ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #61
Beemer Pat

Oddometer: 2,722
I have KTM 525EXC and I can tell you that here in Colorado the compression comes in handy given that most of what I like to ride is very rocky. I hope that Husky will step up to the plate and make my 610 as much fun to ride in the rocky terrain as my 525 is. This bike was bought with two or more days on the trail riding and camping cuz the 525 just isn’t a DS bike. I just hope they find a way to give us the bikes we though we were buying.
Beemer Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #62
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Thumb 'The Letter' Update

I should have 'THE LETTER' written & ready to post here on Thursday or Friday, if anyone wants to add to it, please feel free to do so... I plan on sending it to Ed @ Husky USA on Monday & ask they he forwards it to Husky Italy. If anyone has the information of the Italian contact, send it to me & I will copy both parties. The letter will not be as detailed as I once invisioned as I now can refer them to this thead, which has far more substance. However, I will include every buyer that has contacted me along with the complaint and the reference to this thread. If anyone has any ideas, please get a hold of me asap....

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 PM   #63
Norman Foley
Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer: 278
Husky has always been very responsive in the past, so I hope you guys make out well. Remember that there is always a little * with the note that says.... "manufacturer reserve the right to change specifictions at any time without notice"
Norman

Make Haste, Slowly
Norman Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #64
Fyrmd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Foley
Husky has always been very responsive in the past, so I hope you guys make out well. Remember that there is always a little * with the note that says.... "manufacturer reserve the right to change specifictions at any time without notice"
Norman
I agree with Norman. Hopefully the letter is a request to provide what has been on the bikes before, rather than threats to their mothers.
Fyrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #65
DougRoost
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Not sure why everyone is still talking about Cagiva, whether they can afford such a recall, etc. BMW is now (or will soon be) their parent and I know they take care of their customers. The last thing they want on such an important bike is this sort of problem.

Think about it, BMW buys them just as EFI is fitted...it's a perfect launch/segue, and the last thing they need is any sort of dissent screwing it up. Besides, BMW spent a LOT more buying Husky and integrating them than this recall would cost. Heck, they could even have their broader BMW and Husky dealer network address it so give them even greater exposure to potential customers.
Austin MotoSports Association www.amsaclub.org
DougRoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #66
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Has BMW purchased Husqvarna yet? If they did or if the deal is about to close, then I should also forward a copy of the letter, etc. to BMW.

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #67
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 825
Christian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberlineAdventure
Has BMW purchased Husqvarna yet? If they did or if the deal is about to close, then I should also forward a copy of the letter, etc. to BMW.
They closed the deal back in October. I'm still torn between how this whole issue occurred: did the "new" BMW marketing geniuses go on the cheap with a calculated decision to degrade the forks or did Marzocchi supply the wrong forks? It wouldn't hurt to copy to BMW.
spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #68
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,060
This change in direction leaves me paused now in what my next purchase will be. A motorcycle company that decides to regress instead of progress has me puzzled. Husqvarna has now widened the gap between them and KTM as far as technology and helps to justify the higher price of the KTM.
Dumb move by Husky unfortunetly.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"

DockingPilot screwed with this post 04-10-2008 at 05:39 AM
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:22 AM   #69
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
I agree the letter should be a "matter of fact" sort of thing that references the fact there are a growing numbers of disgruntled and unsatisfied customers, those who have chosen to buy another color machine over this, and the negative light that this whole situation could puts Husky in, pending their course of action.

At this point we still don't know what they are or are not going to do for us and they could very well have plans to make it 100% right. We should relay the growing unrest and the need for word from the factory and a timely resolution. Point to the threads here and on TT as evidence. Later, if their response to the situation sucks then we go after their mothers. j/k!

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 AM   #70
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
This change in direction leaves me paused now in what my next purchase will be. A motorcycle company that decides to regress instead of progress has me puzzled. Husqvarna has now widened the gap between them and KTM as far as technology and helps to justifie the higher price of the KTM.
Dumb move by Husky unfortunetly.
see post #4

Old 04-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #71
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom
see post #4
How true.
Again, leaves me wondering whos at the helm here.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #72
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Even Suzuki's $5600 DRZ-400S has front adjustable compression...
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #73
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
Holy cow fellas! Let’s give them a chance to respond before we slam them in this public forum. IMO everyone that has issue with the forks should call the manufacturer (Not BMW they certainly are not to the point in the process to be handling the “fork saga.” Seeing that I do not have a 610 I haven’t Googled up the info I would need to insure the right contact but if I did I believe I could. The first guy to get through and register a complaint could post the phone number for all to call. This method would work better IMO than a letter directing them to a post on a public forum that had a bunch of people drawing conclusions on how negligent they are, man that could back fire as they might write you off as a bunch of D*cks.
I Can say that this method of a high volume calling worked with Bombardier With one of Ski-Doos issues and I hear It works with congressman once and awhile! Good Luck.
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #74
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDODB4
Holy cow fellas! Let’s give them a chance to respond before we slam them in this public forum. IMO everyone that has issue with the forks should call the manufacturer (Not BMW they certainly are not to the point in the process to be handling the “fork saga.” Seeing that I do not have a 610 I haven’t Googled up the info I would need to insure the right contact but if I did I believe I could. The first guy to get through and register a complaint could post the phone number for all to call. This method would work better IMO than a letter directing them to a post on a public forum that had a bunch of people drawing conclusions on how negligent they are, man that could back fire as they might write you off as a bunch of D*cks.
I Can say that this method of a high volume calling worked with Bombardier With one of Ski-Doos issues and I hear It works with congressman once and awhile! Good Luck.
Owners and potential owners have been talking to the dealers, who have been escalating the issue to Cagiva. We have also been going to the Husky website and using their established email contact process. I'm pretty sure they are hearing plenty about it w/o calling as well.

Pointing them to the threads should make them aware of the discussions going on in public forums. If it were me this would be incentive to get word out to the public asap. It's natural that the more time that passes in silence the more people assume the worst.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #75
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDODB4
Thanks for your valid input. The fact that they've suddenly changed the published specifications substantiates they know they have an issue. mrkartoom's point regarding the "silence" to date is the biggest disappointment to me.
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote