Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #91
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,865
I'm waiting to see what happens before I draw my conclusions. Does the '08 brochure claim the adjusters are on the 610? I'm afraid that BMW will raise the prices and put the Huskys out reach pricewise. Can't deal with an individual anymore, all bikes have become "superstores" with towering overheads. Like a car dealer, cold and impersonal. Whatever happend to the one man enthusiast shops? It used to be nice when the guy selling the bikes rode and raced them. Now it's more like you deal with someone that isn't as interested as you are, they are there for a paycheck.
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #92
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
That's not really true regarding bike shops. The shop I deal with absolutely rocks, the owner/manager is a former AMA pro champion and quite possibly the nicest guy you'll ever meet. So far they just sell honda and kawasaki so not a lot of use for this thread, but its an example of a shop that has amazing customer service

Anyway, I don't think it does anyone any good to get too worked up over this. Chances are husqvarna will do something and in the end its one little clicker that most folks won't know what to do with anyway. Anyway, my advice is relax, ride, have fun and don't worry too much:)

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #93
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Atlanta
Cagiva is still the importer and distributor for Husky sales in the USA, BMW is still ramping up and not in any position to handle customer service issues at this point. It will be end of summer before BMW (the new Husqvarna USA) will be distributing and 100% in control of Husky in the USA and to make things easy I bet we see 09 models within a month or two after the new Husqvarna USA is up and running.

So long story short,...BMW owns Husky, however does not control customer service or distribution in the USA for another few months. BMW AG probably had very little to do with any of the 08 snafu's as there are just now a bunch of BMW auditors/supervisors showing up in the Italian factories to ensure product quality for the future products.
Apparently BMW is already approaching the Husky folks in the US and asking what needs to be done to be "better" at service, support, etc. so says my dealer. Well funny thing you mentioned that.

Step #1: Address the fork issue to customer's satisfaction.
Step #2: Fire the dummy that caused Step #1 to be necessary.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #94
TimberlineAdventure OP
Maine Thumpah

Oddometer: 380
A BIG thanks to Dennis (Spanker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanker
Christian and I are working on a draft letter to send to Cagiva USA. I spoke with my dealer in CT yesterday; he is 100% behind our efforts and will be talking to Ed (Cagiva rep) today, will tell him to expect this correspondence, and will ask him to forward it to the highest level of corporate. I do not believe this is a futile effort and will result in positive change. The letter may be a small sample of prospective owners but the letter will contain reference to advrider.com, with literally, a world-wide audience. Cagiva would be incredibly stupid not to respect that.
Dennis, Thanks so much for helping me with this... Just to keep everyone in the loop, I would imagine that Dennis and myself will get 'The Letter' out by the end of the week.... Everyone owes Dennis a thanks as I could not have done this without his efforts... The shit hit the fan @ work and luckily Dennis has come to my rescue...

Husqvarna '08 TE-610 Front Fork Thread Only
http://rickramsey.net/TE610mods.htm
TimberlineAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #95
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom
Apparently BMW is already approaching the Husky folks in the US and asking what needs to be done to be "better" at service, support, etc. so says my dealer. Well funny thing you mentioned that.

Step #1: Address the fork issue to customer's satisfaction.
Step #2: Fire the dummy that caused Step #1 to be necessary.

correct they are taking what they can from Cagiva's experiences and moving forward. But it's much bigger then some misrepresented forks on a TE610, it's about everything involved in the distribution, sale, aftersales and service of Husky's in the USA market. Again, BMW will take over distribution soon enough, in the mean time they want to learn and improve with what little time they have before taking it all on themselves. For the mean time it's Cagiva's ball to bounce and the new Husqvarna USA will help where they can however they can.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #96
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 825
Letter To Husqvarna, Comments Solicitied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberlineAdventure
Dennis, Thanks so much for helping me with this... Just to keep everyone in the loop, I would imagine that Dennis and myself will get 'The Letter' out by the end of the week.... Everyone owes Dennis a thanks as I could not have done this without his efforts... The shit hit the fan @ work and luckily Dennis has come to my rescue...
Christian et al,
Per Christian's post, here is the letter to Husqvarna (Ed Perry, regional distribution rep) via my local dealer in CT (MOTOFIT). Mike Mahoney is the dealership owner who is vitally interested in this issue; he is offering us full support. Christian and I have tried to capture everyone's comments, provide the facts with as little emotion as possible, although we know buying a bike is an emotional issue. We are soliciting comments for 24 hours, as the urgency of this issue is paramount and we want this letter out of here ASAP. I will add all the new and prospective owner information before it goes out.

Sir/Madame:

As prospective ’08 TE-610 owners, we observed back in March that compression damping adjustability, which was present on the ’07 model, does not exist on the ’08 model Marzocchi front forks. Full adjustability was touted on the Husqvarna USA website, as was the feature fully explained in the ’08 owners manual.

Mr. DiMarco posted this observation on www.advrider.com, in the TE-610 owners thread. There was an immediate backlash of negative response from new bike owners, who discovered that they were sold a “bill of goods” and did not get the feature they thought they were buying. Christian (last name) has subsequently started a new thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329169), where new and prospective owners comments about the fork issue are posted. Note that advrider.com is arguably the premier web site for TE-610 owners and adventure riders in the U.S. and possibly worldwide, with thousands of Husky and other brand owners reading this website daily. To say this issue is getting a lot of attention is an understatement.

