Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
Bobdonny OP
Fighting Irish

Oddometer: 2
Can you make money from your ride reports?

Hey guys,
LoNg time lurker, but planning trip so decided to join proper.
I'm planning a trip in 2016 with a shakedown trip hopefully late summer 2015.
More to come on that in the months to come.
I've been doing lots of research on the route, countries etc. and I plan to put reports here and perhaps on horizons unlimited and on some website I create for the trip.
Whilst I was thinking about that it got me wondering about putting advertising on my website along with the reports to see if I could earn a few quid from it.

To be honest, I know you will never make a lot but I thought its better than nothing. But then I started to think that there were others out there with great stories of adventure travel, but no one reading about them.
For me the only thing I love more than going on an adventure is reading about one. So I got to thinking what if a few of the travellers got together to put their reports on one website... not a discussion forum like this but more like a dedicated report site or journal type affair? The more writers, the more the potential readers, and then in a year or so new writers could tap into a huge readership base.

To that end, I am actually going to look to putting something like that together, and I would like to find maybe 5 people here who have completed ride reports here. Anything from a few days to a few years would be great.
I'd really just like to ask you questions, and see what kind of a website and service I could make to suit your needs.

Feel free to ask any q's here or PM me for details and I can show you what I have so far.

(Hopefully this is in the right spot and OK mods, if not let me know)

Thanks
BD
Bobdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:48 PM   #2
therider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
It can be done, but there has to be a lot of high quality reports with good pictures. It will take a bit of time to build a reader base, then you can turn it into some downloadable pdf magazine for a small amount.

All the best.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #3
Bobdonny OP
Fighting Irish

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by therider View Post
It can be done, but there has to be a lot of high quality reports with good pictures. It will take a bit of time to build a reader base, then you can turn it into some downloadable pdf magazine for a small amount.

All the best.
PDF magazine is a great idea!
Bobdonny is offline   Reply With Quote