Old 04-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #46
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Yesterday, 06:00 AM #4544
crillyiv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48

As a prospective Husky buyer the issue for me is less that the forks don't have adjustable compression damping and that there was a mistake in the advertised spec's than it is how Husky handles this. It will definitely be a factor in my decision on whether to buy one or not.

Honestly, if they can't get the right forks on the bike it does make me wonder what else they may have gotten wrong now or will in the future. If they don't step up and take care of their customers in a forthright manner then I will certainly think long and hard about becoming one of their customers or not.

dis aliter vissum

Don't Panic

GSX-R1000
DS/Adventurebiketobenamedasap
Blame John™

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #47
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Yesterday, 07:56 AM #4546
Xfool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293

With well read public forums, such as this one, whatever Husky's decision is it will be well known and impact the company for a long time to come.
Blame John™

Old 04-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #48
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Yesterday, 11:59 AM #4553
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 1,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelver
I can understand cheaping out on the shock, as lots of folks eventually swap the shock out

I disagree as long as you are referring to the TE610. This is a "premium" bike and while not state of the art in all respects, it's a lot closer to it than several of the other mfg. offerings. We are paying for the performance, and when I say "paying" I don't mean just $$$, but in many cases we are giving up on having a local dealer plus we don't have near as many aftermarket parts offerings. In return for this, we expect a bike that is "on another level", stock.

There are several other bikes out there that while being great, fun bikes...they are sporting 80s or early 90s technology suspension. They do their thing, and they are what they are but the Husky is a notch above that.
Blame John™

Old 04-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #49
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Yesterday, 12:51 PM #4556
TimberlineAdventure
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
I disagree as long as you are referring to the TE610. This is a "premium" bike and while not state of the art in all respects, it's a lot closer to it than several of the other mfg. offerings. We are paying for the performance, and when I say "paying" I don't mean just $$$, but in many cases we are giving up on having a local dealer plus we don't have near as many aftermarket parts offerings. In return for this, we expect a bike that is "on another level", stock.

There are several other bikes out there that while being great, fun bikes...they are sporting 80s or early 90s technology suspension. They do their thing, and they are what they are but the Husky is a notch above that.

BRAVO Motometal.... You are right on the money about this not just being about the money.... I just spoke to someone who traveled 831 miles, one way to pick up his TE610, a few days later he realized it didn't have the adjustments they claimed. I will be over three hours from my dealer, when there are Yamaha, Kawi, Suki, Honda, B'mr dealers all within fifteen mintues. We are buying the Husky and paying the price to do so in some regards as you mentioned, but we shouldn't pay for a technological flaw.

Towboats@TownsendRE.com

Timberline Adventure Enduro Club
Portland, Maine

Cheers... Christian

TimberlineAdventure screwed with this post 04-07-2008 at 09:01 PM
Old 04-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #50
terra tamer
proud n00b

Oddometer: 112
Wtf

I'm finally ready to chime in. here is a little background. got some cash, looking for a new bike to replace my aging 2000 ktm 640 adventure. I am very excited about the new 690 enduro but hate waiting with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket. so I am resolved to wait and bide my time for the ktm 690. then a buddy said I should check out the husky te610. a bike with a great reputation (everybody loves theirs), plenty of power, new fuel injection (cool), looks tough as hell, fully adjustable suspension ( cool), MSRP $7300. (hell yeah!). I just found my new bike. called around and found my best deal 5 hours away. put my deposit down over the phone on 3-20-08. picked up my bike on 3-27-08. get home, unload, put 40 miles on the bike that afternoon. I am excited to sign in on the te610 owners thread and brag about my new bike but I am suprised to find out that there are some guys who actually can't find their compression adjustment screws (knuckleheads). go to the basement to look for myself at how easy it is to find the adjusters and to my shock and disbelief I can't find my F@&%$@G compression adjustment.
WTF HUSKY? the fully adjustable suspension did play a part in my decision to buy this bike. I will say this, even though I am upset about the forks, that is my only problem with the bike. So come on Husqvarna do the right thing and be fully deserving of every penny I gave you. the soap box is yielded.
terra tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #51
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Eh?

