Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #16
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Vince
Please explain in more detail your concerns. I am not familar with that application having any challenges.
Pipes not parallel (sit at different positions) hangers have 1/2" gap that allows the cans to flop around inside them. Other than that I love em.

I mitigated both issues by using some 1/2" neoprene on top of one side to force it down and on the bottom of the other side to force it up. This aligns them a little better and prevents the flopping of the cans.

When I sent an email enquiring about a solution to this I was sent an image saying it was KTM's fault. No comment regarding the poorly fitting hanger was provided.

I may have a installation issue but I took it all off and reinstalled it trying to get it aligned better to no avail. Now I just ride lopsided and I know this is costing me at least 10hp.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound
Thanks for offering to definitively answer questions. I am soon to get a 2007 KTM Adventure 990 and will be interested at some point in aftermarket exhausts - pretty much only to save weight. I do not care about extra bhp's or db's.

1) Does the bike need a re-map or will the ECU adjust itself?
2) Assuming similar driving habits, will miles-per-gallon be similar to stock cans? I ask because several forum members have said that the Akrapovic map decimated their fuel range.

Many thanks - Wolfhound
1) No remapping is needed with any application for Leo Vince mufflers and exhuast. One of the benfits of all our products is increased performance without rejetting (although you can improve performance with re-jetting)
2) Miles per galon should be pretty close to stock. I've no reports that say otherwise. If a rider is like me, it's hard not to gas it harder with the improved exhuast tone and torque-so mileage has decreased on my DL-650.
Leo Vince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #18
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Pipes not parallel (sit at different positions) hangers have 1/2" gap that allows the cans to flop around inside them. Other than that I love em.

I mitigated both issues by using some 1/2" neoprene on top of one side to force it down and on the bottom of the other side to force it up. This aligns them a little better and prevents the flopping of the cans.

When I sent an email enquiring about a solution to this I was sent an image saying it was KTM's fault. No comment regarding the poorly fitting hanger was provided.

I may have a installation issue but I took it all off and reinstalled it trying to get it aligned better to no avail. Now I just ride lopsided and I know this is costing me at least 10hp.
Hmmm.... well it's never our fault (just joking!)
Have a KTM dealer look at it or please forward the images to randy@leovinceusa.com . We have a 12 month warranty on workmanship and materials.
Why do you feel that you are loosing 10hp? Is there an issue with an exhuast leak?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #19
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Quote:
Hmmm.... well it's never our fault (just joking!)
Have a KTM dealer look at it or please forward the images to randy@leovinceusa.com . We have a 12 month warranty on workmanship and materials.
Why do you feel that you are loosing 10hp? Is there an issue with an exhuast leak?
It was a joke about the hp.

I will forward a link to my rube goldberg adjustment.
Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #20
WestRider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 787
Wow Randy...you're a brave man...

by setting up a thread like this!! Welcome and thanks for providing an opportunity for questions. Like others here...I'm interested in potential applications that don't appear to be currently available. In my case that would be a Honda XR650L. I see a lot of similar applications but nothing for the XRL. Are there any plans to expand the Enduro line that direction?

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Rocky
2005 TW200...wife's bike
1977 CT90...an original adventure bike
WestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRider
by setting up a thread like this!! Welcome and thanks for providing an opportunity for questions. Like others here...I'm interested in potential applications that don't appear to be currently available. In my case that would be a Honda XR650L. I see a lot of similar applications but nothing for the XRL. Are there any plans to expand the Enduro line that direction?

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Rocky
Rocky-
Thank you for your kind words, but no XR650L....(yes, we would sell many worldwide....what are those silly engineers DOING thinking that sweeping the Daytona 200 was more important...)

If you don't see a listing for a bike that's been available for as long as the DR650 or XR650L, we probably won't be offering it in the future. I do want to point out that we do make a brand called "Sito" (Sito is our parent company) that has ALOT of old bike applications, but is basically an original equipment replacement.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfranco
Hello Mr. Hyden, I have a 2006 KTM 640 Adventure and I don't see an exhaust for it on the website, Is it a discontinued item?
Thank you , Nick
Nick-
We do offer slip-on mufflers-P/N 3837 and they are in stock.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #23
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Nick-

Cool, thank you.
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #24
ChrisC
Amal sex?

Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:
Nick-
USFS (spark arrestor) approved?
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #25
buffallodan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Te-610

The Slip On for the TE-610 is a bit loud. I have tried all the inserts and find the short insert with the spark arrestor is the most quiet. Is there any other alternative to quieten the pipe even more? TIA

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #26
moparmiller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
USFS approved spark arrestor for the SBK cans on the Super Enduro yet??? Manny directed me to a SA insert (32?) but have you received a USFS stamp yet?
moparmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #27
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC
USFS (spark arrestor) approved?
Yes,
(from the website-)
Enduro Sport systems are designed for off-road racing, enduro and those who want the ultimate trail legal system. These slip-ons and full systems make excellent power while producing only 94db or less. Our available titanium full systems deliver the ultimate in lightweight performance and extreme durability. And our aluminum slip-ons provide maximum performance with outstanding sound control.
A USFS- approved spark arrestor is included and all systems are designed to work with stock fuel settings.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #28
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmiller
USFS approved spark arrestor for the SBK cans on the Super Enduro yet??? Manny directed me to a SA insert (32?) but have you received a USFS stamp yet?
Good question-
Manny is in charge of R&D here in America, so he would know. To the best of my knowledge we still don't have the stamp on the muffler yet, but I will check on this.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #29
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
The Slip On for the TE-610 is a bit loud. I have tried all the inserts and find the short insert with the spark arrestor is the most quiet. Is there any other alternative to quieten the pipe even more? TIA

Dan
There may be a 94 dB insert available for your muffler. Does your muffler have a carbon fiber end cap?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 AM   #30
buffallodan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
There may be a 94 dB insert available for your muffler. Does your muffler have a carbon fiber end cap?
No, here is the model:

X3 MOTOCROSS/SM ALUMINUM
Husqvarna SM 610
CC: 610
Year: 2006
Type: Slip-On
Part#: 3845
Includes 98dB/96dB Inserts & S/A

It has a stainless cap. It comes with two additional inserts. The only one that fits along with the screen is the short insert. Another member mentioned he cut one of the extra inserts to fit with the screen. Could you tell me which insert would be the most quiet of the three? I would also like to know what the decible level of each insert is as they are not marked. Is it possible for a Fabricator to make another insert to get the decibal level even lower? TIA

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote