My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #31682
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
I have read through the manual and it didn't really answer my question. Let's say it's calibrated at 5% but I need it to be 8%. Could I just add 3% more to it or would I need to clear it and just put in 8%?
I will need to do the same to mine soon when I change from a 13/47 to 14/50 set up. This question might seem strange but I bought the bike with the spedo healer already installed and adjusted, but I have no idea where it is on the bike or how to adjust it? Any help?
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #31683
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd View Post
I've never even looked at the bolt in question and my wrr is sitting at a hair under 44,000 miles. Never had that much trouble with oil changes either though... pour in the first quart and a quarter of the second, top off as needed to get the oil level between the lines.

I was wondering when someone would someone would chime in on how to put oil in your bike. Really pretty easy and basic............ like you said.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #31684
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post

I was wondering when someone would someone would chime in on how to put oil in your bike. Really pretty easy and basic............ like you said.
Wow this is like a game of telephone. I ask 1.30L vs 1.40L and it turns into how do I put oil in the bike.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #31685
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
Well, its neither. And both. Sometimes. Depends on how much you drained out in the end after all.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #31686
Longboardr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
I will need to do the same to mine soon when I change from a 13/47 to 14/50 set up. This question might seem strange but I bought the bike with the spedo healer already installed and adjusted, but I have no idea where it is on the bike or how to adjust it? Any help?
If it's a SpeedoDRD you're looking for this.

You'll find it either under your seat or behind the left side number plate, same side your battery is on.

There is an instruction sheet link and a video link at the bottom of the 12oclockLabs webpage.

Longboardr screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 09:11 PM
Longboardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #31687
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_ View Post
Wow this is like a game of telephone. I ask 1.30L vs 1.40L and it turns into how do I put oil in the bike.
Sorry................. I was drunk. I'm so old.......... I had to Google "game of telephone"
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #31688
KaanDuro
n00b

Oddometer: 7
New Owner

Hi guys,

I've been riding an XT for more than a year and experienced all possible conditions from rocky single tracks to long freeway rides. It served me well but the weight was giving me troubles so I started searching something lighter.

Long story short, I narrowed my choices to KLX and WR. Tested KLX on the highway and off-road. The power was lacking obviously, especially compared to XT. Last weekend I took a WR for a ride and 30-40 km of dirt and road riding was enough for me to make a decission. This baby is now mine :)

What I love the most is the insanely high RPM engine. It keeps running, running and running ! I've done 300+ km so far. This machine is clearly the best one I have ever owned
KaanDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #31689
thesurvivalist
Backcountry Rider

Oddometer: 549
Does the wr250r require premium gas and how does the bike perform on highways at high altitude?
thesurvivalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #31690
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesurvivalist View Post
Does the wr250r require premium gas and how does the bike perform on highways at high altitude?
It'll run on anything, but gets best mileage with 90+ octane. Regarding altitude, the bike is fuel injected so it runs well atop the high passes, but it definitely is noticeably more powerful below 5000'. Phoenix is about 2000' where I keep the bike. Quite lively there but I am generally going north from the valley to where it is 5000'-7000'.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 AM   #31691
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,113
Welcome KaanDuro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaanDuro View Post
Hi guys,

I've been riding an XT for more than a year and experienced all possible conditions from rocky single tracks to long freeway rides. It served me well but the weight was giving me troubles so I started searching something lighter.

Long story short, I narrowed my choices to KLX and WR. Tested KLX on the highway and off-road. The power was lacking obviously, especially compared to XT. Last weekend I took a WR for a ride and 30-40 km of dirt and road riding was enough for me to make a decission. This baby is now mine :)

What I love the most is the insanely high RPM engine. It keeps running, running and running ! I've done 300+ km so far. This machine is clearly the best one I have ever owned
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #31692
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,972
Quote:
This question might seem strange but I bought the bike with the spedo healer already installed and adjusted
Me too

Quote:
but I have no idea where it is on the bike
Mine is under the right side cover.

Quote:
or how to adjust it? Any help?
I am waiting to finish with tire and gearing changes to mess with it, so I'm no help, unless you need a copy of the instructions (mine is a Speedohealer V4).
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #31693
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,077
Quote:
If it's actually a Speedohealer, this might be some help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMyL_g5XfwA

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #31694
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboardr View Post
If it's a SpeedoDRD you're looking for this.

You'll find it either under your seat or behind the left side number plate, same side your battery is on.

There is an instruction sheet link and a video link at the bottom of the 12oclockLabs webpage.
Ah,thanks mate,I do believe I remember seeing that over near my battery,I'll be looking for it first thing tomorrow.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #31695
blown7.3lps
Brian

Oddometer: 647
Just got this bike a while back, have not been riding much but want to change the oil. Yamaha tells me there is an oil filter. So I bought the real small paper filter and 2 qrts of oil and I see the drain plug and the fill cap, but were does the filter go?
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote