User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Pissed Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only

I have started this thread so that we can now use this forum to discuss the issues of the front forks & have a complete record of the posts... If you are not aware, I am gathering the information of everyone that has either purchased a '08 TE-610, has a deposit or plans on purchasing the bike. If you have not emailed me yet; please email your name, location, dealer & salesperson to:

Towboats@TownsendRE.com

In the coming weeks, I will be writing a document & will include everyones information as well as a link to this thread so that Husky-Italy can see how dissapointed we are that they misrepresented their product. I will attempt to gather all the posts from the sign-in and have them transferred to this thread.

I want to thank everyone who has helped thus far; I believe that collectively, we can make a difference and hopefully Husky will own up to their mistake & help us...

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm

TimberlineAdventure screwed with this post 04-07-2008 at 08:56 PM
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
I haven't got one (yet), what's the complaint?

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
ThatGuyEd
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 591
It's not really affecting me, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling with these letters to Husky.

Dear Husqvarna:

I bought an '07 TE-610 in the spring of 2007 and received exactly what I paid for. I have been extremely satisfied with the bike as a whole though I have noticed a few areas where it could be improved. The battery tray is one weak spot. As is the tail light assembly aluminum mount. The purpose of this e-mail is to address the missing compression adjusters on the 2008's.

I believe the onus is on Husqvarna to honor their current 2008 610 owners by providing either a rebate to have the forks rebuilt, or the proper forks should be supplied for the customer. The missing compression adjuster on the forks would have been a deciding factor in my buying a KTM over the Husky, had it been the case in 2007.

Promising a product without delivering is the best way to deter potential customers from the brand. At a time when the North American market is finally opening up to Husqvarna motorcycles again, it would be wise, financially and ethically, to reconcile this issue immediately.

Regards,
Edric Chabot
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Dear Mr. Husqvarna,

I'd like to personally extend my appreciation to you over your decision to remove the compression adjusters from the forks of your 2008 TE610 Dual Sport. A wiser marketing decision has never been made in my opinion. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Ura Dummi
KTM Sales dept.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Beemer Pat

Oddometer: 2,722
This is better than filling up the other thread. I still haven't heard anything from N. Colorado BWM. I hope the get a fix soon. If I don't like the fix I might have to bump it up the food chain to BMW.
Beemer Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Thumbs down

Thanks for beginning this thread. I picked up my '08 610 on Saturday, and while I was aware of the compression adjustment controversy (the dealer was not), I didn't want to rattle Ed Perry's cage until I had bike (and manual) in hand. His response (e-mail): "...we have made the factory aware of this issue and the reaction we are receiving from potential customers. We will have to wait and see how they want to deal with it. We were told by the factory that this model would have the adjustable compression and we were just as surprised as you to find out that it did not have this feature. Once again we will have to wait and see what the factory does." Sounds like the Cagiva USA party line (and I appreciate Ed's prompt response) but they probably have no control over the clowns in Italy.
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nice
Thanks for beginning this thread. I picked up my '08 610 on Saturday, and while I was aware of the compression adjustment controversy (the dealer was not), I didn't want to rattle Ed Perry's cage until I had bike (and manual) in hand. His response (e-mail): "...we have made the factory aware of this issue and the reaction we are receiving from potential customers. We will have to wait and see how they want to deal with it. We were told by the factory that this model would have the adjustable compression and we were just as surprised as you to find out that it did not have this feature. Once again we will have to wait and see what the factory does." Sounds like the Cagiva USA party line (and I appreciate Ed's prompt response) but they probably have no control over the clowns in Italy.
Well that's a lot more detail than what I got from Ed, but he did email me back today to reiterate that they are waiting to hear from the factory. He seemed to suspect a few weeks before an answer.

I'd say if you have an email in which Cagiva USA states they were told by the factory the model would have it, as quoted above, hang on to it. That's proof they were snooker'd.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 08:18 AM #3914
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 189

No compression damping adjustment????