Terra Tamer... Thank you for writing in ! Unfortunately, you are expressing what many of us are feeling... We expect the best from Husky, certainly one up from the technology of Yamaha, Honda, etc. I currently have deposits on two '08 TE-610's, but am waiting to see what Husky does before I take delivery. In the mean time, the five month riding window up here in Maine has begun and I am riding my '77 Yamaha XT500 which boasts similar front fork technology as the 08 Husky TE-610; figure that out.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #52
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Sorry to hear about this. I had an 08 610 with my name on it, but I decided to hold onto my X for a bit longer. I hope Husky takes care of you guys on this!

If anyone needs a set of Shiver forks with Compression adjustment, I have a brand new set of take offs in my closet from the 07 06 run of bikes. PM me if your interested.

Goodluck!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #53
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Someone at the factory probably just installed the wrong base valves. I would't get too worried just yet. Husqvarna will likely ship out replacements once they get it all sorted I expect.

Also, although it doesn't make it right, I've never found compression adjusters very useful on forks and always end up having to go into the valving to make a significant improvement (I also ride a lot of rocks and am not terribly heavy so everything has too much high speed compression so far as I'm concerned and compression adjusters generally affect the low speed circuit only...).

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:48 AM   #54
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot
Someone at the factory probably just installed the wrong base valves. I would't get too worried just yet. Husqvarna will likely ship out replacements once they get it all sorted I expect. . . . .
I suspected that it could have been a build/supply error from Marzocchi cause it makes no sense for this marque to lessen quality. I'm sure there will be those within Husky that want to make it right, but they may be overridden once the bean counters learn the cost to fix the problem. If you consider dealer labor charges into the equation it will add up. Can they afford it?

If it was Marzocchi's fault then I could see where this would take a while for the two to sort out, going back and forth with one blaming the other. Who knows where this will end up, but it should be a pretty good indicator of what value Husky puts on their reputation. The information went out, deposits were taken, and bikes were delivered. I'm not quite sure what to make to the website changes, but that little "subject to change" disclaimer obviously wasn't cozy enough for them.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if this happened on the race bikes it would get fixed. No one would race the bikes w/o the adjustments and they'd look like total bafoons. What we have going against us is that this is not a bike with exposure on the world's stage of competition. We are a cult ownership that will not generate the same level of embarrassment. I'm very hopeful, but will not go into shock if nothing happens. I watched KTM piss off a lot more people than this and continue to thrive. Are you listening KTM? I'm buying a Husqvarna!

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #55
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
Has anyone called husky?
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #56
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Many of us have called our dealers and they intern have been discussing this with Husky USA. It is my intention to get 'the letter' out within days so that we have a collective voice; I dont think one phone call is going to do it, but hopefully what I am cooking will....

Old 04-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #57
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Some of us have also been emailing Cagiva US and asking what is up. So far we've been told they too were not aware of the change, haqve escalated to the factory, and are awaiting word from the boys in Italy.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #58
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I agree with mrkartoom, it's likely a supplier (Marzocchi) screw-up. Why would Husky upgrade to FI and raise the MSRP only $99 and take away a simple suspension adjustment that would save peanuts? To me, it's a question of honor on Husky's part. If they don't step up and rectify the situation then that tells me what they're made of. I'll enjoy the bike either way, but my respect must be earned.
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM   #59
ThatGuyEd
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 591
The cost wouldn't be too great on Husky's part, IMHO.

The only bikes they'd have to do something about are the 08's that were sold to the users signed into AdvRider/TT. I'd assume that the majority of owners don't know about the missing adjuster, nor do they care.

What's 10-20 sets of forks worth, compared to making hundreds, dare I say thousands, of internet users believe that Husky stands behind it's products?

It's would seem like a great investment!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #60
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyEd
The cost wouldn't be too great on Husky's part, IMHO.

The only bikes they'd have to do something about are the 08's that were sold to the users signed into AdvRider/TT. I'd assume that the majority of owners don't know about the missing adjuster, nor do they care.

What's 10-20 sets of forks worth, compared to making hundreds, dare I say thousands, of internet users believe that Husky stands behind it's products?

It's would seem like a great investment!
I think if they fix one they've got to fix them all, unless that little change to the website is their attempt at a demarcation point for liability. Maybe if they gave customers an option of getting the adjusters installed or getting husky-bucks (such a thing?) towards something else. I'm sure some would opt for the latter.

I'm not sure how many 610's they imported, but European owners seems to be in the same boat (figuratively of course ). Add 'em all up and I bet it's going to cost significantly.