ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #226
tathambenjamin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Need some bags?

Not sure if this violates any rules....I posted this over in Old Skool as well. CL find of a big box of unknown parts and a set of pretty decent looking BMW bags from a resale shop in Dundee (close enough to Chicago). Guy is asking 40 for the bags or 65 for all of it. I am very very poor, otherwise I would be on it. Hope someone sees this and gets a deal!!!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/848588775.html

PS- I desperately need a headlight lens for a 77 R100, if ou buy it and theres one in that mystery box, PM me and well make a deal.
tathambenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #227
Impulse 101
Crazy Guitarist

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola
If anyone is down for doing a fall ride in October, I was thinking of taking a few days off during the week in Oct (13-15 roughly) and heading out either to western WI or southern IN (which one depends on weather and foliage conditions).
I'll be travelling the state the weekend of the Oct. 11 and 12. We've got a 650 mile route between the following cities.
Racine, Appleton, Stevens Point, Chippewa Falls (spend the night), La Crosse, Madison, Ft. Atkinson, Elkhorn and back to Racine. Mininal Interstate travel, the only stretch will be the one getting us to Appleton.

JT
Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #228
GSFletch OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
http://www.weather.com/maps/activity...dex_large.html
GSFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #229
The Oz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola
If anyone is down for doing a fall ride in October, I was thinking of taking a few days off during the week in Oct (13-15 roughly) and heading out either to western WI or southern IN (which one depends on weather and foliage conditions).
Tempting, very tempting. I can maybe swing the weekend of Oct 11 and 12 and possibly the 13th.
The Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #230
Savoir-Faire
Powered by Hate

Oddometer: 861
Can't do it. I have duty that weekend and then I can't dodge school during the week. Probably need to catch up on homework too. Ah well.

I'm free most other weekends though. I have a hankerin' to go up to that "Pies Are Square" place in Wisconsin. Bit far for a day trip, though.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #231
The Oz
Adventurer

What is "Pies are Square"??
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #232
Pistola
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Looks like I could leave as early as Saturday afternoon the 11th and have plenty of vacation time left to burn. I don't think it'd be possible for me to make it all the way up to Chippewa Falls by Saturday night to camp however, even if I left in the am, but I'd be down to superslab it part of the way to meet up with some people, somewhere outside of the city. Gerard, thanks for that foliage link, I'll have to keep my eye on that webpage.
Pistola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #233
tathambenjamin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Airhead/ Guzzi breakfast

Hey I hear there is an Airhead/ Guzzi breakfast in Dekalb at the Junction (shitty diner in center of town) on the first Saturday of every month. Anyone in here attended or interested in attending? I would like to go but am fearful of seeming strange and out of place as the youngest/ dumbest member of that crowd.....

Next one first week of OCT, 9am. Any takers?
tathambenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #234
Savoir-Faire
Powered by Hate

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oz
What is "Pies are Square"??
I've never been, but anecdotal evidence supports the possibility of "the best pie around". I've heard of all kinds of off-the-wall stuff as well as gold standards like Apple, Strawberry-Rhubarb, Cranberry-walnut pie, Guinness Stout pie made with chocolate chips, and so on.

Location on Wisconsin tourist site: LINK

Photo of interior (looks busy, can't be bad food then): LINK

AdvRider Pie thread: LINK

I need a reason to ride. I feel like I should be going somewhere rather than just riding in a circle (unless the goal for the day is to ride in a circle, like on a sporting bike). This seems a good reason. As I said, it's a bit far for some though. On the upside, it's really good riding to the west.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #235
The Oz
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir-Faire
I've never been, but anecdotal evidence supports the possibility of "the best pie around". I've heard of all kinds of off-the-wall stuff as well as gold standards like Apple, Strawberry-Rhubarb, Cranberry-walnut pie, Guinness Stout pie made with chocolate chips, and so on.

Location on Wisconsin tourist site: LINK

Photo of interior (looks busy, can't be bad food then): LINK

AdvRider Pie thread: LINK

I need a reason to ride. I feel like I should be going somewhere rather than just riding in a circle (unless the goal for the day is to ride in a circle, like on a sporting bike). This seems a good reason. As I said, it's a bit far for some though. On the upside, it's really good riding to the west.
Destinations are nice. Especially when you start talking crazy, as in "Guinness Stout pie made with chocolate chips." I hope they have Guinness to dip the Guinness pie in. I long to know more of this pie heaven you speak of and hope that a ride is planned there in the near future.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #236
ghostrider.y2k
ride enything but HD

Oddometer: 864
Door County,WI ride.Saturday

Few of us going to Wi. to taste of local pie on saturday.Dstination Door County,Wi. Great place,nice ride,lets enjoy good wether before winter.
ghostrider.y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #237
R80Camper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tathambenjamin
Hey I hear there is an Airhead/ Guzzi breakfast in Dekalb at the Junction (shitty diner in center of town) on the first Saturday of every month. Anyone in here attended or interested in attending? I would like to go but am fearful of seeming strange and out of place as the youngest/ dumbest member of that crowd.....

Next one first week of OCT, 9am. Any takers?
I've been there a couple times. Don't fret over being out of place - the parking lot tire kicking and BS-ing is very low key. Arriving on a DP would attract some interest as the regulars are more touring oriented. The Airhead attendance will be lower as the there is a campout at Wildcat Mountain hosted by the Madison BMW club that weekend in conjunction with the Slimey Crud Run (Peter Egan's gang).

And, btw "shitty" is kinda harsh for the Junction. Breakfast is tasty, hot and plenty, and the girls serving are always friendly. But then again I'll eat Landshire Farms sandwiches at RoadPilot so my assessment of haute cuisine in rural Illinois might be biased despite being a lifelong Chicagoan.
Y2K VN750 (40F+ for commuting)
83 R80RT (tired after 90K miles) ABC#6326
R80Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:02 AM   #238
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider.y2k
Few of us going to Wi. to taste of local pie on saturday.Dstination Door County,Wi. Great place,nice ride,lets enjoy good wether before winter.

What time are you leaving and from where?

I could ride after 10 on Sat. Leaving from the the Lake Forest Oasis would work.
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #239
Savoir-Faire