Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #46
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Vince

per Manny (US technical manager)-
I am familiar with the 950 issue. I spoke to Italy about this last year and they said that the stock muffler is crooked and that there is nothing that we can do to change the crooked mounting of this system. They sent me a picture of a bike they had in R&D and even stock it was sitting too high on one side. See attached picture from Italy . I recently had a guy call about the tabs for the subframe and say they are way too far out. I really should get a bike in here and test this fitment.

If anyone is interested in helping us by going up to Richmond, CA and allowing Manny to use your bike for fitment R&D, email me at randy@leovinceusa.com .

Sent an e-mail if they still need a test mule.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #47
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
Sent an e-mail if they still need a test mule.
thanks-
Manny will be contacting you.
Leo Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #48
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,312
What about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...spagenameZWD1V

Can't find any more info about exhaust for my 2000 KTM 640 adventure
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
What about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...spagenameZWD1V

Can't find any more info about exhaust for my 2000 KTM 640 adventure
What do you need to know?
You can email me at randy@leovinceusa.com
Old 04-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #50
Firefight911
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Question

Randy,

Not sure if this is where I need to address this, however; I'll give it a shot as I have spoken with at least 10 seperate individuals and have gotten as many answers.

I have a bone stock exhausted '07 G 650 X Challenge. I am being told in various forms that I can not run this bone stock federally and California legal motorcycle in any sanctioned events due to its lack of a USFS spark arrestor/USFS muffler stamp.

My struggle with this comes under the fact that I will have to pony up nearly $400 for a pipe that has this spark arrestor/USFS stamp only to have an increase of 16 db in noise and only so I can run it off road when it is a by design dual sport motorcycle. If I then run the Leo Vince pipe I could face issues on the road for modified exhaust.

This may sound extreme but my job doesn't look too kindly to vehicle violations since my job requires my drivers license. I don't want to go there, if you follow me!

Some have indicated that I have nothing to worry about, some say only in a competition setting will the spark arrestor come in to play, and some say that I will have issues on BLM, USFS, OHV land with the stock set up.

Any chance you could shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can shed. It would really not be much fun to show up at this enduro event to be turned away because I didn't spend $400 for a pipe.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #51
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Nope
Did you damage the stock mid pipe?
No, it's ugly and covered with junk to bolt the heat shields to. Maybe I'll grind it down, throw some hi-temp paint on it and use some header wrap to keep the heat down.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #52
MrLuftkopf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Hi Randy,

I see you have a slip-on for a 95 xt600. i have a 85 xt 600. Would you have any idea if it is possible to fit the later slip-on on my bike? Maybe minor mods to make it fit, like the bolt tab doesn't line up? If I had some or the critical dimensions of the 95 muffler I could determine myself if it was possible. I could also give you a technical drawing of the stock muffler if that would help. (I do CAD design work as part of my day job)

cheers,

jimmy
MrLuftkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #53
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
What do you need to know?
You can email me at randy@leovinceusa.com
Would it fit 2000 640 adventure or not? I guess this is all what I need to know.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #54
sm2727
Tarnished not so noob

Oddometer: 227
What are the five hole round discs??? that come with the pipes (06 Aprilia Caponord) where are they installed and what do they add???
Scott
Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #55
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwfan
Randy,

Not sure if this is where I need to address this, however; I'll give it a shot as I have spoken with at least 10 seperate individuals and have gotten as many answers.

I have a bone stock exhausted '07 G 650 X Challenge. I am being told in various forms that I can not run this bone stock federally and California legal motorcycle in any sanctioned events due to its lack of a USFS spark arrestor/USFS muffler stamp.

My struggle with this comes under the fact that I will have to pony up nearly $400 for a pipe that has this spark arrestor/USFS stamp only to have an increase of 16 db in noise and only so I can run it off road when it is a by design dual sport motorcycle. If I then run the Leo Vince pipe I could face issues on the road for modified exhaust.

This may sound extreme but my job doesn't look too kindly to vehicle violations since my job requires my drivers license. I don't want to go there, if you follow me!

Some have indicated that I have nothing to worry about, some say only in a competition setting will the spark arrestor come in to play, and some say that I will have issues on BLM, USFS, OHV land with the stock set up.

Any chance you could shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance for any information that you can shed. It would really not be much fun to show up at this enduro event to be turned away because I didn't spend $400 for a pipe.
In my experience, a ranger or BLM offical will stick a testing device (stick) down the muffler to see if a spark arrestor (screen) is in place or not. The USFS stamp is not a deal breaker (in MY experiences). Rangers are basically people, and vary upon their understanding and compassion towards others. It is the law to have a spark arrestor offroad, and can be enforced.

We do offer a muffler (p/n 3606 suggested retail $409) that has 2 inserts that result in either a 93dB or 96dB sound. Plus for your money you get a spark arrestor and USFS stamp. Plus you will get about 5% more midrange power with out rejetting.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #56
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLuftkopf
Hi Randy,

I see you have a slip-on for a 95 xt600. i have a 85 xt 600. Would you have any idea if it is possible to fit the later slip-on on my bike? Maybe minor mods to make it fit, like the bolt tab doesn't line up? If I had some or the critical dimensions of the 95 muffler I could determine myself if it was possible. I could also give you a technical drawing of the stock muffler if that would help. (I do CAD design work as part of my day job)

cheers,

jimmy
Jimmy-
We offer a stock replacement muffler for your bike that sells for $250 (p/n 1007). It is sold under our parent company's name of Sito, not Leo Vince.
For liabilty reasons, I cannot recommend adapting an aplication to fit something it was not designed for. I hope you understand.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #57
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
Would it fit 2000 640 adventure or not? I guess this is all what I need to know.
Yes-
I think you already emailed me, but please let me know if any assistance is needed.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #58
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm2727
What are the five hole round discs??? that come with the pipes (06 Aprilia Caponord) where are they installed and what do they add???
Scott
When I installed my DL-650 exhaust, it had one too. The response I got was it was something that typically came with our X-3 mufflers and was a European thing. I'll ask the home office again, but I have discarded the one that came with my exhaust. I got 2000 miles of use, and haven't noticed a reason for concern.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #59
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
Leo Vince,

I have a question for you, or rather, a challenge.

Goes like this. Last year I bought a Leo Vince slip-on for my BMW Xchallenge. I really like this exhaust. It's lighter, looks much better than stock, sounds ok, etc. But there's really one thing that annoys me. I have on of the first series, and the heatshield on the connecting pipe is simply too short. Which makes you burn holes in your pants. I've gone through three pants already.

I have tried to fix the heat problem by ceramic coating the connecting tube, and this works to some extend. But the connecting pipe will always be a problem as long as it is unprotected.

I have seen Leo Vince has acknowledged this problem too, and now the connecting pipe of the Xchallenge comes with an extra (second) heatshield, all the way up front where the connecting pipe connects to the header.

I have allready tried to contact Leo Vince Italy about it. They either ignore me, or they don't read emails in other languages than Italian. I don't know.

Could you pull some leverage for me?

If needed I could supply with some pictures.
Max said what I had to say..I have an X-country though and have burned through an entire pant leg! Other than that I love the system.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #60
Leo Vince OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaracho
Max said what I had to say..I have an X-country though and have burned through an entire pant leg! Other than that I love the system.

So do you need a heat shield in the lower mid pipe area, by the frame?