Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #35521
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...reading so much about the MT43, now I want one damn ye Utah!
Anyone got a Motorcyle Superstore coupon code???
They're doing away with the coupons in favor of a buyer reward program. In any case, the 10% coupons typically exclude tires. They did have a 5% coupon for Pirelli tires last month, but it's expired now.
cjbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #35522
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
...reading so much about the MT43, now I want one damn ye Utah!
Anyone got a Motorcyle Superstore coupon code???
I thought you were selling?

So the other day when I was putting the chain back together, I realized (it was a lot like banging my head on the wall) that I had a clip-link master rather than rivet. Rivet tool doesn't work very well on those, I think I may have broken my 3/8ths ratchet - plus I have a sore neck that I can't figure out where it came from - PLUS, I can only look at the bike and not ride

The new master links should be here today, and I'll finally be able to get the bike buttoned up for a long time. Tomorrow I'll get to check out this tire. I have been able to ride it around town a bit, and I don't know if it's the new tires or the new ultra-duty tubes, but I feel like the center of mass is lower. I don't know what this means and won't I guess until I get off the pavement.

Oh, and of course, while working on the bike the other day I came in to make a cup of coffee and the burr grinder starting making a weird noise. I took apart the basket and found a freaking rock in there which broke the drive shaft - another $100 bux out the window. I need to spend less and ride more.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #35523
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,012
...selling...what!?! ...well no one's come up with the ubercash and...

If you rode around town on the new tires and HD tubes you are probably feeling the weight plus the rolling resistance. I'm here to say swapping tires on this bike make a big change, not necessarily positive, but different at any rate.
I want to hear about it...

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #35524
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
...selling...what!?! ...well no one's come up with the ubercash and...

If you rode around town on the new tires and HD tubes you are probably feeling the weight plus the rolling resistance. I'm here to say swapping tires on this bike make a big change, not necessarily positive, but different at any rate.
I want to hear about it...
You know you will :) Whether or not my opinion makes any difference is another story.

So on my new chain, it comes coated in a waxy feeling substance. Do I strip that and use my own lube, or just leave it be for a few hundred miles?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #35525
johnlt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Just ride it. Back in the old days, we use to boil our chains in hot wax because it was a good lubricant and dirt didn't stick to it like it does oil. Now with o-ring and x-ring chains, it is probably OBE and many don't lube their chains at all, only clean them.
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R
johnlt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #35526
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,540
[QUOTE=Rapid Dog;21413493]...selling...what!?! ...well no one's come up with the ubercash and...

The best 290 WRXR on the planet. That would be an awful lot of pressure for any one to own
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #35527
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlt View Post
Just ride it. Back in the old days, we use to boil our chains in hot wax because it was a good lubricant and dirt didn't stick to it like it does oil. Now with o-ring and x-ring chains, it is probably OBE and many don't lube their chains at all, only clean them.
That would be me. I dont lube xring chains anymore. Just clean it. Chain lube just makes a huge mess that attracts grunge.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #35528
Revvy
Okayest Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I posted this on the wr forum, but I'm looking for more photos concerning my fit issue with the IMS 3 gallon tank. Does everyone else's look like mine in this regard? My front black panel and side blue panel on the clutch side have a rather large gap that seems to me will be a huge mud collector. If your tank fits better than this, can you with post or pm me a picture so I can send it to IMS?

Just for clarification: I have made sure that the side clips are in place and slotted into the panel; I've made sure the front and rear brackets are in the correct position; I've made sure that the rubber pad under the tank is sitting correctly; I have not put the heat tape on the new tank; the panels align perfectly with the stock tank.

Revvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #35529
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I posted this on the wr forum, but I'm looking for more photos concerning my fit issue with the IMS 3 gallon tank. Does everyone else's look like mine in this regard? My front black panel and side blue panel on the clutch side have a rather large gap that seems to me will be a huge mud collector. If your tank fits better than this, can you with post or pm me a picture so I can send it to IMS?

Just for clarification: I have made sure that the side clips are in place and slotted into the panel; I've made sure the front and rear brackets are in the correct position; I've made sure that the rubber pad under the tank is sitting correctly; I have not put the heat tape on the new tank; the panels align perfectly with the stock tank.
Yes, my IMS tank fit the same way. I spent way to much time trying to get everything to line up right, and it just doesn't. Go to Rick Ramsey's excellent WR250R site, and he reported the same issue.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #35530
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,222
I don't think I can fit my fingers in like that? But I've got big hands. Yu know what they say about big hand??

Big non pink gloves. Lol

Ill get you a picture but I know the clip is broken on my left side so it sticks out more then it did. I wonder if fuel makes it expand???
Old 05-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #35531
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,460
Quote:

Mine looks like that, I personally don't really care... if I did care, I would be more annoyed with the gap at the seat.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #35532
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,012
...mine's about the same. Fitting a tank those plastic panels isn't critical.
It's dirtbike engineering is my guess. Not really an issue.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #35533
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I posted this on the wr forum, but I'm looking for more photos concerning my fit issue with the IMS 3 gallon tank. Does everyone else's look like mine in this regard?[/IMG]
One thing I had to do when fitting mine was to put a washer on the forward screw of that rail the plastic slides onto. I'm guessing this is what you're seeing there, the plastic can't move back far enough.

I just went out and looked at it, it fits like a glove.

UtahFox screwed with this post 05-15-2013 at 11:59 AM
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #35534
cjbiker
Nobody's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
One thing I had to do when fitting mine was to put a washer on the forward screw of that rail the plastic slides onto. I'm guessing this is what you're seeing there, the plastic can't move back far enough.

I just went out and looked at it, it fits like a glove.
I can't picture what you're referring to. Is this on the tank mount or the left side plastic?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #35535
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
I can't picture what you're referring to. Is this on the tank mount or the left side plastic?
On the top of the tank, there are two 'rails' that you screw to the tank so that a notch in your plastics slide over them. On mine the rail was too tight to the tank, and by putting a washer under the rail on the forward screw, I was able to slide my plastics all the way on.

P.S. Getting my hair cut so will be gone for a while, lemme know and I'll take some pics when I get back.