Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #781
Flo_Evans
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBiker78
Thats what I would like to know too.... after riding 690 Enduro R Im starting to desperatly thinking about front hyperpro springs and complete oil/spring rear dumper ...
Funny, I too would think the suspension is pretty nice if not for giving my brothers 640 adventure a go.

I think his Renazco seat has something to do with it too... One of these days I will get one! I have found though it has broken in somewhat, instead of an oak log it feels like a pine log now!
Flo_Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #782
petemoss
Having a look around

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Rust
anyone knows how much and where to find one in Australia?

Steve Cramer is the importer and wouldn't sell me one directly. Just find a local shop who deals with them and they will get it for you. I'm in Brisbane and ordered through Ash's Spoked Wheels. Cost about $780.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #783
Flo_Evans
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss
Steve Cramer is the importer and wouldn't sell me one directly. Just find a local shop who deals with them and they will get it for you. I'm in Brisbane and ordered through Ash's Spoked Wheels. Cost about $780.
Are you serious? The Leo Vince goes for about $400USD over here... you should get a nice ADV'er to buy it and ship it to you...
Old 09-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #784
petemoss
Having a look around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Evans
Are you serious? The Leo Vince goes for about $400USD over here... you should get a nice ADV'er to buy it and ship it to you...
It depends on the exchange rate at the time. Our $ is sometimes as low as 60c US. Tha'll add $240 to your $400 plus postage and it ends up not that much of a saving, then if there's a problem you return it to sombody local rather than return postage to US which will cost $$$ again...... BUT at the moment our dollar is worth 87cents US so now IS the time to buy over there.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #785
Flo_Evans
Gnarly Adventurer

Question

hmmm. Will the xmoto wheels fit on an xchallenge? Some dude is selling a set of xmoto wheels on fleabay... would be nice to have a set of street rims/tires...
Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 AM   #786
petemoss
Having a look around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo_Evans
hmmm. Will the xmoto wheels fit on an xchallenge? Some dude is selling a set of xmoto wheels on fleabay... would be nice to have a set of street rims/tires...
They're not a straight swap. XCh & XCo are interchangeable but the alloy rims of the XMo are different. Not sure what would be involved to make 'em fit. Look into it first.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #787
DoucheBag
feminine hygiene product

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss
They're not a straight swap. XCh & XCo are interchangeable but the alloy rims of the XMo are different. Not sure what would be involved to make 'em fit. Look into it first.
Front axel's different...

www.heritage.org - Learn the facts
DoucheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #788
MarcusSDTaylor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Crash Bars

1) I have the Touratech 4.2 gal tank installed and am intersted to find some crash bars that would protect the tank on low speed spills. Does anyone know if the SW Motech, H & B or OEM BMW crashbars work with the TT tank?

2) I am going to buy the Unifilter but want to know how many are running with a pre filter and if you have a TT tank what covers are you using. SOmeone in the farkles G650 thread talked about taking one cover off and leaving the other on and maybe gettin better performance but there was no definitive

3) Acerbis Mulitiplo Handguards? What mounts work on the X....universal?
MarcusSDTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #789
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusSDTaylor
3) Acerbis Mulitiplo Handguards? What mounts work on the X....universal?
Check Highway Dirt Bike....I've had 3 set-ups on my X (Acerbis, then Cycra, and now HDB), and by far the HDB are the best.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...how&ref=BMW_HG

(email Paul, the owner, he may honor an ADV discount still that will bring the cost down to Cycra levels, but these are pure beef/sex)
Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #790
DoucheBag
feminine hygiene product

Oddometer: 457
Hand guard mounts

I don't know the Acerbis mount options, but for the por bends it's the magura hardware...

www.heritage.org - Learn the facts
DoucheBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #791
Muddler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
[quote=MarcusSDTaylor]1
2) I am going to buy the Unifilter but want to know how many are running with a pre filter and if you have a TT tank what covers are you using. quote]

I got the Unifilter without the pre-filter, but I reckon you need the prefilter for 2 reasons:
1/ The unifilter acts like a bucket. Leaves, sand etc will all end up in it.
2/ Although it breathes a bit better, the fuel injection will maintain the correct air/fuel mix, so your consumption will go up (you may not care?)

I reckon the first point is most important as the air intake is quite exposed compared to the typical under the seat air intake. I definitely wouldnt take the plastic cover off unless for road use only.

I made my own pre-filter using a coarse foam from the local rubber/foam shop
Muddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 AM   #792
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,370
I still prefer the Cycra's over these guys, have seen a few in person. They look big and bulky to me, just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Check Highway Dirt Bike....I've had 3 set-ups on my X (Acerbis, then Cycra, and now HDB), and by far the HDB are the best.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_...how&ref=BMW_HG

(email Paul, the owner, he may honor an ADV discount still that will bring the cost down to Cycra levels, but these are pure beef/sex)
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #793
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly705
I still prefer the Cycra's over these guys, have seen a few in person. They look big and bulky to me, just my 2 cents
Agree on "more beef" than the Cycras...here are 3 things I LOVE about the HDB that no other can come close:

1. Mirror integration (You know how many I've broken)
2. top clamp usage and liberating the bars for more crap (needed?)
3. the bar ends are REALLY much stronger than any other out there...and are threaded through the actual bar...good stuff
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 AM   #794
hugues
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
XC & saddle bags?

I am after saddle bags for the XC without all the luggage frame stuff. Does this exist? Any recommendations that can deal with the exhaust? Other easy options? I have tried searching with no luck. XC is standard, few mods and factory exhaust. Cheers - Hugo
hugues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #795
Steady
Flogster

Oddometer: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugues
I am after saddle bags for the XC without all the luggage frame stuff. Does this exist? Any recommendations that can deal with the exhaust? Other easy options? I have tried searching with no luck. XC is standard, few mods and factory exhaust. Cheers - Hugo
I put handles like the xmoto on mine and cable tie a pine plank to the handles with an Ortlieb bag strapped to the plank.

Need photo's?
have thoughts of running away with, you know at some point it will end in tears but you just have to come back for more, at times it makes no sense but when you get down and dirty who cares about sense." - scotsmun
Steady is offline   Reply With Quote