Thx.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #1517
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55
So, right after I bought my XCh a year and a half ago, I put in a Rekluse AutoClutch. You replace the OEM smooth plates with Rekluses in their basket.

I thought I was very careful in putting up the OEM parts for later.

Well, now its later, and I want the stock clutch back in it, but I only have 7 of the smooth plates and need 8.

How on earth can a guy loose just one clutch plate?? New clutch basket is $254.

Anyways, anybody got 1 smooth plate they could part with???

Thanks,
Thanks to your post I've now heard of a Rekluse AutoClutch, thanks! So why are you taking it off? Did you have problems or don't like it or ??

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #1518
Delta61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Sprocket Torque

What is the front sprocket torque for the x? Can't find it even in the tq values in this thread.

Thanx

Jim

10 1200 GSA
07 X Challenge
04 1150 GS(SOLD)
Delta61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #1519
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta61
What is the front sprocket torque for the x? Can't find it even in the tq values in this thread.

Thanx

Jim
Drive pinion to gearbox output shaft

M10 Loctite 243 40 Nm

Chain sprocket to chain-sprocket carrier

M8, Replace nut Mechanical thread lock 25 Nm

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:32 AM   #1520
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker
Thanks to your post I've now heard of a Rekluse AutoClutch, thanks! So why are you taking it off? Did you have problems or don't like it or ??
Rekluse's are great auto clutches. Great product and great support. But I'm selling the bike and I think it will appeal to more buyers with the OEM clutch. The Rekluse is for sale for 200 bucks shipped.

I have all parts, orginal box and instructions. I will soon be listing it in the Flea Market.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #1521
mindazzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Put one fairing on ebay. Someone might just get it cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
mindazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #1522
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindazzz
Put one fairing on ebay. Someone might just get it cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
Wow!

That is really fantastic looking......

If the XCH would have came with that, A six gallon tank, and some other things it would still be in the BMW lineup & selling well.

Scott
Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #1523
Flo_Evans
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdog
I've just purchased a X-Challenge and have been doing a bit of workshop bonding.
Q To remove the outside plug with a closed wrench, can the Coil cap be removed and replaced again without removing the airbox?
Q Re; Removing the airbox, once the breather tube and miscellaneous bits are disconnected from airbox, does it simply pull off the throttle body?
Any thoughts much appreciated
Yes the airbox should pull right off the throttle body once all the crap is disconnected.

Regarding the plugs, an 18mm box end wrench only works for the outer plug, to replace the inner one I had to get a motion pro thin walled spark plug wrench http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0175/

The only problem is you HAVE to remove the airbox to use it, so for trailside hydro-lock situations an 18mm box end might be better...
Flo_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #1524
Tomdog
Mapaholic

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Evans
Yes the airbox should pull right off the throttle body once all the crap is disconnected.

Regarding the plugs, an 18mm box end wrench only works for the outer plug, to replace the inner one I had to get a motion pro thin walled spark plug wrench http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0175/

The only problem is you HAVE to remove the airbox to use it, so for trailside hydro-lock situations an 18mm box end might be better...
Excellent; Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting
Tomdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1525
Flo_Evans
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Should also be noted, this is what my plugs looked like @ 7k miles.

Not sure what the recommended replacement interval is but to me these looked done.
Flo_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #1526
The Jester
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Evans
Should also be noted, this is what my plugs looked like @ 7k miles.

Not sure what the recommended replacement interval is but to me these looked done.
I'm 21K miles on the original plugs. For some reason they don't seem to get replaced as part of the service schedule, but since I'm now out of warranty I'm doing my own spannering now. Time to have a look I think.

The Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #1527
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jester
I'm 21K miles on the original plugs. For some reason they don't seem to get replaced as part of the service schedule, but since I'm now out of warranty I'm doing my own spannering now. Time to have a look I think.
I did my plug at the 12k service 'while I was in there'.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #1528
Ray R
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb
The bike had been sitting for a couple months. It started right up. I drove it to work. I went out at lunch and came up to the first traffic light and it stalled. First time ever. I pulled into the next gas station and put some new fuel in without adding anything else and it didn't help. Still won't idle for more than a second and it smells a little stinky and there might be a little more of a sputtering exhaust note on decelleration, not a true backfire. Runs fine at 70mph.
Should I add some "Heat" additive? Is there a fuse that runs this part of the operation? I don't remember there being one. Got any ideas for me? Is there a air line that i need to reconnect that works with the idle circuitry?
Thanks.
I had sold my XMoto to a buddy from work. He kept pestering me that he was going to buy my bike sooner or later. So finally I gave in and sold it to him. A year later, he decided motorcycling wasn't his cup of tea, and he put the bike up for sale. I bought it back, at a pretty significant discount. He just wanted out of the thing. I went to pick it up, and he had put a grand total of 10 miles on it over the last year.

Anyway, I ran into a similar problem as you. I got caught in some traffic yesterday, and each time I stopped, the bike would stall. I found if I kept the throttle cracked open just a bit, it would prevent the stalling. So I figured there must be something wrong with the fueling or idle. When I got home, I checked this link to see if anyone had similar problems. I found the post talking about adjusting the slack in the clutch cable. While riding home, I noticed that cable seemed a little stretched, but the clutch felt fine..no pulling at a stop and no slipping or anything like that. After reading the post, I went and adjusted about half the slack out. I went for a good ride today, and no more stalling!

So a big thank you from me to those who post valuable information to this site. It is appreciated.

Btw....I called the dealer and asked if they could check my software level to make sure it was current. He said they might be able to fit it in sometime over the next couple of weeks. Sheeze. I've purchased several bikes from them. I would think they'd try to squeeze me in sooner than that for a 10 minute task. ...end rant....
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #1529
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz
Picked up a second hand standard seat in perfect condition and pulled the staples out underneath except for those at the front. I then pulled the cover back and trimmed about 2 cm off at the highest part and smoothed it out along to the front and back and then glued the cover back down again pulling it tight.

Gives a lot flatter seating area from front to back and I can touch the ground without any problems now. Sitting right forward is a lot more comfortable and makes the bike handle a lot quicker and better. No numbness or feeling uncomfortable after an hour ride today, will see how it is after Sunday's 400 klm ride.

It made me feel a lot more confident in throwing the big girl around in the dirt.

It is a very easy procedure to do and if you are in Australia the BM Shop in Brisbane has another standard seat in stock for $110.
Can confidently say that this seat mod will stop me from selling the XCH now.

Sitting in the bike instead of being perched up on top of it does wonders for your confidence and the ability to use your body to move the bike around when seated. So much easier to get on and off the bike and confident when stopping and being able to put your foot down.

Best part is the improved comfort level over the standard seat. Traveled about 300klms on and off road and did not get uncomfortable once when normally I would be numb at the end of the ride on the way home on the bitumen.

A bit of a RR and pics here. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...603435&page=25

xronly

Cruz screwed with this post 08-23-2010 at 01:18 AM
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #1530
Alcanara
's not me occifer

Oddometer: 122
How easy is it....

to buy an excel rim and spokes etc etc,and build you own front wheel..... has any one done this?

Can a complete novice do this?

Stuart