Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #76
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
2008 TE610 Front Forks

Timberline,

Thanks for putting this together. I am overall very happy with my new bike, I have put about 650 miles on it using it almost every day to commute and on the weekends for trips and fun in the dirt.

I bought the TE610 in part for the adjustable nature of the bike as it is my only bike. I was most unhappy to learn about a week after purchasing the bike I could not adjust the front. I found out about 60 miles into my first long ride when I went to adjust the forks when we got to some rough road. I would very much like Husqvarna to come good on this issue, it did have some bearing as to why I bought this particular bike. The 2007 I tested did have the adjustable front forks and I assumed the 2008 would as the literature at the time said it did.

If someone from Husqvarna reads this please come good on this and provide us with the adjustable forks we thought we were buying...
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #77
Daytona_Rider
You should be racing

Oddometer: 1,099
As a very potential customer for a SM610 I am very interested in the outcome here. I have a new Husky dealer (located inside the BMW dealership) in town and I really like the people/ service/ owner there, BUT I am going to hold off until they get themselves sorted. Husky may have made a mistake - HELL, even Honda does that - but I'll wait to see how they rectify it before I bite on thier bike.

Signed,

I WANT A HUSKY!

Cheers,
DR
AFM #993 Come out and support the sport of motorcyling; attend an AFM Race Weekend!

Death Valley Ride(s) Rock

Dennis Carner Memorial Ride

Death Valley Video

1991 Honda NC30 (Racing sweetness) #993
2007 R1200GS Adventure: King of the World IMHO
Daytona_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #78
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
I just got off the phone with my dealer about my new 610. Looks like next week now before my exhaust is in and I can pick it up. To my point here, while talking with him I asked him if he had heard anything yet about the forks. To my surprise he had a pretty encouraging answer.

He was told that they do indeed want to do something to make this right, but they just haven't yet figured out what. The dealer agreed with me that it would be costly to fix the forks and maybe it will be some other compensation they throw our way. Assuming this is true it looks like they will do something for us. I'd prefer fixing the forks myself, but I'm anxious to hear what's going to happen.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #79
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
Forks or a Husky T-Shirt ?

The news sounds good, but as far as I am concerned.... I want the forks fixed before I even pick up my bike. I dont have any interest in Husky
$ Bucks $ if there is such a thing so that I can go buy a T-Shirt or some wax. What do you guys think?

P.S. I just spent the last three hours riding my XT500 in the deep, nasty mud up here in Maine. Absolute Paradise to be back on the bike and it is pressing 60 degrees up here. The trails were literally flowing rivers, snow, mud.... more mud, no dry dirt anywhere. @ one piont in the ride, I had water up above my knees. My brother went down on his brand new XR650, but the old girl kept on going. Must say, the XT500 is one of the best bikes ever made.... I would post a picture, but I may tie someone's panties in a knot as it is an old Yamie, not a HooseVarna.... Keep the dirty side UP !

Once we are through this fork issue, lets start talking about "Maine THUMPAH 08", the first of the annual Husky rides up here in Maine.

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm

TimberlineAdventure screwed with this post 04-10-2008 at 02:30 PM
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #80
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 825
Christian

The more I think about it, the more PISSED I get. Husky is doing this all wrong. They know they have a fundamental problem with the front end by virtue of this web site, inquiries by their reps AND by virtue of the fact that they changed their website midstream by removing any mention of fork adjustability, essentially covering their butts with future sales for the near-term. This problem is a month old, the new riding season has started and it's prime-time to buy a motorcycle. Husky has given NO DIRECTION to their dealers or reps. They should send a technical bulletin to ALL DEALERS, ALL REPS AND ALL CURRENT OWNERS, addressing the issue; good, bad or indifferent. They sold a bill of goods that was patently FALSE. HUSQVARNA USA, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING???
spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #81
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 2,001
Wow. I was pretty excited about this bike... till now. :(

Question: are existing parts available to refit this at the dealer level? Could Dealer X say "Send me an 08 TE610 and the 07 front suspension please?" I mean, is everything on the shelf waiting to be swapped?

