User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #36346
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Stock taillight

If anybody is interested in selling me a stock taillight assembly, please PM me.
Only my Brake/taillight is on the fritz for some reason, so I only need to replace that section, but realize that might leave someone with a rather useless shell.
Thanks in advence, and safe riding!
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #36347
ballpeen

Oddometer: 472
Three days and 1200 back-road miles to BYOB.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #36348
Wingnut037
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
Yes, for the foreseeable future, the wrrdualsport.com website will not be going anywhere.
Thanks for keeping it going. Has helped finalize a lot of decisions for me, and others I am sure. Best of luck!
Wingnut037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #36349
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,064
Colorado trip...

I'm going out to Colorado again this July and was wondering what the group thinks are the best tires to use? I'm thinking MT 43's front and rear.

We are going to be staying at Almont, Colorado at Three Rivers Resort which has lots of single track in the area.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #36350
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,943
Check it out:

Gunnison County Public Works
http://www.gunnisoncounty.org/public...ad_bridge.html

ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #36351
Hardroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Tires

My favorite tire combination is: Dunlap 606 on rear, and Pirelli MT21 on front.

I've rode just about all the TAT with this combination.

Good Luck in your selection

Hardroad
Hardroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #36352
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm going out to Colorado again this July and was wondering what the group thinks are the best tires to use? I'm thinking MT 43's front and rear.

We are going to be staying at Almont, Colorado at Three Rivers Resort which has lots of single track in the area.
Lots of folks like the MT-43 rear, but not that many seem to run them on both ends. I'm pleased with my MT-21 front. I'd be running an MT-43 rear if it wasn't so tall (and my legs so short). PM Crawdaddy for some feedback.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Did the Midhurst Trail ride in Simcoe County Ontario on June 23, and hooked a stump with my right boot. Sore, purple, but seemed not too bad. I have been walking on it, just eating a few Advil. Didn't slow me down much, rode the street bike a few hundred kms last weekend.

After 9 days it didn't seem much better, so I went to the doc today for an x-ray. Damn, it's broken! Fack! Riding season is short enough in Ontario without this!

Thank goodness for ADVRider, at least I can armchair some adventures!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #36353
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
Lots of folks like the MT-43 rear, but not that many seem to run them on both ends. I'm pleased with my MT-21 front. I'd be running an MT-43 rear if it wasn't so tall (and my legs so short). PM Crawdaddy for some feedback.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Did the Midhurst Trail ride in Simcoe County Ontario on June 23, and hooked a stump with my right boot. Sore, purple, but seemed not too bad. I have been walking on it, just eating a few Advil. Didn't slow me down much, rode the street bike a few hundred kms last weekend.

After 9 days it didn't seem much better, so I went to the doc today for an x-ray. Damn, it's broken! Fack! Riding season is short enough in Ontario without this!

Thank goodness for ADVRider, at least I can armchair some adventures!
Sorry to hear that. I kinda know what that's like.
Saw the doctor today and had some xrays taken. I fell in Feb. and sprained my wrist.
Today the doc said I broke a bone and will operate on Tues.
I've been out of riding since March 16th and it will be at least another
8 weeks.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #36354
bluzharp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
I'm running MT 23's front and rear and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I cranked the shortener down to restore some highway stability and balance the bike. I've been running around 16 psi in them all the time. I have about 800 miles on them so far. They are really good for the type of conditions here. No mud, but everything else. They inspire confidence on the street too.
bluzharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #36355
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
3 WRx and one R in Wabeno wi

Had a great ride in Wabeno on Sunday and Monday. Met up with 2 others who also had the mighty WRr/x... technically I had the only R... Much thanks to ADWrider, and his bro Wieb27. My Bro-in-law and I met up with these guys on the slab, and pictured is the bikes where we first stopped to meet and greet.

rode most of the day with these guys back to the MX track South of Wabeno. Had some great fun with them along the way... Mud, woods and a bit of mis-direction along the way... more narrative...

I let some "jolly rogers" pass then I noticed 2 more bikes coming in the review. I notified my bro-in-law on his new (never used prior) blue-tooth com thingys that 2 dudes on Dualsports were approaching, we slowed, let them by and (eventually) they stopped where pictured. Chatted for a bit (I knew they were on ADV immediately when I saw them in the review) and rode the rest of the day.... (More or Less) and did some awesome riding through, well, basically every type of terrain.

Lessons of the trip.. Those blue-tooth things kick ass. No question now, (although I thought they were a bit girly prior to use) the other I already knew. If you see others on DS bikes in a known DS area, chances are they are on ADV (the 3rd largest special interest forum in the world) Stop and make a real world connection. Will you ever see them or ride with them again? Chances say no, but who cares, you have that moment to ride!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #36356
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
Bro-in-law vs me

Well the only place where I can beat this guy is in sand... Otherwise equal, or he is slightly better, not in the sand though... That is the only place where I can say that I do better... Single track? Well he is better at that than me. When fresh I can keep with him, (most of the time) but if I tire, he kicks my ass... I grew up on sand, and I can still whomp ass on on it... The shittier sand the better I do... In comparison...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #36357
bfrancis827
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLeisure View Post
If all goes well, I'm hoping to pickup a new WR250R tomorrow in the Sacramento/Roseville area. If anyone has recently purchased a WR250R in the Northern California area, could you please tell me what you paid for it? Having a ballpark figure to work with would give me more confidence walking into the dealership.

Also, somewhere in the last thousand pages, someone asked (I can't remember who) what should the dealer give you besides the keys, manual and title. Anything else?

I also I want to thank everyone in this thread. I've been lurking for awhile, having read over a 1,000 pages. The feedback, pics and video you have all posted has been incredibly helpful. Thank you.
+1

I will be returning from Afghanistan soon and will be looking to get a WRR in the Stockton/Sacramento area. I have never had or bought a new bike and am looking for the same advice as Pro.

Thanks.
bfrancis827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #36358
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by japako View Post
Sorry to hear that. I kinda know what that's like.
Saw the doctor today and had some xrays taken. I fell in Feb. and sprained my wrist.
Today the doc said I broke a bone and will operate on Tues.
I've been out of riding since March 16th and it will be at least another
8 weeks.
Good luck Tuesday. Hopefully you'll make a quick recover and get back on 2 wheels.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #36359
coresports
coresports

Oddometer: 229
i run 10-40 in MI during summer or winter and i don't notice any difference in clutch action or engine performance. i figure these things get up to operating temp pretty quick & also it's what the manuf. recommends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post
Does anyone run 20-50 oil during the summer?
coresports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #36360
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Oddometer: 4,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post
Does anyone run 20-50 oil during the summer?
In the old days of air cooling, I always went to a heavier oil in hot weather because those babies really got hot at slow speeds. With water cooling, the engine temps seem to hold about the same in any but the coldest weather.