Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #35596
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy mac View Post
Slideshow of my last adventure ride - 4 days through the high country of Central Otago, New Zealand. The WRR and KTM 640E are a good match.

http://youtu.be/3Y9CAUwfzX4
Wow! That was quite an adventure. Thanks for sharin what NZ looks like. Beautiful and awesome country!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #35597
andy mac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
I've had a real bear of a time removing that CS nut. I realized just last week that I was missing the washer that goes under the nut - most likely the PO removed it.

Any know if the washer is special in any way? It's on backorder for another month, so I'd like to use something else if possible.

Part number 90201-18026-00
http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID...p/TRANSMISSION
The washer is very thick like a spacer that positions the cs nut so it can be peened into the groove in the cs.
I removed the washer and ran 2 cs nuts, I hacksawed the old peen lip off the bottom one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
For sure :P I love my bike, and I can easily imagine doing the 290 top end one day. What are you riding now?

I have my bike setup exactly like your post here, haven't been able to ride though so the jury is out for me. Seat height is fine for me.

Awesome pics, must have been a blast.
I think I did everything except the 290, but gearing and the Gorace shock were the best improvements.
Buying a KTM 300EXC definitely improved the low end snap
andy mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #35598
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,711
Anybody have a source for a replacement lower shock clevis?

z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #35599
Drax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
I just got to Moab UT for a week of riding. Friends and I drove from Calgary AB. 15 hours Friday and another 6 today. Pictures to follow.
Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #35600
calfinm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
14t

I want to put a 14t cs on my bike. I see this is being asked a bit lately on a couple of forums. Ive searched and it seems there's 'some' modification of the case saver required? Skierd I think mentioned needing to grind it down?
Anyone done it and can give some advice. Ive just forked out a ridiculous amount on a new swing arm protector and had my chain maul it after a short ride. The chain obviously needs replacing and stretched this weekend. Ive had shock off, measured with cs axel etc in line, happy with where it works adjusted, not happy with the low tolerance once it stretches. So for peace of mind I want a 14t. This bikes not my single track toy, its for blasting and weekend trips etc so close to stocks fine, maybe a little shorter. Cheers

calfinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #35601
jkstehn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfinm View Post
I want to put a 14t cs on my bike. I see this is being asked a bit lately on a couple of forums. Ive searched and it seems there's 'some' modification of the case saver required? Skierd I think mentioned needing to grind it down?
Anyone done it and can give some advice. Ive just forked out a ridiculous amount on a new swing arm protector and had my chain maul it after a short ride. The chain obviously needs replacing and stretched this weekend. Ive had shock off, measured with cs axel etc in line, happy with where it works adjusted, not happy with the low tolerance once it stretches. So for peace of mind I want a 14t. This bikes not my single track toy, its for blasting and weekend trips etc so close to stocks fine, maybe a little shorter. Cheers

I use a 14 CS and the Sandman case saver and guard. Works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jkstehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #35602
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
I left mine alone, the stock case saver fit back on. I didn't know it wasn't supposed to fit. I took it off the other day & the chain had "clearanced" the plastic. Seems fine.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #35603
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,275
14 and sandman here as well no problems.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #35604
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Got the bike buttoned up and ready to ride yesterday after spending a couple of weeks on the new mods; tires, sprocket & chain.

UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #35605
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,758
Sweet bike!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #35606
HunterSon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
I just put on a 14 tooth with the factory case saver. Put the chain on the sprocket, then the case saver on the chain and then slide the whole works on to the counter shaft. It would be very hard to do with the case saver installed on the case first.
HunterSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #35607
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,275
Ok,so with that description? How'd yu put the nut on?????
Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #35608
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
All this talk about front sprockets made me go look at mine. I'm missing that washer, too. Fortunately, I found it with some other extra parts I got from the PO. How important is this washer, really?
I don't think it is super important as I've been riding like this for 30k miles. It probably would've been better if he used anti seize or something because I think I'm going to have to cut off the cs nut.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #35609
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
14 and sandman here as well no problems.
12T and Sandman here, no problems.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #35610
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,996
T-63 comments

First time off-road with the new T-63 rear today. Whooped-out sandy ATV trails and some rutted, narrow single track through pine woods. Perfect conditions, and I had plenty of traction on the single track - damp earth, roots, etc. I had aired down to 18 (16 in the MT-21 front).

Needless to say, the T-63 is a huge improvement over the worn T-wing that I rode last season (I bought the WRR mid season, and opted for a new front immediately, decided to finish the OEM rear). On road the T-63 gives me no cause for complaint. I do more pavement and gravel miles, less off-road, and for me the T-63 seems a good compromise. Price is right too.