User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 07:57 AM   #1
Goosy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
KTM 530exc motor rebuild.

I have a unique opportunity here to have my newly purchased '08 530EXC's engine rebuilt at no cost to me. I won the bike on eBay at a good price but the owner did not disclose oil pump issues and so eBays buyer protection plan has stepped in to pay for a rebuild after talks failed attempting to have the seller buy the bike back.

The bike is currently at a KTM dealer in SC. The dealer could simply fix the oil pump through the clutch cover but has stated to eBay he won't stand behind the work unless he rebuilds the entire engine, top-end, crank, etc. because we don't know the extent of damage done by the PO running the bike with the oil transfer problem.

So my question here is, knowing now that the 2008's had this problem and the dealer saying he will build it back in stock configuration; is there a better solution to the original oil pump design that I should tell the dealer to investigate? I have heard talk of an upgraded pump mod and also something about merging the two pumps into one. Any advice towards this issue or any thoughts on other upgrades or improvements while we're in there would be greatly appreciated.
Goosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #2
JesperDenmark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
See this:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697495
JesperDenmark is offline   Reply With Quote