User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #226
04asphalt
08 TE610 super-newbie

Oddometer: 120
Question

I'm 225 before any gear, what spring rates will work?
5wt oil should help flow, how about the shim stack?
who did your fork re-valves and added the comp. adjusters?
04asphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #227
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,357
It is my understanding that the 610 suspension is sprung for someone of your size.
My 610 suspension is with LTR 360 871 2259 as we speak to get the full treatment. Les Tinus got the best reviews for Husky work on the left coast.You can go to his website: http://www.lt-racing.com/services.html and get an idea of the cost. He did my WR250 stuff for about 380, but springs weren't needed.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #228
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,877
http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867

Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #229
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Oddometer: 946
I just bought my TE610 a few months ago. Is Husqvarna going to help us out on this? I see the thread looks like people have given up hope. Say it ain't so Joe...
Grump
Davebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #230
Davebert
Too damn serious!

BMW says NO HELP for us.

I talked to BMW about the front fork issue and they told me to call them back in mid March so I did. They said talk to your dealer and that was that. They are offering no help. Either is the dealer.
Grump
Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #231
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump
I talked to BMW about the front fork issue and they told me to call them back in mid March so I did. They said talk to your dealer and that was that. They are offering no help. Either is the dealer.
Grump
Some of us gave up long ago and installed the adjusters ourselves, or had suspension shops do it. It's like $100 for the parts. They need a revalve and more oil flow anyway to work in the choppy bits.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #232
Davebert
Too damn serious!

Yeah, I kind of figured that. Its just that I purchased my new 2008 in December of 2008 so it was a current event for me. I told them I would be happy if they just supplied the adjustable base valves but the answer was basically NO! Oh well... I tried.
Thanks,
Grump
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #233
brisendines
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
I just bought my sm610, and last night I tried to adjust the compression- Glad to see I'm not the only one that spilled fork fluid all over the garage floor. I thought the "adjuster cover" looked a little different than it did in the manual. I sent an e-mail to my dealer, but I'm not expecting any good news. They already don't really like me!
brisendines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #234
Bluebat
Bike

Oddometer: 11
Hi everyone.
I posted my concerns on my new 09 te610 not handling correctly and wobbling at around 110km/h on the main 610 page, but I think this page are more related to my problem.
I spoke to my dealer on Thursday about the problem, but was basically told that the stock Karoo's were not design for high speeds and that I should get a road tyre.(so what is the idea of a Dual Purpose bike, with Dot approved Dual Propose tyres that can't go over 110km/h) ......
I had the same tyres on my 640 Adv and was doing 150km/h with no problems.
I found a bit of play (side ways) on the forks, but I didn't know if it was normal (i'm not a expert on forks), so I downloaded the Marzocchi manual and started to take the forks apart.
I couldn't find anything that looked suspicious. Except that the manual said that there should be some adhesive tape under the upper bush. (This will open the upper bush, giving a tighter fit and would probably stop some of the play on the forks)
I put 5wt oil in the shock and filled it to 100mm from the top.

The bike handled a lot better! Although not completely satisfied, but I could go to 130km/h before the shakes started.
On washboard I can go about 90 before the head start jumping around. (Previously 70 to 80)
The spring set seems to be fine. On more technical stuff and jumps the shocks are amassing.
So my next step is to install the comp adjusters and better valves.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the 08-09 comp adjusters, and are the pre 08 fork valves the same as the 08 -09 valves?
Bluebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #235
Zhar Johnson
n00b

Oddometer: 2
09' TE610 forks vs 09' TE610 forks and more

Hello,

Noob here. Looking at getting my hands on an 09' te610 but after reading about how bad the 08' forks are im hesitant. I am not positive if this problem has been fixed or what. So decided to ask the people that know which is you guys. Anybody can give me a straight up answer? Also what other things if any should I be concerned about when getting an 09' te610. It seems like the best dual sport as far as i can tell.
Zhar Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #236
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhar Johnson
Hello,

Noob here. Looking at getting my hands on an 09' te610 but after reading about how bad the 08' forks are im hesitant. I am not positive if this problem has been fixed or what. So decided to ask the people that know which is you guys. Anybody can give me a straight up answer? Also what other things if any should I be concerned about when getting an 09' te610. It seems like the best dual sport as far as i can tell.
If you would let a lack of adjustment keep you from getting one, you'll be able to find fatal flaws in anything you consider................
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #237
drrags
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Yeah, I'm late to the game, but I just got my 08

I just wanted to drop a line showing some pics of my conversion to adjustable compression damping. I picked up a set of used forks for dirt and they've been laying around for a bit so I thought I'd give it a shot. These are from a 2004 CR125.

I pulled the stock 610 compression damper and compared it to the ones from the 125 and the threads were the same and the shim stack looked close enough, so onward I went.

It's a direct replacement. Just unscrew the old ones and screw in the new ones. You might as well change the oil while you're at it though, like I did. I followed the advice here and left 120mm of air gap and filled with 5wt.

While I was at it, I thought "hmmm..." and replaced the springs with the springs from the 125 too. They were just a little softer. I'm 165 lbs, btw.

I took the bike out for a test ride over some bumps and potholes and stuff and the difference was totally noticeable. The forks bounced up and down but the handlebars stayed the same. It was like watching those big sand rails in the Baja races. It was great! This change was totally worth it.

drrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #238
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
2009 TE610 Fork Swap

Hey folks,

I know this is an older thread for complaints about Husky pulling the promised (and advertised) adjustable front forks, but I was hoping I might find some help here. I posted over in the general TE610 forum, but I realized this thread is fork specific. Please excuse the double post.

I am looking for some alternatives for the stock 45mm front forks on my 2009 TE610. I ave an issue with the right lower, and after getting a quote for a replacement at almost $500 - I figured it might be worth looking into adjustable swaps.

Any idea what forks might fit these triples/calipers as an easy swap? I saw the above post about the '04 CR125, but so far no luck finding those exact forks on ebay.

Any help is much appreciated.

Scott

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote