Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #16
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
Hi Steve,

I wish I could get one of the Davida girls to come over and help you hand wash your jacket... If you check on our web site it has complete washing instructions for all the garments www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com bottom of home page.. quite a few of Belstaff's products were made for winter commuting.. If you only have a bike to get you to work in the UK or Germany your jacket better be as warm as possible hence the Discovery jacket and the Merlin and Trekker Jackets before it... The more recent models like the Challenger ( full write up in Rider April Issue cover of Rider March Issue) have a lot more venting for riders that are looking for a wider temperture range not the warmest jacket possible... We also have some great jackets for the heat.. Zodiac and Adventurer both of which will keep you warm if you have a nice heated vest under them but are great and hot humid climates.. Hold on to the old waxed cotton they are going for big money these days. I just sold a 1968 version I had for $1200.

Paul
Thanks for the info Paul.
Geez, 1200$ for an old waxed cotton. Mine's in really good shape too.
Cheers, Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #17
michelf
motorcyclist

Oddometer: 76
warm

Quote:
Hi Steve,

I wish I could get one of the Davida girls to come over and help you hand wash your jacket... If you check on our web site it has complete washing instructions for all the garments www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com bottom of home page.. quite a few of Belstaff's products were made for winter commuting.. If you only have a bike to get you to work in the UK or Germany your jacket better be as warm as possible hence the Discovery jacket and the Merlin and Trekker Jackets before it... The more recent models like the Challenger ( full write up in Rider April Issue cover of Rider March Issue) have a lot more venting for riders that are looking for a wider temperture range not the warmest jacket possible... We also have some great jackets for the heat.. Zodiac and Adventurer both of which will keep you warm if you have a nice heated vest under them but are great and hot humid climates.. Hold on to the old waxed cotton they are going for big money these days. I just sold a 1968 version I had for $1200.

Paul
I can vouch for that. After so many years of not being able to afford decent grear and riding all year round in BC and freezing half to death I got the jacket and pants for me and my wife. Loved the thing. With the liners in there and the supper cool neck thing nothing got in. WHen traveling light the kit is very versatile. You can use the liner as a jacket or if it's hot you can use the back as a fanny pack to carry stuff on a day trip once you arrived for example.

Only down side is in this thing is bulky. If you are wearing it fine, but if you want to bring the pants and liners in case for 2 people, its very bulky. not a fault of the kit, just the way it is. I wore the jacket in 100 plus with some weating down, but the pants I cant do it when it's hot like that. But on normal temps it's great. I also wore it on a few hard trails (differnt bike) and it was good. The jacket as loads of pockets and and i carry everything in there very handy.
michelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 AM   #18
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Thanks Michelf,

You have some of the best scenery in the world around BC.. Any pictures you would like to submit for our picture contest?

Thanks for the input...

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #19
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Belstaff Trialmaster as a Fashion

Hi Steve,

The Italians love them for fashion wear... It seams the older the better they like them beat up and "real looking"... We had a load of them at our booth for the Daytona 200 bidding on customers coats that were just hanging out with us wearing their waxed coats having a beer or two .. We hung a nice one up for a mate of ours who lives in Florida.. He was offered $2000 but when it came to handing it over could not bear to part with his memories... So he took it home. That's what we like to see...

A few years ago we had someone go by our booth at Daytona wearing a first year production jacket and we offered him a free trip to the UK and a new coat in exchange for the jacket ( we wanted it for a historic display). He said it was willed to him by his best mate who was Scottish Motorcycle Police and that he was given it at the funeral by his mates wife. The jacket had now outlived both his wives as well and he would be buried in it... No giving it up.. Our kind of customer..

If anyone cares Will Smith was wearing one in The Legend Movie..
Malcomb Smith still wears his much more important..

Did you see what Steve McQueens went for, then again what was it $7000 for his Visa card.. Still the king of COOL..

