called George Yesterday and asked a worse case max time out. He said a week after he gets it apart and sees what it needs. So maybe I can get my bike back together by next weekend.

Although my first time to his shop, I am not there by chance. I have had some good referrals to ESP and with the above posts I can be sure I'll get a great shock back!!

I was a little put off by the continued promise of "the next couple of days" that still hasn't happened. I also am aware I brought my 20 year old shock in loose and I am not the "big" job that will let him go on vacation this year!

we'll see what next week brings

p.s. called Works Performace....6-8 week backlog!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #9
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

I had my suspensions done by Zerodog, Infinity Machining up in Utah. Total turnaround is 2 weeks, that includes shipping both ways.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
I called George Yesterday and asked a worse case max time out. He said a week after he gets it apart and sees what it needs. So maybe I can get my bike back together by next weekend.

Although my first time to his shop, I am not there by chance. I have had some good referrals to ESP and with the above posts I can be sure I'll get a great shock back!!

I was a little put off by the continued promise of "the next couple of days" that still hasn't happened. I also am aware I brought my 20 year old shock in loose and I am not the "big" job that will let him go on vacation this year!

I always wonder why it's said that the economy is so bad, when small specialty performance shops are always so busy.

Seems like it's the case across the motorsports industry for the "good shops"
I guess there's a lot of people still spending big dollars on toys

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
posole vato
Vato Loco

Quote:

patients grasshopper! his work is worth the wait.....

09 KLR 650
05 Honda CRF 450X
Old 04-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
grinder96 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by posole vato
patients grasshopper! his work is worth the wait.....
Grasshopper is getting impatient!!!
I called yesterday and george said MAYBE by friday he'll have it open and know if it is even rebuildable.

I get the feeling I don't have the fancy new, hot shot bike to impress so I am below the bottom of the list.

I don't doubt he does great work, but at what point do I assume he doesn't want to do my shock?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #13
posole vato
Vato Loco

Thumb

Quote:
Grasshopper is getting impatient!!!
I called yesterday and george said MAYBE by friday he'll have it open and know if it is even rebuildable.

I get the feeling I don't have the fancy new, hot shot bike to impress so I am below the bottom of the list.

I don't doubt he does great work, but at what point do I assume he doesn't want to do my shock?

it's not personal.... it's just business!

09 KLR 650
05 Honda CRF 450X
Old 04-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #14
grinder96 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by posole vato
it's not personal.... it's just business!
it isn't personal its called bad business. Honesty is good business!

If he's too busy then just say so or say 'it is going to be a month'. Like I mentioned above, Works performance said 6-8 weeks but I went with a local shop because I believe in supporting locally where possible and George said a couple of days to tear into it then a week to rebuild. What could be better local AND faster, its been three and he hasn't even torn into it yet.

I have no doubts about his workmanship as a matter of fact my shock is still there waiting because of his workmanship! All I am asking is shoot straight with me. I have to believe that bikes have come and gone since my shock has arrived there and he still can't find the time to start mine, thats all I'm saying.

He said Friday, but if it isn't started I'm outa there!

grinder96 screwed with this post 04-15-2008 at 07:59 PM
Old 04-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #15
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Sorry about your experience. When I talked to George many months ago, he quoted me a time frame that's a little haze, glad I had zerodog (adv) at Infinity Machining do mine.

If you still need someone next week, there are couple of bike shops on Sunland Blvd, one is Dirt and Sand, and I think the other is Powersports. Just east of Glenoaks or west of the 210.