Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #76
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian
Just for your info - UPS for a parcel of 15 kilos (33 pounds) is 245 Euros! If anyone knows cheaper transport, let me know.
DO NOT use UPS, it is horrible for cost vs value. United States Parcel Service or DHL will be much more effective. I can get a whole HPN tank at 25ish lbs shipped over for less then 50 euros and 80 euros for expedited service. Also check your PM's
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #77
oziexplorer
fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer: 1,170
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian
To find out the cost on the UPS.com site I need a location plus the zipcode. So what's the name of the place? (As I might sleep when you get this message - type Herrsching as the location where it starts and 82211 as the zipcode.)
Absender means sender, that's me in Herrsching, Empfänger means recipient, that's you in Australia. Anzahl der Pakete means number of parcels and Gesamtgewicht means total weight. The rest should be self explanatory. Which of course only applies if you get the german site as I did.
Thanks for the reply.
That zipcode Location is Karratha, Western Australia
oziexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #78
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,746
BMW Atlanta is correct, UPS/Fedex and maybe even DHL can be very costly.

I suggest using your local Postal Service and determine the size & weight limits. They have a guideline showing maximum size & weight packages to determine costs. If the package is to large they may add oversize charges.
Sometimes keeping the size small helps considerably.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #79
Steady
Flogster

Oddometer: 281
Markus Hi

I am in Johannesburg South Africa and would be willing to buy a few tanks if required and distribute them in SA at cost. Let me know, postal code (zip code) 1645. Johannesburg should suffice and post would be cheapest.

Right side, underseat, left side, black, white, translucent white, I do not care. What I do want is a tank.

Thanks
Steady
have thoughts of running away with, you know at some point it will end in tears but you just have to come back for more, at times it makes no sense but when you get down and dirty who cares about sense." - scotsmun
Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #80
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,154
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady
Markus Hi

I am in Johannesburg South Africa and would be willing to buy a few tanks if required and distribute them in SA at cost. Let me know, postal code (zip code) 1645. Johannesburg should suffice and post would be cheapest.

Right side, underseat, left side, black, white, translucent white, I do not care. What I do want is a tank.

Thanks
Steady
you are right, now we have no tank , so whatever comes is very welcome. With almost 9 liters more under my butt, is ok for me, how to refill it is not a big concern for me now.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #81
bavarian_markus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris
you are right, now we have no tank , so whatever comes is very welcome. With almost 9 liters more under my butt, is ok for me, how to refill it is not a big concern for me now.
thank´s to all for your applause

But I have one demand: let me the time to test the tank extensiv. that would be in the interest of all. I will show you pictures when my first test-series is ready and I will inform when the test are ready, or look to the german forum

http://gs-forum.eu/showthread.php?t=19229&page=21

greetings, Markus
bavarian_markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #82
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,814
When you start selling, please start a thread in Vendors on this site, or PM me and I will move this thread to Vendors.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #83
leesbian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Add me too...

Add me to the list of buyers too - very interested
'00 Ducati 748 Biposto
'89 Honda Camino (The Adventure Moped)
leesbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #84
bavarian OP
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by oziexplorer
Thanks for the reply.
That zipcode Location is Karratha, Western Australia
I checked UPS - they want a whopping 420 Euros for 6 kg!! Maybe you can find something cheaper. Maybe snailmail?
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #85
funhouse
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
TUV-Me-Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian_markus
Hallo,
the material is Polyethylen (the same material like fuel reservoirs)
I form two halfparts and weld them

greetings, Markus
Markus: I've gotten to know a guy online who lives in Munich......a fellow R90S enthusiast and owner of the most beautiful R90S special I've ever seen. He is busy making a small fairing for his bike and has had to have it inspected by TUV for his own motorcycle!!! This sort of gov't oversite is unheard of in America but makes it much easier for me to buy your product because I assume you will also have to have had your tank inspected carefully before you can use it OR sell it...... Bruce
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:55 PM   #86
funhouse
Overdue

Alfaris:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris
Congratulations, you bring new hope for those HP2 users, like me, concerned on fuel range, weight distribution and not to loose HP2 original look.

Please let us know whenever your invention is ready. Thanks.
Bumpamous!...My thoughts exactly......a perfect product solution....maybe Markus is also going to make a good HP2 windshield! Bruce
Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #87
funhouse
Overdue

Fill necks and Acerbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog
I agree with BMWAtlanta, it should be a right side fill. I have bags, videos, frozen dinners, toolbag and ... stuff ... strapped to the seat/rack on any given day. Additionally, it is a pain in the ass (and a kink in my style) to grab that stupid little tamper-resistant star torx fob thingie, stick it on the dumb-ass little screw, and then perform 14 counter-clockwise rotations.

I like to fill the bike while I'm sitting on it. I have a 30 inch inseam, so I just put my foot on the platform and gas it up. It's an ordeal to get on and off the beast for some of us.

Alternatively, just use a reversible low pressure pump with inline filters. Hit the switch to pump from main tank to rear tank....drive....flip the switch to reverse the flow of gas back to the main tank. I think that is what the other guy did with his steel under-seat tank. Even better, don't use an electric pump. Mount a hand pump. A few pumps, and the siphon action kicks in...no electricity needed, one less electric motor for failure.

I won't buy one unless the price goes South of 280 Euros....but I also understand that this is a small-batch labor intensive manufacturing process you have going (a right side fill may make fabrication more complex as well....) The tanks won't really be affordable unless someone (feel free to step up, Acerbis) creates a 5 ton mold for an industrial HDPE plastic injection molding machine...and then they run a batch of 1000 units (which should be plenty of units for the 700 or so HP2 bikes sold).

I visited several Acerbis mfg' facilities in Italy when I worked for Ducati and was amazed at the complexity/engineering required to make a roto-mold tank....there's no chance they'll tool up for a run of 100 tanks....accessory makers consider it a huge success to capture 10% of a model's owners so there's no way anybody is going to start making parts for 2006 HP2 Enduros .... that horse is out of the stable.....Markus, at most, will make 200 of these tanks and availability, not price, should be considered the benefit....and since I'd only use it on trips, filling convenience is not an issue.......I'm giving up hope of anyone, HPN included, ever making a real windshield for the bike.......Bruce
Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #88
funhouse
Overdue

Testing/Modifications/Prototypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian_markus
thank´s to all for your applause

But I have one demand: let me the time to test the tank extensiv. that would be in the interest of all. I will show you pictures when my first test-series is ready and I will inform when the test are ready, or look to the german forum

http://gs-forum.eu/showthread.php?t=19229&page=21

greetings, Markus
Markus: I like this attitude......I'll be keen to hear about your product after the early adaptors ( "I have to have the very FIRST ONE") have tested/used your tank for a few months and you have listened to all the feedback.....Bruce
Old 04-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #89
bavarian_markus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse
Markus: I like this attitude......I'll be keen to hear about your product after the early adaptors ( "I have to have the very FIRST ONE") have tested/used your tank for a few months and you have listened to all the feedback.....Bruce
These are the right words
At first I make a few test-tanks and we make all kind oft test.
And when I have the feedback I make all improvements and then we can talk about selling tanks. I don´t think that anyone here likes bullshit?
In 2 or 3 month (perhaps by the BMW bikermeeting in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, my hometown) I can say I´m ready.

best regards, Markus
bavarian_markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #90
legion
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,615
Very nice. I'm definitely interested and would like to see final version and approximate cost once determined.

Under seat filler is ok. I have Jesse bags mounted & wonder if they would even work w/ this design as the Jesse mount hogs part of the space between frame spars under the wheel well.
legion is offline   Reply With Quote