ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #4216
zoharl
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Oddometer: 14
Manual for the X Challenge

You can download this PDF , and print it if you wish.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79035473/R...challenge-2008

as for the air pump, look in eBay, they sometime sell them (used). New ones should be fairly expenssive.
zoharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #4217
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoharl View Post
You can download this PDF , and print it if you wish.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79035473/R...challenge-2008

as for the air pump, look in eBay, they sometime sell them (used). New ones should be fairly expenssive.
cheers i have this on my phone just printing it for some reason results in a huge book. i was looking for the original one if someoen had knocking around

ya pump is hard find
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #4218
rockydog
just a guy
 
rockydog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: okieland
Oddometer: 810
john_aero, sent you a PM
__________________
Two lane roads and two bit towns

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #4219
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydog View Post
john_aero, sent you a PM
i owe your one or maybe a few
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #4220
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben
 
SCQTT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Mike's Sky Rancho
Oddometer: 5,324
You can use a high capacity, low volume air pump made for mountain bike forks/shocks. My old Klein has Fox forks on it & I had to buy a pump when I bought the bike. I was surprised when I bought the XCH that it had a bicycle fork pump under the seat. They are almost exactly the same pump.
__________________
This is SPARTA!
SCQTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #4221
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
You can use a high capacity, low volume air pump made for mountain bike forks/shocks. My old Klein has Fox forks on it & I had to buy a pump when I bought the bike. I was surprised when I bought the XCH that it had a bicycle fork pump under the seat. They are almost exactly the same pump.
i am sorted anyway by member here was very kind to help me out

i hope in time dump it and fit spring shock just strapped for cash now

i might even look fitting a 12v pump under seat to pump tyres and shock up
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #4222
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182
 
Royal Tiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Oddometer: 1,379
The hand pump works great. I tried using my air compressor and I couldn't get it to work. Hand pump was surprisingly efficient.
__________________
2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 {SOLD} * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge {SOLD} * 2005 BMW R1200ST {maybe FOR SALE} * 2003 Yamaha PW80 {FOR SALE}
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #4223
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_aero View Post
i am sorted anyway by member here was very kind to help me out

i hope in time dump it and fit spring shock just strapped for cash now

i might even look fitting a 12v pump under seat to pump tyres and shock up
A 12V pump doesn't work well for the air shock, as the shock doesn't hold a huge amount of air. If the air chuck doesn't hold pressure in the line while you take it off, that little rush of air when you take it off is almost all of your air pressure dissipating.
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #4224
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
The hand pump works great. I tried using my air compressor and I couldn't get it to work. Hand pump was surprisingly efficient.
thats what i did yesterday just to get it righ

last owner had rear so pressurised that the rear end stuck up like a crappy custom street fighter

cheers for ehads up on 12v compressor save my money so
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #4225
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_aero View Post
thats what i did yesterday just to get it righ

last owner had rear so pressurised that the rear end stuck up like a crappy custom street fighter

cheers for ehads up on 12v compressor save my money so
You'll find that you need a lot higher pressure in the airshock than BMW recommends to make it useable.
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #4226
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
You'll find that you need a lot higher pressure in the airshock than BMW recommends to make it useable.
yes with it at right lever its fairly soft.

but harder means it stupidly tall for me

maybe i need go on diet instead
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #4227
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
in new year i hope pick pannier sup for my bike

I am looking at giant loop products.

will a giant loop coyote and tent on rear eb on fro subframe?

I know the bag sits far forward so not on edge of subframe but tents can be heavy enough to have sitting on rear.
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #4228
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_aero View Post
in new year i hope pick pannier sup for my bike

I am looking at giant loop products.

will a giant loop coyote and tent on rear eb on fro subframe?

I know the bag sits far forward so not on edge of subframe but tents can be heavy enough to have sitting on rear.
That set up will work fine and shouldn't damage the subframe, unless you are goung to carry a tent big enough for a large family.

The other problem with the air shock is that when it unloads, it expands to it's full length very quickly, causing it to be too tall unexpectedly and give you a good shot to the family jewels.
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #4229
rockydog
just a guy
 
rockydog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: okieland
Oddometer: 810
Renazco seat for sale

selling brand new, delivered Nov 26, all black vinyl Renazco seat for g650x in the flea market. also muffler and airshock. (minus the pump, john, that's yours). Seat is typical top notch quality Renazco but it's just too tall for me. damn. I be short legged

I have one of his seats on a nx250 and love it, he does great work.



backtalk8124@sbcglobal.net
__________________
Two lane roads and two bit towns

Rockydog woofs the Isles, British Isles

rockydog screwed with this post 11-27-2012 at 02:15 PM
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #4230
john_aero
Beastly Adventurer
 
john_aero's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Ireland
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
That set up will work fine and shouldn't damage the subframe, unless you are goung to carry a tent big enough for a large family.

The other problem with the air shock is that when it unloads, it expands to it's full length very quickly, causing it to be too tall unexpectedly and give you a good shot to the family jewels.
yes i noticed that with shock its very aggressive retun
__________________
women are like clouds.......
once they fuck off it is a really nice day.......
john_aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014