Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #61
pistonslap
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I have lost my best friend and riding buddy. No truer words were ever spoken Dave. With your permission, I would like to include some of your kind words in the Eulogy I will give Monday at Warren's funeral. He was the big brother I never had. The most honest and most giving person I have ever known.

He lived life at its fullest, never backing down and never doing anything in moderation. It was always full blast with Warren. I remember a recent trip to Mexico, deep into Copper Canyon after gettin lost for the 2nd or 3rd time in one day, His comment to me was " If you wanted to know how the trip was going to end, you should have gone to Disneyland!"

He lived more in his short 59 years than most people could hope for in 2 livetimes. It was a privilege to know him and be his friend. In his eyes, a person could never have too many friends. He trusted others and he himself could be trusted. He never broke a promise to me or anyone that I know.

I'm to choked up to continue at this time. Jerry
pistonslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #62
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,805
Very sad to hear about this, he sounded like a wonderful guy with friends all across this country. The world is always that much sadder to lose people like that.

Godspeed.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #63
Killyman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
May Warren RIP. My thoughts are with and prayers go out to all his friends and his family.
Killyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #64
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,746

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #65
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
way sad, RIP Warren

May your journey to the Heavens be filled with twisty roads and endless sunlight.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #66
rider914
Agnostic Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,445
So sad
Pretty sure it was Papa (XR650R w/ silly tall bar risers) and friend (XR650L w/ tractor lights) that we met at Rice&Beans in San Ignacio last november.
Looked like you guys were having a great ride. Memories.
RIP

-M
Will herd cats for beer (... but I rescue puppies for free )
SmugMug (coupon: bLfv2vBXZicd6)
rider914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #67
SKERT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
So sad

We had such a great weekend of laughing, eating, riding and just being friends in a beautiful setting. The original Hot Chili Compound had moved to LT Dan and Debbie Dickey's home in Townsend, TN for a TN mini rally which at one time had been the Hot Chili Compound at the GA Mtn. rally Cindy Walton and I started the Hot Chili Compound about 14 years ago. We invited our friends to join us at the compound and as the years went by the compound grew. Cindy moved back to Lafayette, LA and we continued the Hot Chili Compound in Lafayette and N. GA camping together several times a year. Warren and Carol were almost always with us. I became an adopted CoonAss and was honored to become one of them.

Carol, Cindy, Debbie and Carol's Mom Chris and I went for a gorgeous ride in the rain in Cindy's new car up into the Smokey National Forest. We would spot a flower and all jump out of the car to take pictures. We were cackleing and laughing more about the guys making fun of us cackleing. We had to put the flashers on the car because we had become a nuscience on the road. What fun. Little did we know that tragedy was just around the corner. I am glad we had so much fun not knowing of the sad times we are in right now.

As I was leaving Sunday morning to carve the curves a little I had to ask Warren to help me move my bike. He grumbled about all the crap I had on my bike and said just leave some of it at home, Skert! I said "I Did" ;-) He hugged me and told me to ride safe.........

God speed Warren, you where my hero.

My heart goes out to you Carol. I wish I could take the pain away
Attached Images

SKERT
aka Carol Youorski
'03 BMW K12RS '06 SV650
SKERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #68
Hipster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,748
I met Warren in 2004 at the HU meeting in Creel, Mexico, he was a true adventure rider.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all his friends and family.

Tom
Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #69
Paleobiker
Paleobiker

Oddometer: 13
I'm honored to claim Wawa and Carol as friends. We've ridden many miles together, shared many stories, cigars, cool drinks, great meals. Lots of laughs and now tears.
Warren was a great rider, street, Baja, enduros, trails, adventure, he did it all and he did it well. He even rode his Baja bike in our Acadiana Dirt Riders enduro last month.
I'm just at a loss for the words to describe what a great guy we've lost. A true credit to the motorcycling community.
Paleobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #70
1fastjunebug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Good Bye My Brother

Our friend, our brother has left us. I have know Warren for over 40 years and have know him to be a man among men, the man that others looked up to. Warren was an accomplished biker yes, a friend to all who met him, but most of all Warren was a man of God. He talked about his faith to few who knew him, but he truly walked the walk.

I have not come to grips with the fact that I will never see his smileing face again or ever be able to d0 the Sumo greeting with him, or hear his cheerful voice again. My eyes water as I write this and I truly miss miss him, more than words could ever express.

Warren was bigger than life and a very grounding influence in all who met him, for some of us he was our Rock. He will be missed by many, many people for probably the rest of our lives as Warren was truly a good man, a good friend, a good husband and a good father.

It was truly a blessing, an honor and a priviledge to have had in in my life.

CJ and Mary, words can not begin to express the sorrow I know you must be experiencing right now, but know that Warren loved you very, very much and that he will always be there for you, as will we.

McBone, I love you my brother. Go wth God.

McBug

1fastjunebug screwed with this post 05-09-2008 at 06:17 PM
1fastjunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #71
DELTATANGO
Motorcyclist and Dog Walk

Oddometer: 13,689
very sorry........
DELTATANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #72
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,057
RIP condolences to family, loved ones, & friends.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #73
Tigerstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I am so sorry for your loss. But if I am to go early I want to go while riding my guess is he felt the same.
I will pray for his soul.
Tigerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #74
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,993
Godspeed Warren
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #75
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '14

Oddometer: 1,813