Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #61
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Would you blame this on your Go Race suspension?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #62
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,634
Brought it home, last week and got my first ride in today. 30F commute to work.

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #63
Mustang87
Check Six

Oddometer: 13
[/QUOTE]

That's a cool shot. Is that the Grand Canyon or Monument Valley? If so, where specifically?
Mustang87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #64
EnderTheX
Drunken Squirrel

Oddometer: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang87 View Post
That's a cool shot. Is that the Grand Canyon or Monument Valley? If so, where specifically?
Thanks for the comment, this is from the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park near Moab Utah.

As I type this post the US government is at the point of collapsing under it's own incompetence as two irrelevant groups vie for political power while ignoring the people in need and our national parks as well.

Just a short while ago this famous trail was partially destroyed and rebuilt by the national park system. Utah has paid it's dues and is keep it's parks open during the government shutdown... well done.

Since my lazy ass has neglected to create the ride report I owe to you guys, I will post the WR250R specific pictures I have in this tread. Please enjoy a mini report on the White Rim Trail on a WR250R....

Two weeks spent in Colorado and Utah, four different base camps... the White Rim trail near Moab, Utah is one of the most memorable and impressive rides I have ever taken. We start the day very early in a remote camp 30 minutes south-west of Moab and travel quickly north to Canyonlands National Park. The entrance to the park is a nice paved road but we take the back way to the north entrance of the trail. Traveling counterclockwise ensures we will hit the famous obstacles such as Murphys Hogback in the more challenging direction.

The trail is 90 miles long and by the end of the day we have done over 130 from town... the massively oversized tank on my WR250R has paid off, you need a bit more than the stock tank can provide for a round trip here.

My buddy Chris (who is actually in Moab right now without me!) at the beginning of the trail.

On the WR, ready for a long day

This is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip, we were taking out time and taking in the scenery. The boulder I am pointing to in the picture is as big as a two story house, the canyon is amazing and immense.

Getting a bit close to the edge, after riding for so many hours I only noticed how dangerous dismounting so near to the edge was after taking the pictures.

Yes.. there is a WR250R in that picture That's me actually sitting on it still, Chris is taking the picture with my camera.

Chris coming up the famous Murphy's Hogback (it wasn't that hard...)

I got few pictures of the rest of the trail because we were hauling ass trying to complete it before dark. We wanted to get a good picture of the Shafer switchbacks but all our effort was in vain, the switchbacks are only well lit during the morning and we came back a couple days later to take this picture:

Thanks for reading

EnderTheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #65
Mustang87
Check Six

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
Thanks for the comment, this is from the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park near Moab Utah.

Thanks for the response. Those are some impressive pics! Look forward to the full RR.
Mustang87 is offline   Reply With Quote