ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #18361
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman
 
HardWorkingDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Walnut Crick, Cal.
Oddometer: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble
The new one looked the same to me.
I'm probably wrong then...

I just spent about 30 minutes searching through the thread and I can't find it. I remembered seeing photos of old and new but can't find it. Various combinations of fuel pump replace compare site:advrider.com inurl:"t=329337" and still nothing. I have an overactive imagination I guess.
__________________
"Coffee first..."

Next Trip: the Nevada-Utah-Arizona 3 step (hoping, DingWeed)...


"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #18362
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer
 
Nice_Rumble's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: New London, NH
Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog
I'm probably wrong then...

I just spent about 30 minutes searching through the thread and I can't find it. I remembered seeing photos of old and new but can't find it. Various combinations of fuel pump replace compare site:advrider.com inurl:"t=329337" and still nothing. I have an overactive imagination I guess.
I think Krabill disassembled his to see if just the actual pump itself could be replaced, thus it looked different. It's visually the same, pump for pump. Internally, who knows. I don't even hear a difference. LOL. What do I care as long as it works. When in doubt, replace it. Cheap insurance.
__________________
Friend us on Facebook to learn about up coming 2014 DARC Adventure rides in Vermont.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212396922304662/

Promote responsible trail riding and trail stewardship.

Nice_Rumble screwed with this post 11-10-2010 at 09:03 AM
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #18363
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,042
I put pictures in my pump replacement post - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16622
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #18364
kawagumby
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: California
Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog
most owners who have replaced on '08 pump say that they sound differently. .
My replacement pump sounded so different, I thought the new one was a bad part. But it wasn't. Makes me wonder if the original pumps that sounded so different might be the one's that were prone to eventual failure.
__________________
the true tragedy of our times -
human overpopulation is destroying the 2-stroke
kawagumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #18365
Venkman
Adventurer
 
Venkman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Oddometer: 57
Giant Loop Coyote blemished discount.

This bag gets great reviews on the R2 but is a little out of budget for some like me. This makes it perfect though.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/t...te-bags/Detail
__________________
2008 WR250R
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #18366
NeilW
SomeAssemblyRequired
 
NeilW's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 73
howlin' mad deal on the GL Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman
This bag gets great reviews on the R2 but is a little out of budget for some like me. This makes it perfect though.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/t...te-bags/Detail
At the MSRP of $329, it was holding a top spot on my wishlist, but I haven't been ready to cough up the coin for it. When I saw this ad today for $217 for a blem, I coughed up the coin without even blinking.

I wanted to make sure I got mine before you all snapped them up

P.S. I got the yellow, didn't want to get orange and look like some kind of KTM refugee.
__________________
aka Boondocker
Uncommonly Sensible
Goler Canyon ride
'08 WR250R
2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré
NeilW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #18367
Venkman
Adventurer
 
Venkman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilW
P.S. I got the yellow, didn't want to get orange and look like some kind of KTM refugee.
I got yellow also even though I like the orange better. Support the home team!

The worst thing is I just ordered a new bag from them last week and it isn't even here yet. Since I paid their full price and got free shipping I figure it is still a big savings to send the first one back and just buy the blemished one.
__________________
2008 WR250R
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #18368
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic
 
malibu_dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
I put pictures in my pump replacement post - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16622
I sometimes have to remind these guys that they have a website to archive this stuff on...

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-gui...8-fuel-pump-rr

__________________
Follow me over here >>> WRRDualSport.com <<<
malibu_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #18369
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Krabill's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Oddometer: 4,042
Sometimes we're (okay . . . "I'm") a little slow
__________________
Loud Sucks!
www.wrrdualsport.com
www.designatedvaping.com <- for all your electronic cigarette needs
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #18370
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)
 
tonymorr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Malta, NY
Oddometer: 2,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman
This bag gets great reviews on the R2 but is a little out of budget for some like me. This makes it perfect though.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/t...te-bags/Detail
Thanks Venkman, I was seriously thinking about ordering one of these this week and then this popped up. You the man Yellow one ordered...
__________________
2013 Multistrada 1200ST - 2013 Piaggio BV350 "Beverly"
- 2011 Husaberg FE 390 - 2014 Honda Grom "Napoleon"
'07 Mutant Ninja II (sold)click for build report 2008 Yamaha WR290R (sold-not sure why)
tonymorr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #18371
Dastard
Just another guy
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: wherever I am told to be
Oddometer: 576
Any body do anything like this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=622796&page=2
for the WR?

I want some wind protection but don't want one of those cheap windscreens. I realize it would need to attach to the forks as we don't have the fairing like the BMW, but anchoring it to the front upper fork pinch bolts might work? What about the tabs the number plate attaches too? I have thought about reinforcing the front number plate with fierglass to allow a windshield like the one seen on britannia composits. Or just making my own pattern, mold, then the final piece out of ficerglass.

Part of me wants to build one just to try and build something and learn about fiberglass.

Thoughts?

D
__________________
WR250R converted to X
S10 (the faster, sexier, more awesome BLACK one). Its like a mustache, with titties!!
Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #18372
BMacW650
.
 
BMacW650's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Troy Michigan
Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman
This bag gets great reviews on the R2 but is a little out of budget for some like me. This makes it perfect though.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/t...te-bags/Detail
I rarely read this thread. It's my lucky day I so happend to read the update email today.

THANKS!!!
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #18373
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic
 
malibu_dan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard
I have thought about reinforcing the front number plate with fierglass to allow a windshield like the one seen on britannia composits. Or just making my own pattern, mold, then the final piece out of ficerglass.

D
The guy at Britannia did one for the WRR/X

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html (scroll down)
__________________
Follow me over here >>> WRRDualSport.com <<<
malibu_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #18374
Stormy Weather
skier turned bike nut
 
Stormy Weather's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: SLC
Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard
Any body do anything like this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=622796&page=2
for the WR?

I want some wind protection but don't want one of those cheap windscreens. I realize it would need to attach to the forks as we don't have the fairing like the BMW, but anchoring it to the front upper fork pinch bolts might work? What about the tabs the number plate attaches too? I have thought about reinforcing the front number plate with fierglass to allow a windshield like the one seen on britannia composits. Or just making my own pattern, mold, then the final piece out of ficerglass.

Part of me wants to build one just to try and build something and learn about fiberglass.

Thoughts?

D

Something like this:http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html

I know they make one for the wrr and if you search around in here Mr. Fisherman posted up some pics. He also has a build thread on the wrr forum.

edit: 205'd...... not quite fast enough;)
__________________
08 wr250r (the best little adventure bike)
94 Katana (not running in the garage)
Stormy Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #18375
Dastard
Just another guy
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: wherever I am told to be
Oddometer: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan
The guy at Britannia did one for the WRR/X

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/lynx.html (scroll down)
Right, but I don't have $500 for one. Would reinforcing the headlight cowling/number plate with fiberglass strengthen it enough to attach a similar windscreen?
__________________
WR250R converted to X
S10 (the faster, sexier, more awesome BLACK one). Its like a mustache, with titties!!
Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014