ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #61
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarminMac
Yes, same format. You can use them interchangeably.
Cool.
PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #62
bombarde
DL650AK7 - K75

Oddometer: 260
So does City Navigator NA NT 2008 DVD for Mac have the same maps as the 2009 PC DVD?
bombarde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #63
GarminMac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombarde
So does City Navigator NA NT 2008 DVD for Mac have the same maps as the 2009 PC DVD?
No, City Navigator 2009 is brand new, the 2008 version is last years update. (Yes, I know the year-ahead thing is confusing, but I don't pick the names ).

I have been told that the 2009 DVD is dual format (Mac/Windows) so the same DVD can be installed on either platform. Before you buy it read the packaging, but I am fairly positive that that is true.
GarminMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #64
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,723
So If I am following this correctly, get the 09 version, download bobcat, pop in V09 and away it should go????
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #65
Brent4ADV
Enjoying empty roads...

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder
So If I am following this correctly, get the 09 version, download bobcat, pop in V09 and away it should go????
Or you can convert older maps on a pc and transfer them to your mac if you don't want to purchase new maps. But yes, you can do the above if you so please.
Brent4ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #66
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lc4intheham
Or you can convert older maps on a pc and transfer them to your mac if you don't want to purchase new maps. But yes, you can do the above if you so please.
Cool, thanks.
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #67
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Mac version = USA only?

Quote:
No, City Navigator 2009 is brand new, the 2008 version is last years update. (Yes, I know the year-ahead thing is confusing, but I don't pick the names ).

I have been told that the 2009 DVD is dual format (Mac/Windows) so the same DVD can be installed on either platform. Before you buy it read the packaging, but I am fairly positive that that is true.
Brian - can you please confirm whether or not the Mac compatible version of CN is ONLY for the USA version? I presume that Mac users from the rest of world are out of luck????

Al
Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #68
jaybob
Living the Dream

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby

2. I need more street level detail when I looking thru Bobcat. I can get the detail I want, but only when I'm zoomed in. I'd like to have this detail when I'm zoomed a bit further out.

Please make this feature soon! It's near impossible to plan a route...maybe if I get a giant monitor...

J
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #69
GarminMac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rated
Brian - can you please confirm whether or not the Mac compatible version of CN is ONLY for the USA version? I presume that Mac users from the rest of world are out of luck????

Al
The CN EU Map Update that came out earlier this year is cross platform and it installs to both Mac and your device. All future releases of CN EU will be Mac compatible as well.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #70
GarminMac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybob
Please make this feature soon! It's near impossible to plan a route...maybe if I get a giant monitor...

J
A feature to allow you to select level of detail will be in our next release.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #71
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,315
Quote:
A feature to allow you to select level of detail will be in our next release.
PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #72
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,159
Pretty cool, but...

I must say that converting my PC map files, then transferring to my MacBook over the network, etc. went VERY smoothly. Really nice to actually do some Garmin GPS routing under OS X.

However...am I correct in deducing that you can't, for example, "select maps surrounding route" then download maps to GPS device? Or select and download maps, period. Seems Bobcat has no map support of that sort. Or am I missing something (likely).

In any event, like others I am very happy to see these developments. Go Brian!
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #73
GarminMac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg
I must say that converting my PC map files, then transferring to my MacBook over the network, etc. went VERY smoothly. Really nice to actually do some Garmin GPS routing under OS X.

However...am I correct in deducing that you can't, for example, "select maps surrounding route" then download maps to GPS device? Or select and download maps, period. Seems Bobcat has no map support of that sort. Or am I missing something (likely).

In any event, like others I am very happy to see these developments. Go Brian!
Currently, you are correct. We are working on adding map transfers to Bobcat as we speak. Look for this ability in a future release.

GarminMac screwed with this post 04-17-2008 at 02:46 PM
Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #74
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,890
A really dumb question:

How do you delete waypoints off Bobcat? I've uploaded waypoints from both the 276 and the 2730 and I've got duplicates. I'm having problems deleting them.

Also,

When I did a download to the 276, Bobcat also transferred the tracks? Why would it do that? And how can I choose to download only the 1) waypoints, 2) maps, etc...

Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #75
AugustFalcon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
A really dumb question:

How do you delete waypoints off Bobcat? I've uploaded waypoints from both the 276 and the 2730 and I've got duplicates. I'm having problems deleting them.

Also,

When I did a download to the 276, Bobcat also transferred the tracks? Why would it do that? And how can I choose to download only the 1) waypoints, 2) maps, etc...

The short answer is to use the delete key If you delete the waypoint or track or route in your MyCollection folder then they will disappear from that folder AND all the other folders you may have. But, it doesn't work the other way -- if you delete an item from a folder other than your MyCollection folder it only disappears from that folder.

As for downloads if you make a new folder in Bobcat and drag only those items you want to download into that folder and you then select that folder and tell Bobcat to transfer it will download only those items in the selected folder.

Bobcat doesn't do maps yet. Maps are downloaded to your GPS device using Garmin's MapInstall program.
AugustFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote