User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #1
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
The World's Quietest Motorcycle Helmet with ear noise reduction muffs

"New technology", Ear noise reduction muffs inside standard motorcycle helmet. First helmets in the world to receive official noise reduction rating by U.S. government testing agency. Quiet Ride Motocross helmet NRR17. Quiet Ride Full Face helmet NRR19.

In helmet ear noise reduction patented technology. Engineered in standard motorcycle helmets for those riders who want to enjoy more riding time without listening to loud wind and engine noise that can damage hearing over time. No need to wear painful ear plugs anymore.

Another big plus, sound coming from standard HD stereo speakers inside muffs work great!!!

Web site and facebook live Jan. 15th 2015 www.quietridehelmets.com and facebook.com/quietridehelmets
Attached Images

quietridemuff screwed with this post 01-21-2015 at 12:11 PM Reason: I think the title of thread could be more effective if changes
quietridemuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 15,050
Good post and website!!

One thing I didn't see is who makes the speakers and can they be upgraded if the sound isn't to my liking?
Old 01-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
flei
cycletherapist

Oddometer: 1,100
As a middle-aged guy with hearing loss (too much fun as a youngster!), I am interested in saving what hearing I have left! Reviews, please!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 429
Question

Any plans to make a modular (flip up) version? Also how about a drop down sun shield?
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #5
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

World's Quietest Motorcycle helmet

There is only one review posted by me after using prototype helmets for two years while riding a very noisy Apex snowmobile. It is posted on the web site. Helmet sales are just starting to come in after site went live on January 15th so it will be a while before I can post customer reviews. Look under "more info" for review. There will be many more reviews as time goes by. I plan on sending two helmets to webbikeworld.com for review next week.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

By next year I will have a modular helmet and open face helmet and a crossover helmet. I am working on sun shields installed in all models where possible.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #7
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

HD stereo speakers

HD speakers installed in ear noise reduction muffs are better than 90% of helmet speakers I have test. Speakers have good base sound. Keep in mind any speaker installed in ear noise reduction muff that has eliminated 65% of exterior noise interference will sound much better than helmet speaker placed in helmet padding next to ears in standard helmet.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 3,559
Does any part of the inflatable muff touch or put pressure on any part of your actual ear or does it seal against your head ?
I ask because generally anything touching your ear eventually becomes painful during long distance riding as in after 18-24 hours.I have experienced this even with very soft speakers and had to sink them in further.
If this isn't an issue, it looks like a great idea and I hope it works out.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

Muff pad pressure around ears

Muff pad is expensive memory foam pad with 1/4" gel surface covered with very strong thin flexible thermoplastic polyurethane skin that is not effected by grease, oil, and grim. Most ear lobs as well as outer rim of ear will fit inside muff. If not, memory foam will mold to contour of ear lob and still make a seal around ears. It should be noted with addition of gel material just under thermoplastic polyurethane skin it takes very little pressure from air bladder pressure between back of ear muff and inside of helmet shell for ear muffs to seal around ears. It has been my experience and also some friends that have used prototype helmets that you will forget your helmet has ear noise reduction muffs applying pressure around your ears when using very little air pressure in bladder to apply pressure to ear muff pad around ears. Applying excessive air pressure in air bladders to force tighter seal to increase effectiveness of ear noise reductions muffs does not work, but you will be irritated by unnecessary excess pressure.
Attached Images

quietridemuff screwed with this post 01-18-2015 at 08:03 AM Reason: Install more appropriate picture
Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 868
What head shape do these fit? Shoei and HJC tend to fit me well, where would one of these come in? Hate to buy helmets I haven't worn over the internet only because some simply won't be comfortable - usually because of a forehead hotspot.
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #11
Padaca14
Someday Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
When will you come out with an adventure model? The motorcross vversion with a shield and I'm ready to order.

Padaca14
Padaca14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

What head shapes do these fit.

Good question. I will be updating information tomorrow on Quiet Ride Helmet web site.
Helmet sizing information

Check for the label in your helmet that gives you the size you are presently wearing. Below is a picture of the inside of a Quiet Ride Full Face Helmet. The label shows a size of XXL.

If the small tag in your helmet says XXL you should order an XXL(extra extra large) size. If your present helmet tag says M (medium) you should order the medium size, etc.

Same principle applies to your motocross helmet. Order same size Quiet Ride Motocross helmet as the tag size says in your present motocross helmet.

Hemet shapes can be narrow to medium to oval ( wide) per size or someplace in between.
I would consider Quiet Ride Helmets to be more on the wide or oval shape. Note the measurement across the widest point on the bottom of Quiet Ride Helmets is eight and three quarter inches. Measure your present helmet for width. You probably will be a one half inch to three quarters of an inch narrower at the widest point across the base of your helmet.

I wanted the factory to use a wider helmet shape in the full face helmet and the motocross helmet with wider padding around the ear muff area to make sure ear noise reduction muffs would not stick out beyond the padding when putting the helmet on and taking the helmet off.

The total height of the ear noise reduction muff is one and three eighth inches high. The latex air bladder and Velcro stick on pads holding ear muff to the bladder and then to the inside of the helmet shell adds another one quarter inch for a total of one and five eighths inches. The ear noise reduction muffs recess nicely into the Quiet Ride Helmet side padding.

Make sure you press the air release button on the air pump before taking off your helmet. Your ears will appreciate your remembering.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2015, 07:36 AM   #13
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 868
One last thing. How does it work over glasses?
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #14
thehelios
Taco Inspector

Oddometer: 164
If y'all can figure a way to get this system to work with any helmet, I'm game. I currently use SureFire earplugs which work well but the convenience of no longer having to keep track with them would be great.
thehelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
quietridemuff OP
Adventurer

Cool2 How do ear muff pad seal around glasses

Pad design on ear muffs is expensive very thin thermoplastic polyurethane skin cover gel material over top surface of pad. I was think about you and other people who wear prescription glasses and or quality sunglasses. This material is design to seal around glasses and to maintain ear muff pad seal around ears. It works best if your glasses have thin metal arms not thick plastic arms.