User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #241
walkingbear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,302
Pants

I have the Belstaff Zodiac Jacket light jacket.. will the Ezeon zip up to that jacket. Will it be warn enough for the san francisco spring ?
R nine T
walkingbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #242
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
British Motorcycle Gear Ezeon Pants

Yes, the Zodiac and Ezeon Pants were made to be a matching set. They are waterproof and stop all the wind so they should get you through the San Francisco Spring fine..

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #243
Norpaq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Paul,

I was please to find that the BMG pants are available in various lengths and tall sizes that are actually tall (don't skimp and make the tall ADV pants only 36").

But it seems that the jackets aren't available in tall sizes? What gives? I have long legs... but I have long arms too. Oh and I'm skinny, so just going one size bigger doesn't really work because then it looks like I'm wearing a parachute.

BTW, I'm 6'3" 165 lbs - 37" inseam - 36" sleeves

Thanks,

-NP
Norpaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #244
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We cut them long to start with..

Our Jackets are all cut with long sleeves to start with as a motorcycle jacket should be. I am 6'3' and my jacket sleeves cover my knuckles when they are not snaped up tight. Our size 42 chest Adventurer jacket has a 36" sleeve length.

Paul
Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #245
geo-k
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Zodiac and New Adventure Pants

I have one of the older (2yr old) design Zodiacs and love it. I live in South Louisiana, and I feel like it gives more protection than a full mesh, but still flows lots of air. Also, I am 5'8", 165, and 34/30 pant, 40" jacket, and the size medium fits perfectly. Anyone posting needs to put their size and dimensions, so we cover any prospective buyers size questions.
I am on the hunt for pants, and have debated back and forth with all the usual suspects (1stGear, Rev'it, even some Triumph stuff).
The Adventure pants look promising. I have a few questions if you have answers (pre-production).
1. What will be the price range? (once again, an estimate would be great considering these are pre-production).
2. By the model, it looks like these are stand-alone pants, not overpants. Is that correct? I would prefer an overpant to commute, but I am just asking to be sure.
3. Thanks for taking the color recommendation! Where I live 3 seasons are hot, and one is cool, so lighter colors make a BIG difference. What about materials and venting? Can you estimate a temperature range? My average humidity is like 85% year round (60% winter, 90-95% sprinsumfall).
4. Will you have seperate liner/cover for waterproofing or cold?
5. I like the idea of Nomex on the inside of the leg of the Pioneer pants. I have melted a pair of Nylon boots from my exhaust before. If you haven't done it, a heat protection of some sort would be nice on the inside leg, especially on a rain proof over pant, if you go that route.
5. Since I have the shorter Zodiac, I would like a connecting zip.

Thanks again for any info you can supply! I really appreciate all the info you supply, and would prefer to support a company (with my sales and word-of-mouth) that cares to make this kind of effort.
geo-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #246
Norpaq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
Our size 42 chest Adventurer jacket has a 36" sleeve length.
What about the Challenger? I prefer the look of the Adventurer but those zip-off sleeves have scared me away. I'll probably just buy the pants for this year. So if in a year you make an Adventurer with permanent 'sealed' sleeves... I'll get one of those next year.

What's the latest timeline on the ADV pants?

-NP
Norpaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 AM   #247
Wildabeast
Wide Open

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norpaq
What about the Challenger? I prefer the look of the Adventurer but those zip-off sleeves have scared me away. I'll probably just buy the pants for this year. So if in a year you make an Adventurer with permanent 'sealed' sleeves... I'll get one of those next year.

What's the latest timeline on the ADV pants?

-NP
+1 on the ADV Pant timetable.

Thanks.
Wildabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #248
Sadlsor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
I've had the Adventurer jacket for about 2 years; bought it at the Atlanta Cycle World show in '07. I haven't worn it all that much, but wore it yesterday and for the first time used the waterproof liner.

Weird! The liner has two! parallel zippers down the front, and take-up snaps above the elbows, but I don't see any way at all to zip it into the jacket. Why two zippers? Seems like one zip would match up to the inside of the Adventurer jacket, but nothing's there.

Is this intentional, or could I have perhaps been sold the wrong liner for this jacket?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #249
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlsor
I've had the Adventurer jacket for about 2 years; bought it at the Atlanta Cycle World show in '07. I haven't worn it all that much, but wore it yesterday and for the first time used the waterproof liner.

Weird! The liner has two! parallel zippers down the front, and take-up snaps above the elbows, but I don't see any way at all to zip it into the jacket. Why two zippers? Seems like one zip would match up to the inside of the Adventurer jacket, but nothing's there.

Is this intentional, or could I have perhaps been sold the wrong liner for this jacket?

Thanks!
Er...it's not a liner. It's meant to be worn on top of the jacket.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #250
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,594
Do you guys have a dealer anywhere near Atlanta?

Also, for those of you that have the Adventure Jacket... any pics of the rain jacket during use? Uh, on the OUTSIDE of the jacket please.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #251
Sadlsor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Er...it's not a liner. It's meant to be worn on top of the jacket.
Well, duh. Whodathunkit?
It sure was blousey underneath the jacket.
But at least this way it sidesteps my favorite complaint about zip-in liners... you know, it starts to rain, you pull over, take off the jacket, and get wet while you put the pieces together, and put it all back on and then get chilled.
So... now I know better. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #252
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadlsor
Well, duh. Whodathunkit?
It sure was blousey underneath the jacket.
But at least this way it sidesteps my favorite complaint about zip-in liners... you know, it starts to rain, you pull over, take off the jacket, and get wet while you put the pieces together, and put it all back on and then get chilled.
So... now I know better. Thanks!
NP. I do think that some of these jackets and doo-dads really need to come with instructions. It was about 6 months before I found a pocket in my other Belstaff jacket

I will say the waterproof outer works pretty well - it goes over the jacket very well and it is pretty waterproof.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #253
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Adventure Pants

We are still at the material gathering stages.. We have ordered all the zippers and material and are awaiting the arrival at the factory. Then we can work on getting it into the production schedule . Like I said Probably July at the earliest for delivery through USA customs. We are not sure of the price but we expect it to be around $199. These will be stand alone pants and will not have a zip out liner. Since there are some great options for stand alone liners that are waterproof and warm we decided not to add any internal zips to these pants so they will be really comfortable. I can tell you they will be great in Hot humid climates. They will zip into all our jackets and have Knox Armour at the Hips and Knees as all pants should.

Paul
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #254
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Adventure Pants Up-date

We ended up adding the Nomax panels on the inside of the legs.. Thanks for the suggestion.. and doing a snap and velcro closure on the front. I should hear back this week when they will go into the production schedule and an estimated ETA for USA.

Thanks for all the input from everyone that tried them on at the IMS shows and put in their 2 cents here on ADVRider..

Paul
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #255
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Thanks Paul. Any updated pics?
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote