Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #4921
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
adjustable levers....

have a look here.....

(i never know which thread to post stuff)
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #4922
4Rider
Dedicated Lurker

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
I give up. Googling did not declare a winner for a "proscreen". So who makes it and what is the model number, etc?
Matt-

Proscreen does make a unit that fits the X-Country headlight configuration (I'm assuming you are interested for your X-Co). I ordered two units, one for the X-Challenge, the "Dakar" model, and one for the X-Country. Both fit up easily, and both seem to work well. Here is the page for the X-Co model:

http://www.parabrisascurtain.com/sho...-x-country.htm

If you want a photo of the screen on the X-Co let me know. I'll try to get out to take one today and post it.

The shipping from Argentina took about 29 days. I did talk to the owner about more expedited shipping, but he didn't have anything faster to the U.S.

Mark
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #4923
SchillerM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rider View Post
Matt-

Proscreen does make a unit that fits the X-Country headlight configuration (I'm assuming you are interested for your X-Co). I ordered two units, one for the X-Challenge, the "Dakar" model, and one for the X-Country. Both fit up easily, and both seem to work well. Here is the page for the X-Co model:

http://www.parabrisascurtain.com/sho...-x-country.htm

If you want a photo of the screen on the X-Co let me know. I'll try to get out to take one today and post it.

The shipping from Argentina took about 29 days. I did talk to the owner about more expedited shipping, but he didn't have anything faster to the U.S.

Mark
Ride down and get it?

Mark, seat came in, I will get pics for you this evening.. Don't think you guys will be interested, its quite the touring cut... Will make a perfect base for custom foaming @ seatconcepts though :)

Matt
SchillerM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #4924
EdiA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Oilchange

Hey guys!

This is actually my first post here. Going on a 2 week trip from Lindesnes to Nordkapp(both places are in Norway - the most south to the farthest north). In total me and my friend are going to ride about 7000 kilometers in those two weeks.

Before I leave I will attempt to do an oilchange on the Xchallenge. Never done it before but it does not look like rocket science ....

The oil I am planning to use is Castrol Power 1 10W-40 Semi-synth.... Is this good enough? I talked to a mechanic that has worked for BMW and he recommended 10W-40 semisynth... Called BMW and they say that 15W-50 should be used... Now I am confused ... Can somebody please help ....

And one more thing... Anything special I need oto add on this trip besides the list below:

Tent, sleeping bag, stove, sleeping matt, camera, clothes, a GPS, toilet stuff, MP3, waterproof bags....

Leaving on friday

EdiA screwed with this post 04-16-2014 at 12:55 AM
EdiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #4925
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,122
I'd go with the BMW recommendation. The 50 vs the 40 will give you a bit of extra protection for the warmer weather.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #4926
EdiA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
I'd go with the BMW recommendation. The 50 vs the 40 will give you a bit of extra protection for the warmer weather.
It will probably never be over 20 degrees celsius... And often under 10 celsius in the morning...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #4927
slide
A nation in despair

I use the 15W-50 in conditions from -5C to 38C which is the range of temps I ride in here. I would think you won't experience engine failure if the temp is 20 and the weight 40 but why are you hesitant to follow the engineer's recommendation?

It's not like the engineer is saying use only oil derived from a almost extinct variety of penguin only found 200 kms off the coast of Antarctica.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #4928
EdiA
Adventurer

Quote:
I use the 15W-50 in conditions from -5C to 38C which is the range of temps I ride in here. I would think you won't experience engine failure if the temp is 20 and the weight 40 but why are you hesitant to follow the engineer's recommendation?

It's not like the engineer is saying use only oil derived from a almost extinct variety of penguin only found 200 kms off the coast of Antarctica.
Hahaha.... There is none 15W-50 in the shop where I bought the 10W-40... I`ll check some other place if there is some Castrol 15W-50 semisynth... Thx for the reply.....
Old 07-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #4929
slide
A nation in despair

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #4930
EdiA
Adventurer

Quote:
Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Thank you man
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #4931
jabroka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rider View Post

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchillerM View Post
Ride down and get it?

Matt
He's probably sending it with regular "Correo Argentino" service. it gets there but it sometimes takes a lot of time..

Correo Argentino has an international EMS service.. 5 to 7 days delivery time, signature on delivery and tracking number. I searched the site looking for shipping costs, but the site is being updated and the info is not there right now.

http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/precios/encomiendas/internacionales

You can ask for the cost of sending it with FEDEX, UPS or DHL but those are very expensive services here..

I think Correo Argentino EMS service is your best bet.

Let me know if I can be of any help..

cheers

jabroka screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 03:04 PM
jabroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #4932
Tomdog
Mapaholic

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdiA View Post
And one more thing... Anything special I need oto add on this trip besides the list below:

Tent, sleeping bag, stove, sleeping matt, camera, clothes, a GPS, toilet stuff, MP3, waterproof bags....

Leaving on friday
I dont know how remote you will be or what sort of surfaces you will be riding on. Have you considered spare tubes (as a minimum) and tools required to change a flat if you have the skills?
I have just completed a 5,000 klm ride in Australia and found this little gadgit called "Eudurostar" http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538235 trail stand very usefull for oiling chain and changing wheels etc.
How is your air filter?

Not much time left for prep. Have a great ride
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #4933
EdiA
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdog View Post
I dont know how remote you will be or what sort of surfaces you will be riding on. Have you considered spare tubes (as a minimum) and tools required to change a flat if you have the skills?
I have just completed a 5,000 klm ride in Australia and found this little gadgit called "Eudurostar" http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538235 trail stand very usefull for oiling chain and changing wheels etc.
How is your air filter?

Not much time left for prep. Have a great ride
Not so remote, but will sometimes be pretty lonely

Air filter looks good, checked it two days ago... I am trying to travel as light as possible so I can enjoy the ride even more...

Thank you... I still haven`t realized that I am actually going...
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #4934
tommyvdv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
This may already be in this, but.
Has anyone tried/succeeded in installing these on their Xch:

(http://highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/)
tommyvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #4935
scgodwin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvdv View Post
This may already be in this, but.
Has anyone tried/succeeded in installing these on their Xch:

(http://highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/)
I know it's been done multiple times on the XCo, and I would guess on the XC as well. Fairly straight forward, but you will have to tap your bar ends from M6 to M8. If you have any questions, HDB customer support is top notch in my book! Mine will be here Thursday and installed this weekend
scgodwin is offline   Reply With Quote