Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 PM   #17881
mcbroom
Tame Thrillseeker

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
I'm running 13/47 and I don't get all scientific about it, but I keep just about 1/2" clearance between the top of the chain and the bottom of the swingarm. Seems to work for me.
Thanks Krabill, not having to get too scientific about it is pretty much what I wanted to hear. My problem with all MC maintenance is that it's hard to tell which numbers are to be taken accurately and which ones are sort of ball park instructions. The reason why I took the chain tension thing up is that I'm getting some shining on the outer side of the chain so it must be rubbing against something. The only possibility seems to be the chain tensioner. I'll have to re-check but I'm pretty sure I've got about 1/2" of clearance with the bike on the side stand. So what's the problem?

I noticed that my chain goes very close to the Sandman case saver too but does not quite touch. I don't understand how some people have managed to fit a 14 tooth sprocket with the saver.
mcbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #17882
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
Not a bad showing for the oldest guy on the smallest bike

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=94

Congratulations!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #17883
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,662
Quote:

A feat beyond comprehension for those not familiar with that area & terrian. 10% the bike & 90% the rider Incredible ride Chris

AZ TOM screwed with this post 10-13-2010 at 07:06 AM
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #17884
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,463
Quote:

Less than 5 hours out of FIRST!!! If you hadn't stopped to take a nap each day, you woulda won it old man!

Me, personally, I would have been a DNF. "Don't Know Frak"!

Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #17885
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,657
Quote:

Way to go!

Sarah
Old 10-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #17886
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXu
I noticed that my chain goes very close to the Sandman case saver too but does not quite touch. I don't understand how some people have managed to fit a 14 tooth sprocket with the saver.
MiXu,
If you didn't do it while installing, loosen all the bolts a bit and then, as you tighten the two front bolts one at a time, push/hold the case saver towards the case. There is a little play there and if you just tighten the bolts while the case saver naturally sits, you are giving up some sprocket/chain clearance.

Crawdaddy,
Nice work. The charts made for an interesting read.
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #17887
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Revloc clutch (original) ordered!

I spoke with Alan today. Super nice guy and very informative just as others have said.

Alan said that they are once again testing the DynaRing clutch on a couple of WRR's. They aren't selling those widespread yet for the WRR's until they have some more miles on them to prove them out.

It sounds like the newest version of the DynaRing (currently being tested) is working well so far..

I went ahead and ordered the Original Revloc clutch version. Sounds like it will ship in about a week!

I'll return my basket and other parts after that for the core charge refund. So the outlay is $895 now with $300 coming back to me after I get the core parts back to Alan.

I coulda' obtained a small discount going through another good company who operates as a dealer for Revloc, but Alan said the core charge is simpler this way. He said he'd give me free shipping on it. Much appreciated!

Now to address the bump start issue... coupla' ideas on that.

BigFeet
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #17888
jonb
Montana Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Revloc-Big Feet

I spoke with Alan too. Great guy. I am going to wait for the Dyna Ring. I don't mind the adjustment inconvenience if it works the way i am told. Its a matter of adjusting the clutch at the lever before a long high speed run.
Can do.
Hope he can make his final adjustments and get them on the market soon. I like the way Alan/ Revloc does business. They/He knows their product, he invented it, and you are talking to "the man" instead of a newby clerk.
Good luck with the clutch.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #17889
BigFeet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb
I spoke with Alan too. Great guy. I am going to wait for the Dyna Ring. I don't mind the adjustment inconvenience if it works the way i am told. Its a matter of adjusting the clutch at the lever before a long high speed run.
Can do.
Hope he can make his final adjustments and get them on the market soon. I like the way Alan/ Revloc does business. They/He knows their product, he invented it, and you are talking to "the man" instead of a newby clerk.
Good luck with the clutch.
Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the info.. good to know!

-feet
Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #17890
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
ride report.. utah

I've got it started.. but i'm taking my wife to the airport this evening, & will be busy for a few days.. don't know if i can get back to it until later. The Birthday Ride needs my full attention. I'll tremble & won't be able to type when i'm relaying what happened on that ride..

Here's the link:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628587

rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #17891
D1EHARD
Got the Fever

Oddometer: 87
Quick Queston

Quick Question guys...

I have purchased a Trail Tech 8" race light....gonna work on the install as time permits... but, this bad boy has two yellow wires coming off the light...the bike has 2 yellow, 2 black, and one green. I have no clue which wires go where...

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!

D1EHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #17892
BigFeet
Banned

ride report.. utah

Scotty,

Cool video! It's definitely like an alien landscape.

Larry
Old 10-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #17893
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1EHARD
The bike has 2 yellow, 2 black, and one green. I have no clue which wires go where...

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks!
IIRC the green wire is power. I'm guessing yellow is hi/low and black is ground. Use a tester first.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #17894
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Oddometer: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble
IIRC the green wire is power. I'm guessing yellow is hi/low and black is ground. Use a tester first.
According to the Factory wiring diagram:

Black = Ground/negative/common

Green = Low beam Positive/power

Yellow = High beam Positive/power

Confirm with tester
Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #17895
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1EHARD
I have purchased a Trail Tech 8" race light....gonna work on the install as time permits... but, this bad boy has two yellow wires coming off the light...the bike has 2 yellow, 2 black, and one green. I have no clue which wires go where...
Is my assumption correct that the Trailtech 8" lights have only one setting? No high/low beam, correct? If that is the case, you will wire it to either your high or low beam and then only that position will give you all of your light. The other position will cut power to the light so you won't have any light.

Another WR was running either the 8" trailtech or the 8" baja mainly offroad, but occasionally on the street and said they didn't get flashed very often for it being too bright, but that must be when the light was aimed pretty low. My guess is that when adjusted for putting the most light to the road and down the road, you will be blinding other drives. And with now "low beam" as a backup, offroad and/or very deserted roads will be about the only courteous places to ride (unless you point it down so low that it's not really doing what it was made for which is flooding everything in light).

I have to say, thought, that the pictures of that WR fitted with the 8" light looked absolutely fantastic.

Chadx screwed with this post 10-13-2010 at 09:43 PM
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote