User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #46
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Oddometer: 4,250
Roger,

Definitely not spam IMO. Thanks for chiming in! I was unaware the IDS2 was still available?!?!? Could you obviously I am pretty squared away at this point (I meant the pipe, not my mind!), but could certainly use some discs... Always love to throw business to an advrider member. Let me know hot to order these from you...

Thanks Roger!

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePipe
I'm a dealer/manufacturer and can get the SuperTrapp IDS2, extra discs, and can do a production run on an adapter mount bracket including rubber vibration dampers. Offer everything at a decent price. Just a thought, as I've been approached on this a few times now. The reason I did not just go out and make one already is the LC4 comes with a SuperTrapp and I figured there was no reason to replace it. It looks fairly easy for you guys to just make the mods and fit the IDS2 yourselves, but if there is interest in a ready-made kit I'd be happy to do it. No spam intended here, just a thought.

-roger
Old 09-04-2004, 10:38 AM   #47
creeper OP
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
I'm a dealer/manufacturer and can get the SuperTrapp IDS2, extra discs, and can do a production run on an adapter mount bracket including rubber vibration dampers. Offer everything at a decent price. Just a thought, as I've been approached on this a few times now. The reason I did not just go out and make one already is the LC4 comes with a SuperTrapp and I figured there was no reason to replace it. It looks fairly easy for you guys to just make the mods and fit the IDS2 yourselves, but if there is interest in a ready-made kit I'd be happy to do it. No spam intended here, just a thought.

-roger
Hi Roger,
The only issue of any concern I have is that the stock '03 muffer uses 3 rubber hangar mounts and you can use only 2 0f 3 with the IDS2. I've never been overly concerned, as the weight difference probably negates the need for it.
Your thoughts on this?

And PASSMORE,
My catalogs list the IDS2 as still available... but only with the "race core".
The last time I spoke to someone at Supertrapp, they said the LC4 IDS2 would be discontinued. Apparently only a half-truth.

Any comment or clarification on this Roger?

Creep
Old 09-04-2004, 07:21 PM   #48
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

Oddometer: 1,202
I will check with my distributor on Tuesday and confirm exactly what I can get. From my catalog, the IDS2 and two different cores are shown (racing and quiet), but I will confirm and get back to you guys on exactly what is available, with price, lead time.

On the hanger mount, the ISD2 is light. One large bolt to the bike's frame with a rubber mount will be fine. If I fab an adapter bracket it will be over-engineered and strong as hell too. This is the kind of bike that will be airborn!

For extra discs, send me a PM or email at info@adventure-motorcycle.com and I'll take care of it, no problem, I've got them on hand. Thanks!
CaribouCases is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #49
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

SuperTrapp IDS2 for LC-4 KTM available

Folks,

I can get the IDS2 Quiet Core with stainless steel connector pipe (as shown in Creeper's original thread) for the KTM LC-4. These are available, not discontinued according to my distributor (I have a call into SuperTrapp to confirm). MSRP is $259. I could offer them for $240 + $10 shipping in continental USA (via UPS Ground). International shipping would be $50 (via USPS Air Express).

It will take a few days to get this up on my web site (www.adventure-motorcycle.com). I can take PayPal or personal check as well. Let me know if there is interest out there. Thanks!

-roger
Old 09-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #50
creeper OP
Still alive...

Fair price Roger. I'm interested to hear what ST says, as they told me no cigar... but that was 6 months ago. They may have had a change of fiscal heart.
You may want to provide this info at KTMTalk as well.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:03 PM   #51
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

Creeper,

SuperTrapp told me today the product is a slow mover, but if they get orders they'll keep making them. So, there is no definite end of life plan, but it is heading that way. I told them all you guys here are going to buy one from me so no worries:).

Mind if I use your photos on my site?

-roger
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 PM   #52
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Creeper,

SuperTrapp told me today the product is a slow mover, but if they get orders they'll keep making them. So, there is no definite end of life plan, but it is heading that way. I told them all you guys here are going to buy one from me so no worries:).

Mind if I use your photos on my site?

