Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #36211
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Another race video for those cross shopping dual sports.

2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #36212
ArmyJoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Another race video for those cross shopping dual sports.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #36213
VOLdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
sale pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLdog View Post
Guy looking to buy my bike asked and I have no idea
He lives near Dulles and its required.
maybe someone lives in that area can advise...
I guess emissions are not an issue
VOLdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #36214
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Ok, so I ended up breaking my left mirror off at the handlebar where it screws into the clutch assembly piece that's hooked to the handlebar. I'm going to need to replace that piece because I'm afraid the whole thing is going to break off at some point if I don't. Does anyone know where to find it, or what that piece if even called. I have googled all kinds of things, but can't find it.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #36215
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,536
Quote:
Ok, so I ended up breaking my left mirror off at the handlebar where it screws into the clutch assembly piece that's hooked to the handlebar. I'm going to need to replace that piece because I'm afraid the whole thing is going to break off at some point if I don't. Does anyone know where to find it, or what that piece if even called. I have googled all kinds of things, but can't find it.
Clutch perch?

Parts 3 and 4 in the diagram?

5XT-82911-00-00 - (part 4, $12.00 at Service Honda)
33G-82913-01-00

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 06-23-2013 at 08:34 AM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #36216
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Clutch perch?

Parts 3 and 4 in the diagram?

5XT-82911-00-00 - (part 4, $12.00 at Service Honda)
33G-82913-01-00

That's it! You rock. Looks like part 4. I think I got lucky and part 3 is okay. Did you have a link on where to buy it?

Sorry, just saw the Service Honda part. I will call my Yamaha/Honda dealer when I get back home and price it out from them. Thank you.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #36217
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
That's it! You rock. Looks like part 4. I think I got lucky and part 3 is okay. Did you have a link on where to buy it?

Sorry, just saw the Service Honda part. I will call my Yamaha/Honda dealer when I get back home and price it out from them. Thank you.
Yep. Looks like retail is about $19 so I'd expect to pay that from a local place. I'd replace the bolts, too (not necessarily with the OEM bolts) since a lot of times they get bent a little in drops / crashes that damage the clutch perch.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #36218
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Oddometer: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by tick-tock View Post
I did a bunch of work on my WRR last weekend, and part of the project was changing the front sprocket back to stock and adjusting the chain slack. After getting everything buttoned back up, I'm noticing more high frequency vibration through the seat in the higher RPM range. The sprocket is nice and tight and the chain is set to specs. per the Yamaha TSB. Any suggestions on what to change to get rid of the vibrations?
What other work did you do? Maybe it's not related to the chain/sprocket work.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #36219
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,881
Subaru w/ trailer and WRR, ready for a trail ride. Was a good day, until I caught an unseen stump with my boot. While trying to limp through the single-track with a purple ankle, I found another stump with my shifter. Was able to gently bend it out with a tire iron so I could get out of 1st gear, but something doesn't feel right. Hope a new shifter will resolve?

SCORRA Midhurst Trailride
Old 06-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #36220
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
Subaru w/ trailer and WRR, ready for a trail ride. Was a good day, until I caught an unseen stump with my boot. While trying to limp through the single-track with a purple ankle, I found another stump with my shifter. Was able to gently bend it out with a tire iron so I could get out of 1st gear, but something doesn't feel right. Hope a new shifter will resolve?
Hopefully. It's possible that you bent or broke something internally by striking the shifter or by bending it back still on the shaft, but I'd doubt it.

Get thee a Driven Racing shifter.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #36221
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,892
Quote:
I've broken that piece twice now Last time I ordered 2 to guarantee I won't break it again I also put folding mirrors on the bike.
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:59 AM   #36222
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Hopefully. It's possible that you bent or broke something internally by striking the shifter or by bending it back still on the shaft, but I'd doubt it.

Get thee a Driven Racing shifter.

Why Driven Racing over OEM? Driven is a nice looking piece; is there an improvement in performance?

Does knurled aluminum chew up boot toes, compared to the rubber tip on the OEM?

Thank you.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #36223
rsteiger
Bob

Oddometer: 179
On Sunday Bluelightning (Dan) and myself took our WRR's out on a little DS ride to Cheaha, AL. There is a couple of nice rocky roads that we wanted to hit to get an idea on how the bikes will perform on our trip out to CO/UT later this year.

At the 1:30 mark you will see a Jeep come into the picture and you can here me talking to Dan on the Sena.

Dan called me on the Sena to let me know that there was a Jeep running down the trail with it's owner/driver in hot pursuit. Evidently the guy pulled over to take a pee and his Jeep started rolling away with his dog in control (at least the dog thought so).

Later in the video you can see Dan and I picking our way through a rough patch of trail. The camera never does the ride justice.

The Sena headsets can come in handy to warn other folks in the group when there is trouble up ahead. But then there are the times when you hear "oh shit, don't go this way" and you are wondering oh shit! WTF! I am right behind him.

2001 GasGas XC250
rsteiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #36224
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:

Why Driven Racing over OEM? Driven is a nice looking piece; is there an improvement in performance?

Thank you.
I just ordered a driven shifter too. It was more than what I wanted to pay, but still cheaper than the $45(RMATV) for the stock shifter.

12 3D7-18110-00-00 SHIFT PEDAL ASSY $48.99 $45.07 Usually ships in 5-7 business days

I have seen mixed reviews on here about the Driven one, but my stock one bent, so I have nothing to lose.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #36225
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:

Thank you.
An actual improvement or a perceived improvement? I think it shifts better now! Plus as noted it is cheaper... around $30-35.

Actually there is something to be said for an aluminum shifter over the stock soft steel one - the aluminum doesn't flex as much (even though the steel flex seems imperceptible) and the shifts do seem to be more crisp.

The knurling does not chew up boots.

My Smugmug Galleries