I went to Motofit in Danbury CT, where they have the first new '08 TE610's in Connecticut. The first thing that struck me about the bike was the fact that there was no compression damping adjustment on the forks??? Did I miss something or is that the way it is? What are available solutions to this issue? The bike sounds great, the throttle response is awesome with the FI and with my 30 in inseam, I discovered that I cannot push the bike backwards with the tips of my toes. Regarding fellow vertically-challenged inseam riders like myself, sag adjustment, slide the forks up 3/4 in and a lowering link will solve the the problem sufficiently to be able to push yourself out of a parking spot without looking like a 12 yr old on daddy's dirt bike.
Timberline Enduro Club, MAINE

Old 04-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 09:34 AM #3920
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Dp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
Dennis,
who told you it had no compression damping ?
It absolutly does. I have mine set at 18 clicks.
What do think we have here a KLR ?
Trust me, you'll love this bike brother.

Frank, trust me, I already love the bike. I scrutinized the bottom of those forks, there is no compression damping adjustment that I saw. Rebound adjustment is at the top but nothing on the bottom. Mabey I'm just plain blind but I don't think so. There is a large hex nut at the base of the fork tube but I saw no +/- vernier markings anywhere on the bottom of the tubes. Remember, you have an '07. "08 owners, chime in here!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 09:47 AM #3921
buffallodan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanker
Frank, trust me, I already love the bike. I scrutinized the bottom of those forks, there is no compression damping adjustment that I saw. Rebound adjustment is at the top but nothing on the bottom. Mabey I'm just plain blind but I don't think so. There is a large hex nut at the base of the fork tube but I saw no +/- vernier markings anywhere on the bottom of the tubes. Remember, you have an '07. "08 owners, chime in here!

There may be a cap over the adjusters...

Dan

Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
mcinfantry
who... me?

Oddometer: 436
i was mildly amused to find i did not have fork compression adjusters. i was NOT amused when i removed the nut hoping against all possibility that there were adjusters hidden underneath, and shocked to see fork oil leak out from the nut.

1942 Dodge WC-53
2008 Husky TE610
mcinfantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 12:17 PM #3924
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 135

I have an 08 TE 610 and there is no compression adjuster on the bottom of my forks. When I looked for the adjuster, all I saw was the head of a rather large hex head bolt. I talked to the dealer about it and he didn't believe me until he checked it himself. He said he 'will look into it'. I'm disappointed. You'd think an $8,000 (OTD) bike would have fully adjustable suspension. I wonder how much Husqvarna saved on production costs by not having the compression adjuster? Damn bean counters, anyway.
Blame John™

Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #13
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 12:30 PM #3925
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz
I have an 08 TE 610 and there is no compression adjuster on the bottom of my forks. When I looked for the adjuster, all I saw was the head of a rather large hex head bolt. I talked to the dealer about it and he didn't believe me until he checked it himself. He said he 'will look into it'. I'm disappointed. You'd think an $8,000 (OTD) bike would have fully adjustable suspension. I wonder how much Husqvarna saved on production costs by not having the compression adjuster? Damn bean counters, anyway.

I looked at the Husky website and their description of the '08 TE 610 states there is compression and rebound adjustment front and rear. Quote: "The rear arm is the same as used on the TE 450/510 models and has a new Sachs shock absorber with compression and rebound adjustment using a redesigned link. At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping." Com'on 08 owners, look at your bikes and report in. Send pix if you can. This is a real issue for potential owners. Surely there is someone out there who has tweaked their suspensions.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

03-23-2008, 09:19 PM #3941
Beemer Pat
Euro Dirt Rider

Oddometer: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanker

From my '08 shot from the bottom of the shock. Not happy!!

From the Husky USA page.

The rear arm is the same as used on the TE 450/510 models and has a new Sachs shock absorber with compression and rebound adjustment using a redesigned link. At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping. The Brembo brakes feature a floating 4-caliper 260 mm front disc while rear braking is left to a 220 mm disc.

Life would be senseless with out music
Beemer Pat Smugmug
Rider Down
COHVCO
BlueRibbonCoalition
KTMtalk
Blame John™

Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,860
Thank goodness for the internet. I hadn't heard of this before. This is a move in the wrong direction. I've been hoping for a Husq dealer to come to my area. Now I really don't care. The 610 was the bike I was most interested in. Maybe if the suspension goes back to the "old" technology.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote