User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #3691
GPS MAN
Lost!

Oddometer: 65
Sorry, can't help you there ~

But, does anyone know where I can get a small windshield for my '11, 530 EXC?

Most of my aggressive dualsport riding I do standing....need something to help with the wind blast ~ really tires the ole' arms after several hours
GPS MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #3692
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post

Most of my aggressive dualsport riding I do standing....need something to help with the wind blast ~ really tires the ole' arms after several hours
Here is the best setup I'm aware of - and it allows you to upgrade your lighting to something that is actually useful.

http://www.globetrottin.com/products.html

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #3693
GPS MAN
Lost!

Thanks for that ~ Now, do I get one or not???????

That is what I was looking for
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #3694
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Well now, THAT is the question, isn't it?

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 11-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #3695
Bora20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
With aggressive dualsporting (ie. a street legal dirt bike), I would break that off in a day.

I like it, but I have a local source as well. Ian makes a great product and lets the fairing move up and down for trail/street.

http://britanniacomposites.com

Bora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #3696
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS MAN View Post

The Rally Moto Kit on my bike really helps with the wind blast. Makes the 530 a great dualsport, IMHO.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #3697
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora20 View Post
With aggressive dualsporting (ie. a street legal dirt bike), I would break that off in a day.

I like it, but I have a local source as well. Ian makes a great product and lets the fairing move up and down for trail/street.

http://britanniacomposites.com

I doubt it. If you hit it hard enough to break it off, you probably have bigger problems to worry about - The one in the picture on the product page has been crashed on repeatedly, and there are hardly any nicks in the paint since the gel coat is so strong.
It's made out of fiberglass and it much more resilient than a carbon fiber layup - and you can repair it fairly simply if you did break it. So the two are pretty equal in that regard. That wimpy little windshield looks pretty weak though.

To each his own though - I'd deal locally as well regardless.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #3698
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
The Rally Moto Kit on my bike really helps with the wind blast. Makes the 530 a great dualsport, IMHO.

Man, I LIKE that set up. If I ever wanted to take a longish trip on the 530, this would be fantastic.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #3699
J.Johnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #3700
wsmc831
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Johnson View Post
Hey guys. I have an '08 530 EXc with 6900 miles on it. It had a piston and rings at 3600. I am using quite a bit of oil now. And it is blowing oil out of the engine breather. I have to add 2-3 cups of oil per 150 miles.
Can anyone recommend a good machine shop or shop in So. California? I am in the Orange county area. I can pull it all apart and reassemble it. But time is a little lean with me right now, so if if anyone knows a great shop I might be willing to let them do it all. It will be hard for me to let someone else work on it.
Thanks for the help

Were the rings replaced with oem or aftermarket? Not a whole lot of miles, mine was similar oil usage until I did aftermarket piston/rings. How about valve seals, replaced?

Out the breather doesn't sound like either of those though...
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #3701
GPS MAN
Lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I doubt it. If you hit it hard enough to break it off, you probably have bigger problems to worry about - The one in the picture on the product page has been crashed on repeatedly, and there are hardly any nicks in the paint since the gel coat is so strong.
It's made out of fiberglass and it much more resilient than a carbon fiber layup - and you can repair it fairly simply if you did break it. So the two are pretty equal in that regard. That wimpy little windshield looks pretty weak though.

? any idea as to what LED's it could run without upgrading the stator????

???????????
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #3702
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,197
Quote:
Thanks for the help
Javier at Trail Tricks (he's on the forum here) has a very good reputation and is in Orange County. Neduro talked with Javier when he was considering merging the oil systems on his bikes. I'm sorry I don't have his contact info with me at work, but maybe someone will chime in with it.

When I get my piston replaced, I'll probably have him do it.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #3703
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Javier at Trail Tricks (he's on the forum here) has a very good reputation and is in Orange County. Neduro talked with Javier when he was considering merging the oil systems on his bikes. I'm sorry I don't have his contact info with me at work, but maybe someone will chime in with it.

When I get my piston replaced, I'll probably have him do it.
There looks to be something going on with their website but my Invoice says:

Trail Tricks
620 Canada Trail
Frazier Park, CA 93225
(661)245-2356
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #3704
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 11,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post

I dont know bout that fairing idea,when standing Im over the front of the bike,any sort of windshield would be a distraction at best. Most standup riding isnt done at 70mph anyway so windblast is the least of my worries for dirt riding. I break headlights easily so having a fairing seems a little silly for aggressive dirt riding. The less things bolted to the front of my bike the better,I dont even like having a GPS on the bars.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #3705
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,197
Quote:
Thanks for the help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
There looks to be something going on with their website but my Invoice says:

Trail Tricks
620 Canada Trail
Frazier Park, CA 93225
(661)245-2356
I just exchanged emails with Javier. He does do this kind of work but he is out of he country at the Dakar until mid-January.

I'll be giving him a call when he gets back.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is online now   Reply With Quote