Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2004, 03:50 PM   #31
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,313
It is amazing how we all get off track so easily. Strippers by the 12th reply? That doesn't surprise me when Loaded Again is on the board.

Getting back on track - the pipe install looks good. Did you make the carbon fiber air box cover or purchase it somewhere? Have you changed your jetting to compensate?
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
I only like two kinds of women, foreign and domestic
dirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #32
creeper OP
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Thanks, all the side cover/jetting stuff is in the first post. So Back! Back I say! Closer to the strippers!

Creeper
Old 03-04-2004, 04:36 PM   #33
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

MMMMM! Strippers!

Sorry, I got so far off track that I forgot you had listed the info. Thanks! Ever thought of marketing those carbon covers?
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #34
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrider
MMMMM! Strippers!
Sorry, I got so far off track that I forgot you had listed the info. Thanks! Ever thought of marketing those carbon covers?
Nope, for what it costs me to make one, you can buy a factory one and have $5 left over. I tried to sell it for $35 on KTMtalk and got no takers.
A C/F part you can't see or show off... nobody wants.

Creeper
Old 03-04-2004, 04:57 PM   #35
dirtrider
Dusty Adventurer

Understandable. I still give you an A for effort.
2001 KTM 640 LC4 Sold
Old 03-04-2004, 05:02 PM   #36
ChrisC
Molon Labe

Oddometer: 6,306
Carbon fiber, shmarbon fiber, can we get back to the strippers now???

CC
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:16 PM   #37
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC
Carbon fiber, shmarbon fiber, can we get back to the strippers now???

CC
Tisk tisk... the young man must have his poon!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:00 PM   #38
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,246
Just wanted to post my install. Thanks for your advice creeper... Mine seems to have differed slightly in the bolt up section... See photos below - oh yeah, it is different as well in that my bike is not as clean as the creep's!

You will notice in this photos that for proper alignment my hanger is on the outside of the mounting tab as opposed to creep's. Creep suggested that I drill the tab as he did, but he also suggested to just hook up the springs and let the pipe dictate the install... I did that and it worked well, but differently...

Back side

Rear alignment shot

Full shot

Still working on tuning it, more later if it differs significantly from Creep's... We do differ in that my bike has a differnt airbox set up and I am running ther FCR41 carb.

M
Old 09-03-2004, 10:31 PM   #39
creeper OP
Still alive...

Still want to trade the FCR41 for my black plastic? I don't know... I really like my black plastic

Is it me, or do you need a new back tire?

The install looks good, as long as nothing is in a bind and the male/female spigot mount is pretty square, it should be fine. I imagine the difference in mounting is the "pre-muffler" on your bike.

As for tuning, slap in the number of discs that sound good to you, (not too loud now) and then jet for it.
You did put that little "safety rivet" in didn't you

And if you ever need replacement springs... Moose is one of the few companys that make 60mm springs... @ about 7 bucks a pair.

Creep
Old 09-03-2004, 10:43 PM   #40
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

I am in need of discs actually - does Supertrapp still make the discs for this Creep?

Tires, me?????? Been researching thread and was talking to KTMNate (went riding Thursday) about his... Will be replacing as soon as the decision is made as to which one... General specs are 50/50 tire - streetable enough for me to feel confident in the twisties here, but aggressive enough to work in the dirt. Can cost no more than a a single tire for my truck - if it does, it must be greater than 33" in diameter!

Considering haveing a pipe bent to replace the pre muffler.

Overall very happy with this pipe to date. As I took the stock can out of the garbage for photos for Meat I was amazed at the weight of it. This is a nice weight savings - I suppose I could drop a few pounds off my fat ass if I REALLY wanted to drop some weight huh?

M
Old 09-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #41
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
I am in need of discs actually - does Supertrapp still make the discs for this Creep?

Tires, me?????? Been researching thread and was talking to KTMNate (went riding Thursday) about his... Will be replacing as soon as the decision is made as to which one... General specs are 50/50 tire - streetable enough for me to feel confident in the twisties here, but aggressive enough to work in the dirt. Can cost no more than a a single tire for my truck - if it does, it must be greater than 33" in diameter!

Considering haveing a pipe bent to replace the pre muffler.

Overall very happy with this pipe to date. As I took the stock can out of the garbage for photos for Meat I was amazed at the weight of it. This is a nice weight savings - I suppose I could drop a few pounds off my fat ass if I REALLY wanted to drop some weight huh?

M
In order of stuff:

Yea, they are standard 3" discs. Any shop will carry or can order them... If you live in Outer Mongolia and don't have a local shop. there are a whole bunch of us that have extras laying around and can mail you some.

I did the big "50/50, cheap, looks like they will work pretty good, research thing" and came up with Maxxis 6006s. I have some sitting in the garage right now that I think I will pop on this weekend.
ChrisC put some on his bike (had Saharas) and loves the rear, says the front is OK. About 80 bucks, the pair.

There is a pre-muffler replacement 'S' pipe available. The KTM part number is 583-05-175-400

I consider fat to be a form of ATGATT armor... to bad most of it is in my head

creeper screwed with this post 09-03-2004 at 11:16 PM Reason: Headupassitis
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #42
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Yea, they are standard 4" discs. Any shop will carry or can order them... If you live in Outer Mongolia and don't have a local shop. there are a whole bunch of us that have extras laying around and can mail you some.
Jesus Passmore, you just sent me your "extra" discs!

PM me with an address if you need some back...

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #43
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Must tell my wife RIGHT now that fat is CE approved armor...

Thanks for the tip ont he discs... Will order some tomorrow.

Let me knwo what you make of the tire as I will be replacing in the next week (2 max)....

Thanks a TON for the part # on the pre muff replacement! I have so much to learn yoda...

Speaking of learning, look for my post on my computer coming this evening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
In order of stuff:

Yea, they are standard 4" discs. Any shop will carry or can order them... If you live in Outer Mongolia and don't have a local shop. there are a whole bunch of us that have extras laying around and can mail you some.

I did the big "50/50, cheap, looks like they will work pretty good, research thing" and came up with Maxxis 6006s. I have some sitting in the garage right now that I think I will pop on this weekend.
ChrisC put some on his bike (had Saharas) and loves the rear, says the front is OK. About 80 bucks, the pair.

There is a pre-muffler replacement 'S' pipe available. The KTM part number is 583-05-175-400

I consider fat to be a form of ATGATT armor... to bad most of it is in my head
Old 09-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #44
creeper OP
Still alive...

Sorry... I had my head up my ass there for awhile... to many exhaust threads at once. The IDS2 uses 3 inch discs... not the 4 inch the stock muffler uses.

And, I didn't look up the part... somebody else did. I just remembered where it was.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #45
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,196
I'm a dealer/manufacturer and can get the SuperTrapp IDS2, extra discs, and can do a production run on an adapter mount bracket including rubber vibration dampers. Offer everything at a decent price. Just a thought, as I've been approached on this a few times now. The reason I did not just go out and make one already is the LC4 comes with a SuperTrapp and I figured there was no reason to replace it. It looks fairly easy for you guys to just make the mods and fit the IDS2 yourselves, but if there is interest in a ready-made kit I'd be happy to do it. No spam intended here, just a thought.

-roger
CaribouCases is offline   Reply With Quote