User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #35641
Drax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Day 2 in Moab - Slick Rock

Here are a few pictures from Slick Rock. They don't do justice.

Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #35642
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,051
"Here are a few pictures from Slick Rock. They don't do justice."

Isn't that a ball? I had my first ride on that a month ago...how bout that zipline? was it running?
what broke now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #35643
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
I see a massive change - your boots are more worn and covered with mud, so I'd guess you've been out riding the WR in it's intended habitat .
I was in the WR's intended habitat, but I wasn't riding it the way it was intended. My first time off-road is documented here. It's part of an ongoing thread I just created to keep track of my rides.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 07:20 AM
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #35644
Torontorocko
Ordinary Average Guy

Oddometer: 36
US WR250R in Canada?

Does anyone know if buying a WR250R in the U S can be plated in Canada?
Are there any issues to be had by doing that?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #35645
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
So, I'm truing my front wheel in preparation for some riding and it took 60 grams to balance it. Is that unusual?
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #35646
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,177
Got rim locks?
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #35647
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
Got rim locks?
Nope, heavy tubes & MT21 are new. I guess @ 2 oz. I shouldn't be too bothered, unless you think differently.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #35648
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,177
When I worked at a dealership (Harley tech) if tire was over 4oz we would rotate it 180' and try again, if still out 4oz or more tire was removed as defective.

Today I do not bother balancing knobby tires, if anything I put in dynabeads.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #35649
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
When I worked at a dealership (Harley tech) if tire was over 4oz we would rotate it 180' and try again, if still out 4oz or more tire was removed as defective.

Today I do not bother balancing knobby tires, if anything I put in dynabeads.
Hmmm, that's a great idea. I actually have some Ride On I've been meaning to try.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #35650
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,961
...you should be O.K., long as it's balanced. If you do use a rim lock, especially on the front get a Motion Pro Liteloc Rim Lock.
Those others weigh ridiculous, basically for dirtbike rears only.

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #35651
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...you should be O.K., long as it's balanced. If you do use a rim lock, especially on the front get a Motion Pro Liteloc Rim Lock.
Those others weigh ridiculous, basically for dirtbike rears only.
I've got them, just didn't want to bother to install yet. I don't really think my style of riding is going to require them. We'll see.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #35652
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
Here are a few pictures from Slick Rock. They don't do justice.
Cool pics, man!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #35653
Revvy
Okayest Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Just got my Klim Overland jacket and pants. I've yet to really ride in them, but this stuff is nice. Comes with the D3O armor. I'll know more next weekend about how it holds up. I'll be doing the WABDR in July and follow that into the Kettle Valley Railroad.

Around the block, it moves well and is waterproof. I like the "do it all" style of the gear: good in a wide variety of conditions. I think it goes with the WR2 very well.
Revvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #35654
alcanrider
alcanrider

Oddometer: 113
Awesome bike

I went and test rode the WR250R today, and I was very impressed with it. The acceleration of this little moto is very comparable to my KLR650, and that surprised the heck out of me. I am not sure about how much HP this bike has compared to my KLR or torque or anything of that nature. To say the least I am not mechanically inclined so to speak. The mechanics do all my work except for oil changes, which I do. Sadly, I have never even had to change a flat, and am not too sure how to do it. Thankfully, it has never happened even after 31 years of riding in all kinds of terrain.
Anyway, I only rode the WR for 6 miles, but was totally impressed. I got up to almost 70 (in a 40mph zone) and then took it on a short dirt rode. Love how light this thing is. That is why I want this bike for how it feels on the dirt. It almost feels as good as a regular dirt bike. When I do buy this bike it will be my 5th dual sport motorcycle, and none of the others I have ridden even come close to this one IMHO. I know that there are KTM's and a zillion other type of dual sports available, but I live in realville, and unfortunately have a realville budget lol, so the others are definitely out of my reach. I going to test ride the little honda 250 next, and it is priced a lot lower than the Yamaha. Judging from what I have read, you are getting a lot less motorcycle. $2100 less though?. I am 5ft 11, and have a 33inch inseam, and could not flat foot. I was not quite on my tippy toes, but still liked how it was. I am also a big fat ass and weigh about 265, and that did not seem to matter when accelerating, or when going over pot holes on the dirt road with this bike. Like it matters, but a medical condition caused me to gain 80lbs in a very short while, in case you are wondering how I got in this horrible condition. No, it isn't the hohos or the twinkies or the fact I am terminally lazy its the health issue and the medicine I was on. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
The seat will kill my bottom, but didn't feel any worse than the KLR seat. I am in pain within 30 minutes of riding constantly standing up on the pegs to stretch out. I went back to the dealer wishing I had money to buy that bike right now. Had a huge smile on my face though. Outstanding machine!
alcanrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #35655
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanrider View Post
I went and test rode the WR250R today, and I was very impressed with it. The acceleration of this little moto is very comparable to my KLR650, and that surprised the heck out of me. I am not sure about how much HP this bike has compared to my KLR or torque or anything of that nature. To say the least I am not mechanically inclined so to speak. The mechanics do all my work except for oil changes, which I do. Sadly, I have never even had to change a flat, and am not too sure how to do it. Thankfully, it has never happened even after 31 years of riding in all kinds of terrain.
Anyway, I only rode the WR for 6 miles, but was totally impressed. I got up to almost 70 (in a 40mph zone) and then took it on a short dirt rode. Love how light this thing is. That is why I want this bike for how it feels on the dirt. It almost feels as good as a regular dirt bike. When I do buy this bike it will be my 5th dual sport motorcycle, and none of the others I have ridden even come close to this one IMHO. I know that there are KTM's and a zillion other type of dual sports available, but I live in realville, and unfortunately have a realville budget lol, so the others are definitely out of my reach. I going to test ride the little honda 250 next, and it is priced a lot lower than the Yamaha. Judging from what I have read, you are getting a lot less motorcycle. $2100 less though?. I am 5ft 11, and have a 33inch inseam, and could not flat foot. I was not quite on my tippy toes, but still liked how it was. I am also a big fat ass and weigh about 265, and that did not seem to matter when accelerating, or when going over pot holes on the dirt road with this bike. Like it matters, but a medical condition caused me to gain 80lbs in a very short while, in case you are wondering how I got in this horrible condition. No, it isn't the hohos or the twinkies or the fact I am terminally lazy its the health issue and the medicine I was on. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
The seat will kill my bottom, but didn't feel any worse than the KLR seat. I am in pain within 30 minutes of riding constantly standing up on the pegs to stretch out. I went back to the dealer wishing I had money to buy that bike right now. Had a huge smile on my face though. Outstanding machine!

You are very lucky to live in a place that lets you test ride dual sports...

You will find the yamaha is a much better bike... 2 grand better? It depends because for me no matter how cheap the honda is I would still not want to ride it. Also, the new hondas are built in thailand and they haven't had the time to have proven reliability yet... the wrr has proven that over and over.

Cheers
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote