ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #3691
GPS MAN
Lost!
 
GPS MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: New Zealand.....
Oddometer: 65
Sorry, can't help you there ~

But, does anyone know where I can get a small windshield for my '11, 530 EXC?

Most of my aggressive dualsport riding I do standing....need something to help with the wind blast ~ really tires the ole' arms after several hours
GPS MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #3692
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
Sorry, can't help you there ~

But, does anyone know where I can get a small windshield for my '11, 530 EXC?

Most of my aggressive dualsport riding I do standing....need something to help with the wind blast ~ really tires the ole' arms after several hours
Here is the best setup I'm aware of - and it allows you to upgrade your lighting to something that is actually useful.

http://www.globetrottin.com/products.html

__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #3693
GPS MAN
Lost!
 
GPS MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: New Zealand.....
Oddometer: 65
Thanks for that ~ Now, do I get one or not???????

That is what I was looking for
GPS MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #3694
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,018
Well now, THAT is the question, isn't it?
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #3695
Bora20
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC, CAD
Oddometer: 849
With aggressive dualsporting (ie. a street legal dirt bike), I would break that off in a day.

I like it, but I have a local source as well. Ian makes a great product and lets the fairing move up and down for trail/street.

http://britanniacomposites.com

__________________
Dan
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champion Edition - factory street legal
Pix - http://Bora20.smugmug.com/
Bora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #3696
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post
Sorry, can't help you there ~

But, does anyone know where I can get a small windshield for my '11, 530 EXC?

Most of my aggressive dualsport riding I do standing....need something to help with the wind blast ~ really tires the ole' arms after several hours
The Rally Moto Kit on my bike really helps with the wind blast. Makes the 530 a great dualsport, IMHO.

__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #3697
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora20 View Post
With aggressive dualsporting (ie. a street legal dirt bike), I would break that off in a day.

I like it, but I have a local source as well. Ian makes a great product and lets the fairing move up and down for trail/street.

http://britanniacomposites.com

I doubt it. If you hit it hard enough to break it off, you probably have bigger problems to worry about - The one in the picture on the product page has been crashed on repeatedly, and there are hardly any nicks in the paint since the gel coat is so strong.
It's made out of fiberglass and it much more resilient than a carbon fiber layup - and you can repair it fairly simply if you did break it. So the two are pretty equal in that regard. That wimpy little windshield looks pretty weak though.

To each his own though - I'd deal locally as well regardless.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3698
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
The Rally Moto Kit on my bike really helps with the wind blast. Makes the 530 a great dualsport, IMHO.

Man, I LIKE that set up. If I ever wanted to take a longish trip on the 530, this would be fantastic.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #3699
J.Johnson
Adventurer
 
J.Johnson's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: So. Ca.
Oddometer: 84
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help
__________________
“This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.”
J.Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #3700
wsmc831
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Johnson View Post
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help

Were the rings replaced with oem or aftermarket? Not a whole lot of miles, mine was similar oil usage until I did aftermarket piston/rings. How about valve seals, replaced?

Out the breather doesn't sound like either of those though...
__________________
1290, April delivery
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #3701
GPS MAN
Lost!
 
GPS MAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: New Zealand.....
Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I doubt it. If you hit it hard enough to break it off, you probably have bigger problems to worry about - The one in the picture on the product page has been crashed on repeatedly, and there are hardly any nicks in the paint since the gel coat is so strong.
It's made out of fiberglass and it much more resilient than a carbon fiber layup - and you can repair it fairly simply if you did break it. So the two are pretty equal in that regard. That wimpy little windshield looks pretty weak though.

To each his own though - I'd deal locally as well regardless.

? any idea as to what LED's it could run without upgrading the stator????

???????????
GPS MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #3702
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Johnson View Post
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help
Javier at Trail Tricks (he's on the forum here) has a very good reputation and is in Orange County. Neduro talked with Javier when he was considering merging the oil systems on his bikes. I'm sorry I don't have his contact info with me at work, but maybe someone will chime in with it.

When I get my piston replaced, I'll probably have him do it.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #3703
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Maricrapa AZ
Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Javier at Trail Tricks (he's on the forum here) has a very good reputation and is in Orange County. Neduro talked with Javier when he was considering merging the oil systems on his bikes. I'm sorry I don't have his contact info with me at work, but maybe someone will chime in with it.

When I get my piston replaced, I'll probably have him do it.
There looks to be something going on with their website but my Invoice says:

Trail Tricks
620 Canada Trail
Frazier Park, CA 93225
(661)245-2356
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #3704
Foot dragger
singletracker
 
Foot dragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: chico,just below rag dump(nor-cal)
Oddometer: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I doubt it. If you hit it hard enough to break it off, you probably have bigger problems to worry about - The one in the picture on the product page has been crashed on repeatedly, and there are hardly any nicks in the paint since the gel coat is so strong.
It's made out of fiberglass and it much more resilient than a carbon fiber layup - and you can repair it fairly simply if you did break it. So the two are pretty equal in that regard. That wimpy little windshield looks pretty weak though.

To each his own though - I'd deal locally as well regardless.
I dont know bout that fairing idea,when standing Im over the front of the bike,any sort of windshield would be a distraction at best. Most standup riding isnt done at 70mph anyway so windblast is the least of my worries for dirt riding. I break headlights easily so having a fairing seems a little silly for aggressive dirt riding. The less things bolted to the front of my bike the better,I dont even like having a GPS on the bars.
__________________
Some bikes around at times
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #3705
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Johnson View Post
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
There looks to be something going on with their website but my Invoice says:

Trail Tricks
620 Canada Trail
Frazier Park, CA 93225
(661)245-2356
I just exchanged emails with Javier. He does do this kind of work but he is out of he country at the Dakar until mid-January.

I'll be giving him a call when he gets back.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014