Anders
Old 04-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #82
GS_AP
Wanna be Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green

Question: are existing parts available to refit this at the dealer level? Could Dealer X say "Send me an 08 TE610 and the 07 front suspension please?" I mean, is everything on the shelf waiting to be swapped?

Anders
I had pretty much decided this was going to be my 2nd bike until I found this thread. No way I can see myself pulling the trigger now. How do you knowingly buy an '08 that has lesser pieces than the '07?!!! What the hell was Husky thinking?
GS_AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 AM   #83
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Christian and I are working on a draft letter to send to Cagiva USA. I spoke with my dealer in CT yesterday; he is 100% behind our efforts and will be talking to Ed (Cagiva rep) today, will tell him to expect this correspondence, and will ask him to forward it to the highest level of corporate. I do not believe this is a futile effort and will result in positive change. The letter may be a small sample of prospective owners but the letter will contain reference to advrider.com, with literally, a world-wide audience. Cagiva would be incredibly stupid not to respect that.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #84
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,383
Good work fellas.
Cagiva should understand that riders of this caliber of bike, do not expect subsequent model years to regress in technology. That is a sure way to swing buyers to all things orange.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #85
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,704
Cagiva is still the importer and distributor for Husky sales in the USA, BMW is still ramping up and not in any position to handle customer service issues at this point. It will be end of summer before BMW (the new Husqvarna USA) will be distributing and 100% in control of Husky in the USA and to make things easy I bet we see 09 models within a month or two after the new Husqvarna USA is up and running.

So long story short,...BMW owns Husky, however does not control customer service or distribution in the USA for another few months. BMW AG probably had very little to do with any of the 08 snafu's as there are just now a bunch of BMW auditors/supervisors showing up in the Italian factories to ensure product quality for the future products.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #86
WR_guy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Cagiva is still the importer and distributor for Husky sales in the USA, BMW is still ramping up and not in any position to handle customer service issues at this point. It will be end of summer before BMW (the new Husqvarna USA) will be distributing and 100% in control of Husky in the USA and to make things easy I bet we see 09 models within a month or two after the new Husqvarna USA is up and running.

So long story short,...BMW owns Husky, however does not control customer service or distribution in the USA for another few months. BMW AG probably had very little to do with any of the 08 snafu's as there are just now a bunch of BMW auditors/supervisors showing up in the Italian factories to ensure product quality for the future products.
I think you may be making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

Has anyone actually ridden the bike with the unadjustable forks compared to the old forks? The old "adjustable" forks were so harsh that everyone rode with the compression clickers almost all the way out anyway. I know I did...even on the MX track. When the clicker is almost all the way out changing it a few clicks in does not change much.
The old forks need to be revalved anyway.

Frankly, if the new forks are valved correctly this time it would be a net gain to loose the compression clickers.
WR_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #87
kirkmoon
Making up for lost youth

Oddometer: 8,909
Don't overstate your case, guys. You've already made your case. The relevant parties undoubtedly understand the situation. Wait to see what Cagiva USA is able to come up with.

In the meanwhile, enjoy your bikes. You still have one of the best all around dual sport machines made.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #88
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,383
Yea, but I'll bet my bike that they are not.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #89
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_guy
I think you may be making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

Has anyone actually ridden the bike with the unadjustable forks compared to the old forks? The old "adjustable" forks were so harsh that everyone rode with the compression clickers almost all the way out anyway. I know I did...even on the MX track. When the clicker is almost all the way out changing it a few clicks in does not change much.
The old forks need to be revalved anyway.

Frankly, if the new forks are valved correctly this time it would be a net gain to loose the compression clickers.
A matter of individual perspective for sure; If I bought a bike, regardless of color, that was alleged to have fully adjustable front suspension by virtue of the website owners manual description and it did not, I would be smokin' hot about it.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #90
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green

Anders
Actually, if you can find a set of Take offs from a Husky dealer, you could just swap them. I bought two sets of 06/07 TE 610 forks for my X Challenge
pretty easily, but I think they are all gone now.

Anyone need a set of TE forks