The Husqvarna community is well aware of the terrific improvements to the ’08 model, such as fuel injection, 360-watt alternator and 6-speed transmission; there are already reports of 60-mpg mileage figures. To leap forward with these improvements and digress backward to a sub-standard fork with rebound damping only, is unconscionable. Most owners are saying, “just give us back what we had, and we’ll be happy.”

At some point, Husqvarna changed the ’08 TE 610 website description from “At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks with adjustable compression and rebound damping” to “At the front is a pair of Marzocchi 45 mm inverted forks.” The connotation of this revision is entirely negative. Has Husqvarna taken compression adjustability completely off the table as a result of a calculated cost-cutting measure or was there a gross miscommunication between Marzocchi and Husqvarna regarding what to outfit the bike with? Is there intent to provide a back-fit of some kind to provide adjustability? REGARDLESS, Husqvarna has not notified current ’08 owners or dealers with any official correspondence other than to say “we’re looking into it,” as we have discovered from our local dealers. Husqvarna has been, in our view, unresponsive.

It is already mid-April; the riding season is short for New Englanders and others in cold climates elsewhere. Prospective buyers want to purchase NOW! We have an expectation of Husqvarna being a premier, needs-no-improvement motorcycle to compete with any brand in the adventure bike category. Prospective owners are prepared to pay a premium to get what they want. If it means buying an “orange bike” to get fully adjustable suspension, defections to that brand are inevitable.

We want Husqvarna to succeed with their new models because we believe in the name and the product. We want our local dealers to prosper and fill their showrooms with Husky products. However, prospective owners like us are subsequently withholding our purchase decision because there is no direction forthcoming from Husqvarna USA at the present time. It is unrealistic for Husqvarna to ask the community to compromise their expectations to perpetuate the marque. Prospective buyers will not sit and watch the riding season erode while waiting for “corporate” to make a move.

Collectively, we ask Husqvarna to act immediately regarding this issue, irrespective of all the challenges associated with the transition to BMW; give your buyers full fork adjustability, keep your loyal customer base and build a whole new cadre of ’08 TE-610 owners. The urgency of this issue CANNOT be overstated.

Dennis and Christian

spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #97
Anders Green
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 2,001
Excellent letter. I sent you my name and address if you're looking for additional signatures to put on the bottom.

Anders
Old 04-16-2008, 06:13 AM   #98
Beemer Pat

Oddometer: 2,722
the letter covers everything that I would have put in. Its polite, but lets them know the urgency of getting something done about this. Its been almost a month now and still nothing. I hope the letter will get a response cuz I still have not heard anything from my dealer or Husky.
Beemer Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #99
bass_on_tap
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,295
letter

I want to thank Mike Mahoney and Motofit as a dealer for stepping up to the plate, I have used them in the past and have high praise for them. My dealer doesn't seem to care. They were not aware of the issue until I told them and afterwards seemed to be uninterested in my complaint or finding a solution. Time for a new dealer! If I had only know about Motofit before putting down my $.
bass_on_tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #100
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Good on the letter you guys. Thanks for doing it.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #101
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
A heartfelt thanks for your efforts on "the letter". If I'm not mistaken, the '07 had a 6-speed tranny (not an '08 improvement).
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #102
spanker
bada bing, capiche?

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nice
A heartfelt thanks for your efforts on "the letter". If I'm not mistaken, the '07 had a 6-speed tranny (not an '08 improvement).
Thanks, I stand corrected.
spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #103
Fyrmd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I appreciate your efforts on this project, the letter looks good for the most part. The only comment I will make, is I see a lot of "prospective owner". I am a current owner and I am not happy either. I really like the bike, at my riding level I probably will never realize the difference in the shocks. But they should be aware that many of us purchased these bikes somewhat on the Husky reputation for quality and innovations and are now wondering if we got screwed. I just called the dealer and bought this bike without even seeing it first or a test drive. They are in jeopardy of losing this trust if they do not address the fork issue, especially to those who have already spent their money.
People that are satisfied with a major purcase will tell 3 people, while those that are dissatisfied will tell 11 people. 96% of these disgruntled customers will never tell the company. They have the potential to lose a lot of existing and new customers if they do not address this issue in some way.
Thanks again for the work, sorry for the rant.
Dennis
Fyrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #104
Captain Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by WR_guy
I think you may be making a bigger deal out of this than it is.

Has anyone actually ridden the bike with the unadjustable forks compared to the old forks? The old "adjustable" forks were so harsh that everyone rode with the compression clickers almost all the way out anyway. I know I did...even on the MX track. When the clicker is almost all the way out changing it a few clicks in does not change much.
The old forks need to be revalved anyway.

Frankly, if the new forks are valved correctly this time it would be a net gain to loose the compression clickers.
Never rode an '07, but my '08 forks are pretty stiff (I'm 190# w/o gear).
Captain Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #105
metalwrath
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I'll second that...I'm 205lbs sans gear and the front end shakes my teeth loose on washboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nice
Never rode an '07, but my '08 forks are pretty stiff (I'm 190# w/o gear).