Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #271
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams
Paul,
any crash test data on the Zodiac? WBW mentions that the jacket has been updated since their review. What has changed? How water resistant is it? Is there a comparable fabric to "Airdura"?

thanks!
PAUL,
I kinda forgot I asked this question

Jim
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #272
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Adventure Pants Update

Adventure Pants are in the container set to depart over the weekend. 3-D pictures are being shot in Utah next week and I will get them up on the web site as soon as we have them. First pair out of the container goes to Scotland thanks again for the loner... 2nd pair has already been ordered by WebBikeworld.com so expect a complete review this Fall.

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #273
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
First pair out of the container goes to Scotland thanks again for the loner...
You Sir, are a gentleman and a man of true integrity - something which is sadly all too rare in this day and age. You're also much too generous but since I don't practice gift-horse dentistry.......
Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #274
mrmaico
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Paul and BMG! I was the winner of the customer photo contest. Photo's #1 and #13

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/clients/index.asp

I went with the Challenger jacket in blue....

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com...ger-jacket.asp

and the Pioneer pants.....

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com...neer-pants.asp

and the Thermosport gloves.....

http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com...ort-gloves.asp

Everything looks and fits great Paul. They certainly feel like some quality gear. Hope I never have to test them out though.

Thanks again Paul......Barry
mrmaico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #275
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Thanks Guys...

No Worries.. Keep the pictures coming... Web Master says he has a bunch to post..

Thanks

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
'
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:06 AM   #276
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,594
Great vendor!

I picked up a BMG Discovery jacket (silver and black) from Paul last week and was impressed with how quick the coat showed up on my doorstep.

This jacket is HEAVY DUTY and I can already tell it's gonna be my favorite cool season jacket of all time (and I've owned a LOT of jackets!). This thing is jam-packed with features... a few vents, plenty of pockets, a nifty removable fanny pack pocket, a little attached pullout cell phone/gps case that can either store in a pocket or on 2 snaps on the breast of the garment, a clever removable neck gaiter, a liner that is wearable solo, and it has a neat storm flap at the waist. I'm sure this things will seal out water just fine. The armor is all top notch, too. I'm SO tired of jackets coming with JOKES for back pads (I have even owned a $400 Rev'It Cayenne that came with crap for back armor and the upgrade had to be purchased separately... seriously) and this Discovery is top of the line all the way around. Plenty of reflective stripes, some nice pockets on the inside of the coat, and sleeve cuffs that both zipper and velcro to get them tight finish off the touches on it.

Again, great jacket, great service! Thanks Paul! Pics to come (when it is not a steamy 95F outside anymore!)
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #277
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,594
Rode to Louisville from Atlanta to visit my family this weekend and started out rainy here in Georgia so I decided to try out my new Discovery in lieu of packing rain gear. Happy to report that I stayed dry as a bone the whole time. Without the liner in I stayed comfortable all weekend, even in temps around 80-85F. Great all around jacket. Thanks again, Paul!

flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #278
craigo298er
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Adventure pants

The new Adventure pants are on the website and they look pretty good! I'll be buying them as soon as I get off this dreaded oil rig. They're a lot cheaper than what I was expecting as well...
2006 Yamaha R6 track bike
craigo298er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #279
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
awesome gear i love my discovery been riding along time and this jacket does it all!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:04 AM   #280
jtully
TassieTiger

Oddometer: 26
Laugh Just ordered the Adventure pants!

Just ordered a pair of the new Adventure pants. I'm really looking forward to giving them a workout in the Australian bush.

I'll try and get a few good photos of them in action in the outback.

Cheers

JT
jtully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #281
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,685
New pants look really good and the price is reasonable.

2 questions:

1. Are there plans to introduce more colo(u)r options ? Not really that important I guess...

2 The $64K question though is, will the pant bottoms fit OVER a pair of DS type (not regular street) boots

#2 is the deal breaker for me - if they won't then they 'aint going to work for me.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #282
Schtum
Free Genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
2 The $64K question though is, will the pant bottoms fit OVER a pair of DS type (not regular street) boots

#2 is the deal breaker for me - if they won't then they 'aint going to work for me.
In Paul's absence, I hope he won't mind me telling you that the new Adventure Pants were modelled on my own pair of original Belstaff Adventure Pants with suitable modifications. The description on the BMG website says that the new pants have long side zips on the lower leg. Assuming that they're the same as my original pants, then these zips will make it very easy to fit the pants over a pair of DS boots. Mine work fine with both my Oxtar Space boots and my Sidi Flexforce SRS.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #283
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtum
In Paul's absence, I hope he won't mind me telling you that the new Adventure Pants were modelled on my own pair of original Belstaff Adventure Pants with suitable modifications. The description on the BMG website says that the new pants have long side zips on the lower leg. Assuming that they're the same as my original pants, then these zips will make it very easy to fit the pants over a pair of DS boots. Mine work fine with both my Oxtar Space boots and my Sidi Flexforce SRS.
Thanks old bean. I should have elaborated a tad more. I can see there are zips on the side so I am assuming they will actually fit over DS type boots, but will the zips then do up all the way to the bottom (if that makes sense) ?

Thanks again. I have a credit card and itchy finger just waiting to pull the trigger.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 09-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #284
Schtum
Free Genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
I can see there are zips on the side so I am assuming they will actually fit over DS type boots, but will the zips then do up all the way to the bottom (if that makes sense) ?
Here's a pic of me and my buddy Jack on the verandah of Alice's Restaurant. As you can see, I've got my Belstaff Adventure Pants over my Oxtar boots. The pants are zipped down to the bottoms of the legs......and for some strange, undisclosed reason, we're holding our crotches. Jack never did tell me why.......

Since my new BMG Adventure Pants haven't made it to sunny old Scotland yet, I can't guarantee that the fit will be the same. I see, for example that Paul would appear to have deleted the Velcro fastening tabs on the lower legs. I think, however, that it's a pretty good bet that the fit will be very similar. HTH
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #285
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Thanks a lot, that does indeed help a great deal

It looks like it's a tight fit but it should work.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple