User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
terryth OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
W.E.R. steering damper mounted on KLX250s

I just installed a W.E.R sterring damper on my wife's klx250s. I have had one on my DZR for years and it works great. The mounting is cleaner than the one on my DRZ by far, only a little modification of the head light bracket and number plate to clear the damper. I like the W.E.R.s because they mount out of the way on top of the fender below the headlight and attach to a bracket bolted to the frame out of view and then you don't have worry about interference with the bars and gauges like can happen with the scott type dampers.
I bought it here:
http://www.monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/s...ew_product=233

I have been very happy with this vendor with their fast shipping and sevice. I also bought a FMF Q4 slip-on for the KLX from them. The slip-op made quite a bit of difference in the power of the bike with the stock carb and jetting and airbox. I am waiting on a BIll Blue modified TM34 carb and will put it in with the KDZ snorkel and 5 airbox buttons (filtered 1" holes)

Honda FSC600 Scooter
2001 Sherco 2.5

terryth screwed with this post 05-23-2008 at 07:51 PM
terryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
kgwld1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thanks alot you made me buy one be here next week.

Kevin
kgwld1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,854
I just happen to have one of these steering dampers for sale,its set up to fit a KTM two stroke but different kits can be had to make it fit anything,Thanks. Brad.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
dwayne
Silly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,551
PM sent Brad

A "Day" of Dirt Biking Rockies East Slopes
High and Dry Colorado and Utah

"When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"
dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Damian_74
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
WER damper on F650 Dakar

Fitted the same damper to my Dakar - with 39l of fuel on it really helps in the soft stuff
Damian_74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
planetmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Question

Just like to confirm that you purchased the WER kit for the KLX300 and adapted it. Thanks.
planetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #7
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetmike
Just like to confirm that you purchased the WER kit for the KLX300 and adapted it. Thanks.
Bill Blue makes a bracket for mounting the WER to the KLX250S. I'm guessing a DIY wouldn't be very hard though.
tremor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
planetmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Would you please post more photos to show where you made cuts on the headlight frame and also cuts on the plastic headlight shroud? Did you find the frame bracket to be a bit small when pressed against the steering head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryth
I just installed a W.E.R sterring damper on my wife's klx250s. I have had one on my DZR for years and it works great. The mounting is cleaner than the one on my DRZ by far, only a little modification of the head light bracket and number plate to clear the damper. I like the W.E.R.s because they mount out of the way on top of the fender below the headlight and attach to a bracket bolted to the frame out of view and then you don't have worry about interference with the bars and gauges like can happen with the scott type dampers.
I bought it here:
http://www.monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/s...ew_product=233

I have been very happy with this vendor with their fast shipping and sevice. I also bought a FMF Q4 slip-on for the KLX from them. The slip-op made quite a bit of difference in the power of the bike with the stock carb and jetting and airbox. I am waiting on a BIll Blue modified TM34 carb and will put it in with the KDZ snorkel and 5 airbox buttons (filtered 1" holes)
Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
kgwld1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
My pics are over at the other site I had really no fitment issues but if I remember the headlight cage was modified a bit.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
planetmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Could you post the link when you have a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwld1
My pics are over at the other site I had really no fitment issues but if I remember the headlight cage was modified a bit.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #11
cloudbaseracer
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to revive and ask a few questions.

Is the W.E.R. still the best way to go if you want to maintain the stock instrument cluster? If I understand it correctly, the Scott system interferes with that?

What other companies make these to fit the KLX250S (2012 - 2014) and what are the differences?

Thanks for your help - I am not too familiar with all of the options or how they work and install.
cloudbaseracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:43 AM   #12
planetmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, it has been awhile.

Yes, at the time, the WER was the only option. It is still working flawlessly. Takes the edge off any sudden large rocks on the trail. I have not searched for an alternative since.

Again, the only drawback with the WER is that you need to stop and adjust it, since there is not dial adjustment one can reach while riding. However, once you have this dialed-in, I find there is no need for further adjustment.

I suppose if I were to start riding the bike on a mx track, this would need changing. This is highly unlikely for me, since prefer to ride through trees. Who needs to see where they are going?

M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbaseracer View Post
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to revive and ask a few questions.

Is the W.E.R. still the best way to go if you want to maintain the stock instrument cluster? If I understand it correctly, the Scott system interferes with that?

What other companies make these to fit the KLX250S (2012 - 2014) and what are the differences?

Thanks for your help - I am not too familiar with all of the options or how they work and install.