Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #241
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_England
TW- Look forward to it. "Area 51" Sounds quite mysterious! I wont get abducted or anything will I?!

I'll check over in the other thread for details.
Cheers.
Kev, nope it's all cool. A long story that I'll fill you in over a good Stout!
You need to check out 2 other threads as well. NC Tag A Rama and NC ADVRider Dinner.
Look forward to meeting ya and doing some ridin. Like the X so much I've got 2 in the stable now!
Check your pms.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #242
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Got my "hard parts" back from the jet cutter. there just like Kutch said they would be. heck they even fit for the one I slapped on just to see how they would look. now off to the powder coaters.

as for Prices, I got a good deal. $24 for two sets. now that will not be the price for the 10 more I plan on making. I think the guy was just hooking me up thinking this is the only time.
but I will talk to him tomorrow. his flat rate is $35 so I can't see it being much more. but its the material that usually cost as the more I get.

I will get 10 more made and they will be the same conditoins Kutch was sending. bear metal, but cut to perfect shape. I will see what it will cost by this weekend hopefully so I can start to take orders for those who want/need them. I already have one on the list.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #243
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Curious for those that already have them.

what is the best way to coat them????

I like powder coateing, but Price adn the fact they will get rocked a few times I see the coating getting chipped off.

I might just rattle can so I can touch up from time to time.

any thoughts???
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #244
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,705
big fAN

I dig the rattle can... it is bound to get chipped...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #245
GB OP
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,306
Rattle can... cheap, effective and easily recoated if there's a need.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:19 AM   #246
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan
It is only a metal fragment, mechanic could not figure out where it comes from/what it is.
Something off the spark plug? I'm thinking, did your service at the shop include change of plugs, or have you checked them yourself, whereby something could've gone into the top end by the spark plug opening by mistake... (?)
Old 01-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #247
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
O.K so I'm close to being an X member and I have a couple questions.

1) Is their a way to throw my wife on the back for short rides? I plan on a custom seat but what about pegs?

2) how about 300 MI day rides, is the X up to the task if my arse is? Selling my 08 Wee that I usually take on the longer halls.

Man you could tell me no way and I would still go through with this purchase! Great bike I have loved for 2 years, just waited for the right price..... got it!!
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #248
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,828
You can purchase the passenger pegs from the x country. NOT cheap.

I got a Renazco, much much better. Not really enough seat pan back there to support the passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDODB4
O.K so I'm close to being an X member and I have a couple questions.

1) Is their a way to throw my wife on the back for short rides? I plan on a custom seat but what about pegs?

2) how about 300 MI day rides, is the X up to the task if my arse is? Selling my 08 Wee that I usually take on the longer halls.

Man you could tell me no way and I would still go through with this purchase! Great bike I have loved for 2 years, just waited for the right price..... got it!!
c.vestal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #249
ENDODB4
b00n

Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvestal
You can purchase the passenger pegs from the x country. NOT cheap.

I got a Renazco, much much better. Not really enough seat pan back there to support the passenger.
I am going with Renazco as well, but you say no way on the pillion huh..
ENDODB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #250
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDODB4
I am going with Renazco as well, but you say no way on the pillion huh..
Not saying no-way. just no-comfort, not much support. From what I remember on the x-country 2-up seat. It does not work with the x-challenge plastic.
c.vestal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #251
GB OP
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDewX8
OK, as for "Hard Parts" availablity I will be getting 10 made. but I can't see them any more than $25-30 (maybe) for a set but I will let you know for sure once there made so I know how much I have into them. I will only send them out in sets so I dont end up with odd peices. and of course bare metal.

I have two the list so far and will be getting them done after I round up some steal. so hopefully next week they will be done.

PM me if you want a set and I will try to keep the list current so when I am out i am out. I can make more later. but I will start with one batch of 10.
I've moved the above posts. Check out the Vendors thread to follow up on the sale and purchase of these hard parts

link here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=354340&page=7
Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #252
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Hard parts

well I finally painted my first set of Hard Parts that I have made (thanks to Kutch and his program)

this is the first coat. I decided not to powder coat due to price. this is rattle can "Hammered" black. I plan on a second coat, but it has to sit for a day or so. Had to heat the metal a bit with a garage space heater cause its like 25 deg out. paint, then bring inside to sit and cure. will do a second coat let dry and install with the stock bolts. But have the longer ones suggested by Kutch. just hard to find cause most bolt places dont sell singles. more of a box. anyway enjoy. these are for sale in the Vendors area. but I am only making 10 sets this round. can and will do more later if I get the orders. so I guess I have taken the torch from Kutch for now. Cheers Kutch

MTDewX8 screwed with this post 02-01-2009 at 07:31 PM
MTDewX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #253
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDewX8
well I finally painted my first set of Hard Parts that I have made (thanks to Kutch and his program)

this is the first coat. I decided not to powder coat due to price. this is rattle can "Hammered" black. I plan on a second coat, but it has to sit for a day or so. Had to heat the metal a bit with a garage space heater cause its like 25 deg out. paint, then bring inside to sit and cure. will do a second coat let dry and install with the stock bolts. But have the longer ones suggested by Kutch. just hard to find cause most bolt places dont sell singles. more of a box. anyway enjoy. these are for sale in the Vendors area. but I am only making 10 sets this round. can and will do more later if I get the orders. so I guess I have taken the torch from Kutch for now. Cheers Kutch
Nice work MTDewX8. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks again, Tee-Dub

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #254
fazer6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Nice!
fazer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #255
johan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDuro
Something off the spark plug? I'm thinking, did your service at the shop include change of plugs, or have you checked them yourself, whereby something could've gone into the top end by the spark plug opening by mistake... (?)
That's what I had as an idea too, but nope...Haven't had the spark plug off my self either.
03' KTM 640Adv (Passed on to other hooligan)
04' BMW 650 Dakar (Oops, totalled)
81' YAMAHA YZ 125 (Died in my arms of old age)
johan is offline   Reply With Quote