Paul
Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #20
Olscool
Knuckahaid

Oddometer: 60
Belstaff Jackets

Ditto to all of the above on Belstaff's Trekker (below waist) and its shorter cousin, Spitfire (waist) jackets; they are superior quality made jackets with great detailing and features...
Olscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Hi Steve,

The Italians love them for fashion wear... It seams the older the better they like them beat up and "real looking"... We had a load of them at our booth for the Daytona 200 bidding on customers coats that were just hanging out with us wearing their waxed coats having a beer or two .. We hung a nice one up for a mate of ours who lives in Florida.. He was offered $2000 but when it came to handing it over could not bear to part with his memories... So he took it home. That's what we like to see...

A few years ago we had someone go by our booth at Daytona wearing a first year production jacket and we offered him a free trip to the UK and a new coat in exchange for the jacket ( we wanted it for a historic display). He said it was willed to him by his best mate who was Scottish Motorcycle Police and that he was given it at the funeral by his mates wife. The jacket had now outlived both his wives as well and he would be buried in it... No giving it up.. Our kind of customer..

If anyone cares Will Smith was wearing one in The Legend Movie..
Malcomb Smith still wears his much more important..

Did you see what Steve McQueens went for, then again what was it $7000 for his Visa card.. Still the king of COOL..

Paul
Hi Paul,

I was lucky enough to get a Trailmaster for myself and my girlfriend at the Seattle IMS in November of last year.

Do you still have liners for these?

Luca

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill

Guaglione screwed with this post 04-21-2008 at 02:19 PM
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #22
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,724
+1 on the Discovery. Best jacket I have ever owned, bar none. Sadly...too big for me now

'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #23
DirtRiderwjc2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaico
Just recently bought a used (like new) Mercury on the Flea Market here, great jacket, very comfortable. Only have one picture of it so far though, taken at about 75 mph, feel free to use it if you want.

Here's the full size shot:
http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/gallery/1...611_EHhCV-O-LB

Barry

Glad you like the jacket
Old 04-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #24
Randy Babcock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Guzzi's and Belstaffs work, sadly I sold the hot Italian beast for a pig of a German GS adv

Thanks for the offer to trade pants but there is nothing wrong with them other than too big...as is the jacket...I'll replace them one day when my ship comes in!
Randy Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #25
Randy Babcock
Gnarly Adventurer

forgot to include the picture in my post!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #26
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the Belstaff Pictures

We will get these pictures up on our web site soon..

Mercury 264 and Randy..

Any Captions you would like under them?

Paul
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #27
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,724
Quote:
We will get these pictures up on our web site soon..

Mercury 264 and Randy..

Any Captions you would like under them?

Paul
Well, my mate took the picture (obviously ) and he caught me napping at a gas stop on a trip down to NC so I suppose a fitting caption is:

"Knackered"

'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #28
Randy Babcock
Gnarly Adventurer

How about "Just the COOL guys wear Belastaff!"
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Schtum
Free Genie

Oddometer: 1,943
Quote:
We have been looking at some vented designs that are lighter than the Pioneer but more protective than overpants, the big thing is making sure they are waterproof as well.. Any suggestions are more than welcome..
Hi from Scotland, Paul. I'd have thought the obvious design for pants would be the old Belstaff Adventure design.

I suspect that you may well not remember, but we discussed this in your tent in the infield at the Laguna Seca Moto GP in 2005. You told me at the time that although you were continuing production of the Adventure Jacket, you didn't think there was sufficient demand for the Adventure Pants in the USA. That surprised me since the USA must be the largest dual-sport market in the world. I personally put a number of members of this site in touch with my local Belstaff dealer in Scotland during the closeout period while the brand was still owned and distributed in the UK by Phoenix NW so that they could source pairs of Adventure Pants while they were still to be had.

I'd have thought that if you wanted to bring the Adventure pants bang up to date, this could be done by constructing them from a TFL COOL SYSTEM® coated fabric. I'd query the need for waterproofing in a warm weather pant. I use mine in Scotland during the summer and we have a cold wet climate. However, if you believe it's really necessary then I'd suggest a removable waterproof lining or an update of the original's waterproof overpant.
Attached Images

Schtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #30
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Liners

Hi Luca..

No liner left for the Trialmaster Jacket.. Barbour makes a liner but the snaps are different sizes... I guess if you wanted to you could change out all the snaps, but investing in a nice wool sweater might be the better way to go..

Paul