-roger
No problem Roger. Photos, directions, death threats... what ever blows your skirt up.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:30 PM   #53
CaribouCases
Boulder CO

Chris,

I want to be clear on one thing. You drilled a hole 7/16" above the existing hole in the bracket welded on to the S-pipe. I cannot see this hole in your pic because that big washer is covering it up, right? Would you mind taking that bolt and washer out and snapping another pic? I want to be sure the instructions are clear on hole drilling.

Thanks for the use of the pics. Send me a PM or email with your address and I'll send you the new "Garage Girls" calendar.

-roger
Old 09-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #54
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Roger,

Keep in mind that for some reason I did not find that I needed to drill this same hole for an excellent fit, however my bracket is on the "outside" (see photos in this post) of the S pipe tab.

Michael

Quote:
Chris,

I want to be clear on one thing. You drilled a hole 7/16" above the existing hole in the bracket welded on to the S-pipe. I cannot see this hole in your pic because that big washer is covering it up, right? Would you mind taking that bolt and washer out and snapping another pic? I want to be sure the instructions are clear on hole drilling.

Thanks for the use of the pics. Send me a PM or email with your address and I'll send you the new "Garage Girls" calendar.

-roger
Old 09-07-2004, 03:36 PM   #55
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
Roger,

Keep in mind that for some reason I did not find that I needed to drill this same hole for an excellent fit, however my bracket is on the "outside" (see photos in this post) of the S pipe tab.

Michael
Michael, your gonna piss off creeper if you just messed up his chances of a free "garage girls" calendar!

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 03:41 PM   #56
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

Roger - Let me ALSO make sure you understand and collect Creeper's install as it is VERY important for cutomers to understand and view ALL contingencies (I uspect that it is also VERY important for Creep to get photos of scantily clad womens corresponding to every month!!!).

LMAO!

Michael
Old 09-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #57
creeper OP
Still alive...

Let me get this straight....

You want me to remove my side cover, unbolt the mount and take a picture?

Yea... I can do that, tonight.

I believe the difference lies in the '03 Adventure not having a 'S' pipe with crossover/pre-muffler. The slight difference in location of the '03 'S' pipe outlet warrants the "lowering" of the Supertrapp "connector" pipe ( I call it that because everone refers to the factory crossover as an 'S' pipe) by drilling a slightly higher mount hole.

M-kay?

Creep
Old 09-07-2004, 04:27 PM   #58
PASSMORE
Just the last name...

So creep...

Do you think that if I replaced my pre-muff with the regular pipe that you supplied me with the part #, that I would have to remount mine as you have?

Also, what are the thoughts out there as to the performance benefits of this replacement? significant weight savings?

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
You want me to remove my side cover, unbolt the mount and take a picture?

Yea... I can do that, tonight.

I believe the difference lies in the '03 Adventure not having a 'S' pipe with crossover/pre-muffler. The slight difference in location of the '03 'S' pipe outlet warrants the "lowering" of the Supertrapp "connector" pipe ( I call it that because everone refers to the factory crossover as an 'S' pipe) by drilling a slightly higher mount hole.

M-kay?

Creep
Old 09-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #59
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,167
Quote:
So creep...

Do you think that if I replaced my pre-muff with the regular pipe that you supplied me with the part #, that I would have to remount mine as you have?

Also, what are the thoughts out there as to the performance benefits of this replacement? significant weight savings?

M
(chiming in)

i have read that most thought the performance improvements from removing the pre-muff was neglegible - but it did help quiet the SXC Comp muff.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:44 PM   #60
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
So creep...

M
I do not know. It may be a unique situation with my pipe on my bike. The main reason I had to do it was to clear the turn signal... if I didn't have them, I don't think I would have needed to drill the higher hole.
I think it may be a situation where every bike is different and it is up to the end user to detrmine best fit, thats why I recommended installing the exhaust with the springs and see where everything lines up the best, then adjust the mounts to suit.

I don't know if there are any actual power gains to be had by getting rid of the pre-muffler... might be a bit lighter.